Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Coconaras not staying lit

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Haihookah
Hookah Newbie

Default Coconaras not staying lit

This is really bothering me i leave the coconaras on the stove for atleast 5 min on each side they appear to be fully lit. after about 1 go around with 3 people they are completely black again on that side that we were smoking on. the hookah goes pretty dead and they pretty much go out except on the sides...what is going on?

thanks haihookah
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: Coconaras not staying lit

They have to be flipped like every 5 or 10 minutes. They are not the amazingly great coal people say they are. Some folks swear by them others swear at them. I dislike coconut coals in general.
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Haihookah
Hookah Newbie

well the reason i use them is because its either them or 3 kings quick light and i hate 3 kings they taste horrible and ruin the smoke. or i guess i could order some different ones what do you recommend?
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I recommend Exotica's. I have been using the original batch of them though. Some folks have had problems with one batch, but I never have had a bad one yet.
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Haihookah
Hookah Newbie

mmk i guess ill have to give them a try im just kinda impatient when it comes to ordering stuff online i wish stores near me carried them.
Old September 14th, 2008, 02:48 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

you could try CHs coals
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:15 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I used to have the exact samew problem, but after putting a wind cover on it stays lit, the smallest bit of wind and they seem to go off
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:24 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I think a windcover would solve ur problem. If u use a wc the heat stays more round the coals, and they stay fully lit easier. I think u should give it a try. And when u light ur coals, don't get them down immediately, when they get red, leave them on the stove for some minutes, it can help too. I usually put a windcover on the coals on the stove too, it helps to lit them faster. I hope u can solve ur problem If Coconaras not good for u, and the solutions are not working, than i suggest u to get some Exoticas, they are awesome too!

Good Luck m8!
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I always use a windcover when using an Egyptian bowl, and they went out anyway.
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:33 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I always use a windcover when using an Egyptian bowl, and they went out anyway.
I don't know, because i have never used coconaras or exoticas, but cocobrico which is a coconut coal too works pretty good for me Maybe others can help him out, or simply he should try Exoticas
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Mate where do you get your coals from, are they shipped from the U.S or do you know any european sites that ship to the UK

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; September 14th, 2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Haihookah
Hookah Newbie

thanks for the replies i smoke inside so its not that windy, but i could try a wind cover anyway. If not i may give exoticas a try even though it be pretty expensive to order offline.
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

I say screw Cocos, Exoticas, 3ks, all the sort and go for the ******* Hookah coals!
Old September 14th, 2008, 05:06 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i had that issue when i started with them, you gtoa leave them on longer. put them on the stove until the bottom and all the corners are starting to ash, then flip and leave them on for a few more. when i pull them off i blow on both sides really hard to get them up to glowing then put them in the coal carrier, pull them out at the hookah and blow again putting the side that was up in the carrier onto the bowl. then i flip them the first time after like 5 mins, blow a lot on the part that was up and maybe a touch on the part that was down then flip.

the first 5 mins you have to flip them or else they go out some. i also found that just leaving them on the coil for like a total of 8-10 mins is what is needed. if you do like i do the coals get going very very well, the sides do go out some but as long as you blow on them when you flip they are ok. i started just touching them with a blow torch for like 2 seconds before i put them back on jsut so i dont have to blow really hard to get the black back up to red.

they dont stay glowing like the exoticas do as well but as long as you heat them up all the way though they will stay red inside and on the non down side usually. takes a little more playing but after you figure it out they are easier than exoticas and last longer, was a big fan of exoticas but after giving the cocos a try i really like them, both have the ups and downs
-matt
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:44 PM
kingboyb
Banned

My opinion is that you pick up some ******* Hookah QLs. They light faster than 3K and remain odorless after light up like CCNs.
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Haihookah
Hookah Newbie

thank you again for your replies especially Mattathayde for his long description. Im trying what you said now im just gonna leave them on even longer i always do flip them a lot and flip them when i put them on the foil cause the side you put down goes out.
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:58 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I use 2 CCN's and a windcover on virtually any bowl and get excellent smoke with no blacking of the coals. I have had them get a little black when I didn't have a windcover on though.

Old September 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

ummm chornic hookah coals... nuff said. yeah do what they said and flip them and blow on the black side (watch for the ash and sparks and shit) and once its all lit all around i usually put the windcover on for some monster hitting.
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haihookah View Post
thank you again for your replies especially Mattathayde for his long description. Im trying what you said now im just gonna leave them on even longer i always do flip them a lot and flip them when i put them on the foil cause the side you put down goes out.
what i also realized tonight it seems like if you dont heat them enough the first time you light them up, its uber hard to get them to light up with no taste. i lit up a round smoked fine then lit up another one and didnt leave it on totally long enough (maybe a min to short) and got bad taste from the, tossed them back on and didnt really get rid of it so i just smoked through it, they were all red and glowing just seems to sometimes have a slight taste when you light up coals and i think its from slight under lighting

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook