Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

pet peeves

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 15th, 2008, 02:31 AM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

Default pet peeves

Last night I discovered my first pet peeve in my hookah smoking career. We were at a bachelor party and I brought my pipe, so we were all having a good time, everyone was enjoying it, and one of my buddies kept smoking it and being really strange. he would pull, pull the hose away, grit his teeth like it hurt, held it in, smacked his lips like he was eating, and then would exhale, barely letting out anything. It was just annoying and I was so bugged by it..

over-reacting?

discuss
________
vaporizer shop

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:42 AM
DaGreyEst
Hookah Nut

Default Re: pet peeves

along the same lines i hate it when people find that if you use a hookah as intended as opposed to using it with nht they look at you like you are an idiot.
Old September 15th, 2008, 03:04 AM
AngriestPhx
Hookah Nut

I can't stand it when people take a really hard/powerful draw. It's like they are sucking all the oxygen out of the room through the hose. That and it causes the tobacco to burn a lot faster. Nice description about the gritting teeth and lip smacking. That's f*cking annoying too. When people smoke hookah tobacco like it's NHT they look like douche bags.
Old September 15th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I don't really care, as long as they pay me for any damage done and I keep the tobacco flowing.

Usually I am too busy tending other pipes to notice.
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:08 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

What i don't like is when i go to somewhere and bring my pipe with me and while i'm smoking they come there and nearly without asking suck the hell out of it. I usually describe them, that i don't go to other people, get out their cigarette from their mouth; so they shouldn't do this ... If they ask, and respect my rules, than there is nor problem, but in a way like that ...
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:11 AM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

LOL Yeags dude i have a friend that does that all the time and i just feel like smacking him w/ the hose. HAHA i know exactly what you're talking about dude
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM
hookhaham
Banned

Send a message via MSN to hookhaham

hahaha so true man
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i know exactly what you mean. i'll be sampling stuff and someone will be interested in the store, and me being the "customer service/salesman" that I am I'll offer some. They take a long drag, hold it in for a few, maybe more than a few seconds, and let it out. It makes you want to drop your head and shake it, oh well, that's life.

Last edited by Dunkel; September 15th, 2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Removed NHT reference
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:04 PM
churlz
Hookah Nut

Haha, for me hookah is all about making big clouds and getting the most flavor... and you certainly can't do it that way.

I think my biggest pet peeve would be people who are impatient. The type who are like, "OMG, he took three puffs and hasn't passed the hose yet!" Hookah is supposed to be a relaxing social engagement, not a race.
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

yea, that same guy was pulling that too. I would take my pull, exhale, and he's already reaching for the hose. Gave him a dirty look.
________
vapir no2

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeags777 View Post
yea, that same guy was pulling that too. I would take my pull, exhale, and he's already reaching for the hose. Gave him a dirty look.
That's the only thing that bothers me. They reach out just as I puff once and then keep it for several minutes.

I think you knee this friend in the family jewels.
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Fings1
Hookah Newbie

Everyone I introduce to hookah seems to do that though. They inhale...then they inhale again like a cig...then they exhale slowly. It's a matter of explaining it to them in most cases.
Old September 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

I've only smoked with friends so far, and they all know how to enjoy a hookah, so i haven't noticed any pet peeves with that kind of stuff yet.

But i will see some people on stickam who just pull in really hard, hold it for a few seconds, then exhale really hard, and i'm just like... ><. I want to tell them "you're doing it wrong!" but it doesn't really matter to me.

I think the big clouds are a big part of the whole satisfying hookah smoking for me. I love letting out a big cloud of smoke slowly then watching it dissipate.

Although when it's a circle of me and 3 friends it's fun to play chicago, take quick puffs and pass the hose around quickly and the first one to exhale loses :P No point really, but it's fun to do with my friends who don't smoke often and complain about a really hard buzz, haha.
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:06 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

I smoke alone so dont have this problem but first one who does any of this like someone said there getting a good kick in the jewls
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

i saw this samoan guy pull, exhale, pull, exhale, pull, and exhale i was like wtf like he was breathing hookah... i dont know if he know how to use it so i just let it slide and he's samoan... a big samoan guy... i'm a short filipino guy... nuff said. gotta love those big fellows though..
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

No more references to illegal substances or I'll lock this thread. C'mon guys you know the rules.
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:28 PM
oramac
Hookah Nut

i normally smoke with a bunch of friends on a hookah with 3/4 hoses. my biggest pet peeve is when im taking a hit, is when one of my friends starts taking one too, completely killing anything i had goin >.<
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:54 AM
aznfamous
Hookah Nut

i dont like it when people mess with my coal arrangement thinking they know what they're doing. i have a few acquaintances who always complain about packing and never seem to pack themselves.
Old September 16th, 2008, 07:02 AM
deverlight
Hookah Newbie

My biggest problem is the people who buy hookahs because they are a "hip" thing and then don't learn how to properly set it up.

I've smoked countless times on friends' hookahs and had ridiculously hard draws, no smoke, burnt flavor, or all of the above!
Old September 16th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

Mine has got to be the ignornorant drunk prick at the party who tries to light his cigarette off my coals. Thats when I swing the hose like indiana jones for quick ear whip.
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

Kinda Weird? Never heard or seen anyone do that before. Did you ask him what he was doing? Might be an interesting answer.
Old September 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

Quote:
Originally Posted by churlz View Post
Haha, for me hookah is all about making big clouds and getting the most flavor... and you certainly can't do it that way.

I think my biggest pet peeve would be people who are impatient. The type who are like, "OMG, he took three puffs and hasn't passed the hose yet!" Hookah is supposed to be a relaxing social engagement, not a race.
OMFG yes deff.. some of my friends are like that i cant stand that.. haha when they do that i just take my sweet ass time and skip them if im smoking with more than 2 ppl.. im like this is my house my hookah my tobacco soo bite me.
Old September 16th, 2008, 06:08 PM
xxToranachxx
Hookah Newbie

texas
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Adam2uBer
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Adam2uBer Send a message via AIM to Adam2uBer Send a message via MSN to Adam2uBer Send a message via Yahoo to Adam2uBer Send a message via Skype™ to Adam2uBer

@yeags777: You're not overreacting. I can only imagine how aggrivated you were.

My pet peeves:
People who keep it for too long.
People who only take one drag then pass it. I know this will sound really contradicting but for the love of humanity...ENJOY IT!
People that talk about the set up a hookah (bowl, coals, etc) and how to set it up when they've never done it themselves.
People who hold the hose while telling a lengthy story and don't even smoke from it or pass it.
People that are smoking cigs/cigars that decide to join in on the rotation. Either smoke your damn cig or the hookah...NOT BOTH!
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Murkmastur
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Murkmastur Send a message via Yahoo to Murkmastur

People who power-pull and people who chain smoke the hell out of your hookah and hold huge lung fulls, going for buzz over flavor..(which ultimately winds up giving them a biiig stomach ache)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook