Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Buying my first hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 12th, 2008, 09:08 PM
BugAreNotOnMe

Default Buying my first hookah

I never smoke hookah on my own. It always me and someone else, or two other people. I'm looking for something so me and a couple guys at my uni can go out, find a picnic bench, set the thing up, and just smoke a little.

Ideally it will have three hoses, but two is alright I suppose.

I'm looking to spend less then 100$, but I also want something that will last a couple years without leaking or corroding.

Here are 3 that I found

This one looks nice and is cheap. But I'm afraid that it'll be a cheap Chinese hookah and will start leaking after 5 uses

Then there is this one. Handmade Egyptian, which is nice. The price is also good. I'm probably most likley to get this one. One thing I'm concered about is that if there are only 2 people smoking, will I have to cover the third hose? How do I do that, besides just jamming a paper towel in there.

Finally there is this one. Probably the highest quality of the three, but a little too pricey for my taste

Recap:
I know very little about hookahs. I only want to spend about 60$. I also want it last a couple years without any maintence other then cleaning.

Post some suggestions please.

Last edited by BugAreNotOnMe; September 13th, 2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:48 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Default Re: Buying my first hookah

Pics / Links Nao Plz?
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yaa umm.. get picks at what you looking at but this is a decent hookah thats shouldnt fail on you..
http://saharasmoke.com/store/catalog...h-p-16421.html
multi hoses are generally a little more cash but its worth it if your going to smoke often with some friends..
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:58 PM
cm08
Hookah Newbie

A good hookah for 60 bucks or less... with two or three hoses... I guess there aren't many around. But for less than 100 bucks... you can get the smaller myas with two hoses... You should take a look at some websites like *************.com to check it out. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:04 AM
OCMusicJunkie
Hookah Nut

Buy one of the 28" MZ hookahs from *************.com

I've had mine for 2+ years and it's still awesome.

Other than that, if you want a small hookah, look for a Mya Razo.

Get a name brand. Don't get some cheapo from the local smoke shop. If you buy a name-brand like KM, MZ, or Mya, you can always get replacement parts too.
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:10 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Agreed OCMJ. Get a decent rig to share with your friends (mouth pieces ftw).

Something like this would be much more worthwhile...

http://www.*************.com/shop/pr...22c3c8b5967232

Its a bad ass rig that will last you a while. Get something that resembles a work of art that will help you enjoy the hookah experience. Lately, alot of HP members have been posting pics of thier new rigs and its great to see that everyone has such great taste and appreciates having one good piece instead of something cheap...
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:45 AM
cm08
Hookah Newbie

I agree with kingboyb... Get a good solid hookah with one hose... and do the puff puff pass scheme. They tend to be a little less expensive and will last a long while... Make sure to buy the hookah from a reputable seller, and don't buy hookah because of it's price, because in the end.... it might be more expensive.

Go with KM, Mya, MZ, and other brands, and make sure that the hookahs have positive reviews. before buying a specific hookah that interests you, ask around to see what people think about it.
Old September 13th, 2008, 03:32 AM
BugAreNotOnMe

I didnt realize that this fourm kinda hides your links when you embed them

Here are the three links:
http://cgi.ebay.com/24-3-Hose-Blue-K...QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.socialsmoke.com/cgi-bin/s...g=prod&ref=EG3
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...?idproduct=104
Old September 13th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Even though it's only 22" high that Social Smoke hookah is a MZ. If I was in the market for a multi hose hookah in that price range that would be what I'd get. The first one is Chinese and most would say they are crap. The third one would be my choice after the MZ because it is an Egyptian hookah.
Old September 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PakistaniMasty Send a message via MSN to PakistaniMasty Send a message via Yahoo to PakistaniMasty

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Hello BugAreNotOnMe,[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]This is PakistaniMasty here - If you are haveing trouble finding a good multihose hookah you can always build your own! It's on SaharaSmoke.com you pick everything you want and make your own custimized Hookah Here is the link:[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]http://saharasmoke.com/store/pconf.php?productid=17090[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]{PakistaniMasty}[/FONT]
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Of those that you posted, I'd go with the MZ.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:09 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Go with the MZ
Check out ******* Hookah and ask John his opinions. He won't steer you wrong.

And just so people realize he did post each of the links in his original post.
Old September 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM
jonsmokeshookah
Hookah Newbie

I've always found that multi-hoses never hit quite as good as a single hose. They also tend to leak after a while. I've also never really seen the point of a multi-hose. Sure its convenient when there's a few people but you can't even have more than one person hitting it at a time or the draw gets really hard.

If I was in your situation I would just pick up a single hose Magdy Zidan, some Al Fakhers, a pack of ******* Hookah coals, and a Razan hose. That's a bomb setup right there that would last a while.
Old September 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmokeshookah View Post
I've always found that multi-hoses never hit quite as good as a single hose. They also tend to leak after a while. I've also never really seen the point of a multi-hose. Sure its convenient when there's a few people but you can't even have more than one person hitting it at a time or the draw gets really hard.

If I was in your situation I would just pick up a single hose Magdy Zidan, some Al Fakhers, a pack of ******* Hookah coals, and a Razan hose. That's a bomb setup right there that would last a while.
I completely agree!
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:54 AM
lalhookah
Hookah Nut

the MZ should do it jus fine
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

Quote:

Word, John is the shit in our hookah world.
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I think u should consider about this offer: http://www.*************.com/shop/pr...22c3c8b5967232

I really like it. U can get a nice 32" MZ Horas hookah with every accessories u will definetaly need,a 1kg box of ******* Hookah charcoals (u can choose between the naturals and the instant lites), 4 50g packs of AF shisha (u can choose the flavors) and if u like, u can upgrade this with a great washable Razan hose for a special price.
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:43 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Some 2 hoses do hit just as well as 1 hoses, the MYA's are prime example but are really expensive, but you cant go wrong with built quality and smoke from it, the only hookahs i think that hit better are KM's, syrians and MZ which are great hookahs for a lot cheaper

Quote:

Old September 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I say a Mya Acrylic. You will be moving the hookah around quite a bit and need it to be as light as possible and still be completely functional and aesthetically pleasing. The Acrylic base is hard to break, I have had mine for over 2 years and have never even cracked it. Also, it can be any amount of hoses you want, you just use adapters. The stem itself is very durable, and screws apart to be cleaned easily. The stem screws onto the base so it will never slip off or give a bad seal.

The amount of hoses doesn't affect shit. It doesn't make any sense how it even could. The pull is based mainly on the Heart Style, the Hose Diameter and the Core Diameter. KM's are usually the widest. Mya's are Common Chamber, which means it has a hollow heart that smoke builds up in that ever hose draws from (no single holes). Mya hookahs have a very wide bore because they have no center tube core; the downstem is very thick as well. getting a multiple hose Egyptian defeats the purpose of the Egyptian style hookah.

For your needs, you for sure want to go with Mya Acrylic.

I usually have 10-15 people on my single 4 hosed Acrylic and 4 hoses are definitely needed, but it would be better if people could deal with less, but of course they cannot.

DO NOT GET A MULTIPLE HOSE EGYPTIAN. Stick with a 1 hose Egyptian, or a Mya Acrylic (1-4 hoses).

Last edited by ZenSilk; September 19th, 2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:18 PM
Saint King
Hookah Newbie

Yea, what he said....
No but seriously with anymulti-hosed hookah, whenever you and a friend try to intake at the same time, you will be competing for smoke.
I would suggest a single-hosed hookah (call me old fashioned, but I still believe in rotation) with an acrylic base (my cousin has one and it's pretty "ballin'").

http://completehookah.com/stores/

It has every seller of hookah online in convienient alphabetical order.

Just hit up some websites and take a look.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/subcategory_75.htm

Here are some hookahs in your pricerange cuortisy of HookahCompany.com

There are more websites. Just use the internet and and find something...

Hope this helps...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook