Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Jet Glass shots... (lots of pics)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 17th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Jet Glass shots... (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
I just bought one of theese things because of your review man..
But now u say u dont use the little mod any more? What was it good for anyways..
And whats the difference between using the glass screen and foil.. ?
Congrats! What color did you go with? I really like mine.

I still use my mod. It is tough to clean, but it saves some shisha since I typically smoke solo.

Glass vs. foil: Glass takes longer to heat up. With glass, ash from the coals won't get into your shisha. You also don't get coal taste with glass. The glass holds heat longer than foil and seems to heat the shisha more evenly. For me heat management seems easier with glass. With glass, you do need to flip your coals more often. Glass is also a bitch to clean. I still need to try rubbing some olive oil on it to see if that helps.

One piece of advice I have with the glass: don't use a scotch brite pad to clean it. I did this and my glass screen now has scratches on it and looks slightly foggy. Fortunately I didn't scratch my bowl, just my screen. I've heard an SOS pad works well for cleaning it, but havn't tried it myself yet.
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

could you use a glass screen on a regular tangiers bowl or does it have to be a glass on glass thing?
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishasmoke1904 View Post
could you use a glass screen on a regular tangiers bowl or does it have to be a glass on glass thing?
Yeah. When you order from MNHookah.com just tell them what bowl you want the glass to fit. I haven't tried it yet, but my glass screen seems to fit my small tangiers funnel.
Old September 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
reality-
Banned

hey Mate!
yeah you know what.. I was so damn excited when i ordered that I actually didnt care about the color, and therefore dont remeber what colour I got.. I just know that it wasn't the collectors edition and it wasnt the tower model.. So it will be a sureprise

Do u use this bowl as u smoke on a regular bases? Cus I smoke sometimes twice a day and to clean that thing seems hard, maybe not the energy to do that twice :S

Do u think u can clean it in the dishwasher?
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:45 AM
ATXhookADDICT
Hookah Newbie

For everyone worried about cleaning the mod or the screen or bowl... there is a simple solution! (as long as the piece is made of glass) =) a friend of mine actually showed me this a couple of nights ago. All you need is some powder dishwashing soap, a microwavable container that can hold the thing to be cleaned, and some water. For the **tobacco** pipe I cleaned using this method, it removed a HUGE amount of gunk from months of use, so at least give it a try =-P

First, make sure you get what you can out of/ off of the item using normal methods like scrubbing and water.
Second, pour the dishwashing powder directly into the item and all over the areas that are dirty, and then place it in the container.
Finally, add water and microwave the assembly for a minute at a time, as needed, until you achieve the desired results.

Hope that helps, good luck everyone
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
reality-
Banned

damn that description was not to easy to understand for me.. maybe cus english is not my own language..

Wharbone, did u understand that method better? Maybe u could try it out one time and see how it works for ya?
Old September 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
hey Mate!
yeah you know what.. I was so damn excited when i ordered that I actually didnt care about the color, and therefore dont remeber what colour I got.. I just know that it wasn't the collectors edition and it wasnt the tower model.. So it will be a sureprise

Do u use this bowl as u smoke on a regular bases? Cus I smoke sometimes twice a day and to clean that thing seems hard, maybe not the energy to do that twice :S

Do u think u can clean it in the dishwasher?
Post some pics of it once you receive it. I'd love to see it.

This is my go-to bowl now with the exception of when I smoke Tangiers. Since I'm new to smoking Tangiers, I want to perfect it with my small Tangiers Funnel bowl and foil first before moving on to my Jet Glass.

Cleaning will be easier if you pack it so no tobacco touches the glass screen. The glass screen is the thing hardest to clean for me. The bowl isn't too bad to clean. The rim gets some spots here and there. The scalli is hard to clean underneath it. I usually don't get all the spots out of the underside of my scalli.
Old September 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXhookADDICT View Post
For everyone worried about cleaning the mod or the screen or bowl... there is a simple solution! (as long as the piece is made of glass) =) a friend of mine actually showed me this a couple of nights ago. All you need is some powder dishwashing soap, a microwavable container that can hold the thing to be cleaned, and some water. For the **tobacco** pipe I cleaned using this method, it removed a HUGE amount of gunk from months of use, so at least give it a try =-P

First, make sure you get what you can out of/ off of the item using normal methods like scrubbing and water.
Second, pour the dishwashing powder directly into the item and all over the areas that are dirty, and then place it in the container.
Finally, add water and microwave the assembly for a minute at a time, as needed, until you achieve the desired results.

Hope that helps, good luck everyone
I'll try this some time. I only have liquid dishwashing soap at the moment.
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:32 PM
reality-
Banned

I will defenitly post some pics when I get it!

So you say it is your go-to bowl now.. Lovely.. U use it with the glassscreen all the time or with foil sometimes when ur lazy or something like that..

I actually ordered a chinese small funnel (tangiers was sold out ) to use for thoose moment when I dont want to clean the screen and bowl..

have you tried any alfa kher in it? and in that case what flavour..?

Im also guessing that the tangiers bowl was your favourite before.. Is this glass bowl better then te tangiers for you ( except for with tangieras tobacco )
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I will defenitly post some pics when I get it!

So you say it is your go-to bowl now.. Lovely.. U use it with the glassscreen all the time or with foil sometimes when ur lazy or something like that..

I actually ordered a chinese small funnel (tangiers was sold out ) to use for thoose moment when I dont want to clean the screen and bowl..

have you tried any alfa kher in it? and in that case what flavour..?

Im also guessing that the tangiers bowl was your favourite before.. Is this glass bowl better then te tangiers for you ( except for with tangieras tobacco )
I've only used my glass screen with it so far. If I were to want to use foil, I'd probably just use my Tangiers funnel. It would be a shame to cover up this art with foil.

I have mainly smoked Al Fakher out of it. I'm smoking a mix of AF Grape, Watermelon, and Mint right now in fact.

I actually bought both my Tangiers Funnel and Jet Glass at the same time from different vendors. I have only used my Tangiers Funnel so far with Tangiers tobacco, so I can't really compare both. The Jet glass holds a lot less shisha, which is great for me since I typically smoke solo.
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:15 PM
reality-
Banned

awesome man!! Feels so safe to hear you say that u have a tangiers, but yet to prefer to smoke your alfa kher tobacco inside the glass funnel bowl . ! I love to hear that, cus Im afraid of getting dissapointed.. Im all about flavour, since Ive smoked many years. I really dont want this to be, just like many other hookah things Ive bought during the years, a dissapointment.. U search for the revolutionary shisha method and u end up with pure bullshit..

But this time it actually looks convincing.. Ive ordered this glas funnel with the glas screen. Ive ordered some alfa kher golden grape wich I have never tried before, also some other alfa kher 50 gram packs to try. Also a new hose, razer sultan hose, and a diffuser and oh! right! both the ******* hookah charcoal and the exotic finger coal! ... So I really got my hopes up high!!! everything should arrive to me in the end of next week if Im lucky!

by the way, which coal do you use..?
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

I'm using Exotica coals.
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:26 AM
lalhookah
Hookah Nut

thts one sexy bowl man. pretty expensive though(too expensive in my opinion) guess its worth the cost.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:50 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharbone View Post
I'm using Exotica coals.
Weyy that's excellent!! exotiva finger coals seems good..

But I dont think you answered my questcion earlier.. Have you tried to just put the bowl, glass screen and the little stone, inside a dishwasher after a session? that would be really awesome if it worked..
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Weyy that's excellent!! exotiva finger coals seems good..

But I dont think you answered my questcion earlier.. Have you tried to just put the bowl, glass screen and the little stone, inside a dishwasher after a session? that would be really awesome if it worked..
I haven't tried a dishwasher myself.
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
reality-
Banned

U have no dish washer at home? It's the best girlfriend u can have man !! Love her!!!!
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I like to spend time with cleaning my hookah and my accessories, but i think that there is a line. These glass Phunnels are really, _really_ awesome, they looks soooo fine. But i think, if u have to spend so much time to get them clean, and u serve them, and not them u, thats not so good. If my girlfriend would tell me, that she cleans it all the way after every single session, than i would definitely buy one ... (i don't have one, i think this means something )
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
U have no dish washer at home? It's the best girlfriend u can have man !! Love her!!!!
No, I have a dishwasher (and a wife) but haven't used it to wash my Jet Glass.
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:09 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
No, I have a dishwasher (and a wife) but haven't used it to wash my Jet Glass.

why not? Is it not worth a try.. think about the effort it would save u
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Tried the dishwasher on my mod and glass screen. Didn't get the spots off at all.

Tonight I put a little olive oil on my glass screen to see if that helps with the cleaning. I'll report back once I finish and disassemble my hookah on how well it worked with the spots.
Old September 20th, 2008, 05:17 AM
twooos
Hookah Newbie

Congrats, looks like i need to get one of these as well!

Sorry to be off-topic, but one thing no one has mentioned is your photography. Damn, its amazing! I really like photography of set-up hookahs, the smoke, bubbles e.t.c.

What camera/lens do you have? What shutter/aperture/exposure settings? I'm kinda new to photography so...yeah lol.

Thanks
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Tried the dishwasher on my mod and glass screen. Didn't get the spots off at all.

Tonight I put a little olive oil on my glass screen to see if that helps with the cleaning. I'll report back once I finish and disassemble my hookah on how well it worked with the spots.

Wonderful! Thanks for posting results and such here.. Will really be helpful for us who either got the glass funnel or planning to buy one ( or like me.. Waiting excited to receive it ) =)
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Holy Crap Nice pictures man they came out NICE. i especially like the third pic. so is MNHOOKAH.COM the only website that someone can purchase the mod?
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:44 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
Holy Crap Nice pictures man they came out NICE. i especially like the third pic. so is MNHOOKAH.COM the only website that someone can purchase the mod?
Yes it is the only website where you can find this beauty !
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooos View Post
Congrats, looks like i need to get one of these as well!

Sorry to be off-topic, but one thing no one has mentioned is your photography. Damn, its amazing! I really like photography of set-up hookahs, the smoke, bubbles e.t.c.

What camera/lens do you have? What shutter/aperture/exposure settings? I'm kinda new to photography so...yeah lol.

Thanks
Thanks! I'm just using a Canon Rebel XT with the kit lens. My parents are professional photographers in San Diego, so I've been around great photography my whole life. I've only dabbled in it myself. I took a beginning photography class in high school (11 years ago).

I was taking these in AV mode on my Rebel. The aperture was approximately f3.5-4.5. Don't know much more than that.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook