Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

pet peeves

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: pet peeves

exactly! people that hold the hose while telling stories and then after they're done they don't even hit it again before they give it to you......

Originally Posted by Adam2uBer View Post
@yeags777: You're not overreacting. I can only imagine how aggrivated you were.

My pet peeves:
People who keep it for too long.
People who only take one drag then pass it. I know this will sound really contradicting but for the love of humanity...ENJOY IT!
People that talk about the set up a hookah (bowl, coals, etc) and how to set it up when they've never done it themselves.
People who hold the hose while telling a lengthy story and don't even smoke from it or pass it.
People that are smoking cigs/cigars that decide to join in on the rotation. Either smoke your damn cig or the hookah...NOT BOTH!
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Hookah Nut

yeah i hate it as well when my buddies light their ciggies from my coals
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Hookah Master

Ahh man... when someone takes a bite outta their Carne Asada fries and rams the tip back into their mouth right after wards. God, i can't stand it.
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Hookah Guru
Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I hate when people say hookah sesh or spell it like that. It's kinda stupid.
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hookah Pro

the only thing is hate is dropped coals...other than that...im good lol
Old September 18th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via AIM to SixPackSunday

i hate...

dropping coals
having to flip shitty coals all the time
people who brag about their how much smoke they can hold
people who hold the hose forever

i dont really care if people light their cigs on my coals
ash in my try
take stupid big/little hits... its their puff, let em do it their way

my fav thing to do with people who brag about how big they can his is wait until their not paying attention before they take a hit... pull out the hose and blow in the other in when they inhale.... funny as shit!
Old September 18th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Moderator Kitteh
Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

My pet peeves:

People who draw like they have iron lungs. I mean COME ON there is no reason to actually LURCH while you take a hit for "more power"...... If you're not getting great clouds before, this isn't going to help much but make the next person have a shitty burnt hit.

2- People who don't tell you the hose they are passing is "hot". By that I mean the draw being harsh.... I'm mixing drinks, or getting people crap or whatever to always tend to the hookah, when I take a drag and then feel the fire creeping inside my throat.... I get pretty irritated! HOW CAN YOU JUST KEEP SMOKING THIS AND NOT TELL ME!??!

3- I hate hookah whores. (Except for me) I'm allowed to hog the hose because it's mine if no one is smoking or holds out their hand or asks for it. I hate when people get distracted by everything else, so it's for safe keeping until someone wants it! lol

4. People knocking over my hose, hookah, bowl, tongs, coals whatever. If they knock over my hookah stuff, i get pretty mad no matter what it is. Just watch were you are going! ugh. My stuff is in the same general area each time we smoke. LEARN THAT!

5. People asking me "when i'm going to light the hookah"..... I smoke it everyday. It will Most likely be lit sometime during your stay at my house. Don't ask... just get up and start the process or say - "hey can we smoke peach? or whatever?" - because NOBODY ever gives me a hint on what they want to smoke, it's always"Hey are you going to light the hookah... Um ok... what do you want to smoke... i don't know... "and then i'm stuck making it and thining up something to smoke. I hate that too....

6- People who smoke right before smoking my hookah. I CAN TASTE THAT JUNK.... COME ON. gross. eat a tick tack or something. NOT cool.

7. People who light up cigs after smoking hookah. Did you not just inhale 3 hours of hookah into your lungs? (I know i know "it's different".)

I think i'm done being bitchy right now. I'm irritated and not happy so this was a good post lol!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; September 18th, 2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old September 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by yeags777 View Post
yea, that same guy was pulling that too. I would take my pull, exhale, and he's already reaching for the hose. Gave him a dirty look.
if yeags gives me a dirty look i'm keeping my hands off his hose
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Hookah Nut

i hate when people start messing with my hookah when they have no idea what there doing i have no problem teaching you dont just start messing with my stuff

and also when people use my ash tray as an ash tray for there cigs especially since i have plenty of ash trays where i smoke i dont know why it makes me mad but it does
Old October 16th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hookah Nut

Originally Posted by oramac View Post
i normally smoke with a bunch of friends on a hookah with 3/4 hoses. my biggest pet peeve is when im taking a hit, is when one of my friends starts taking one too, completely killing anything i had goin >.<
I'm lucky in that most people I light up 2 hoses for have about the same lung power as me, we both pull good drags through my MYA. When I've got the girls around for a smoke I normally just use 1 hose, if somebody pulls while they pull, they get no smoke and get sad haha.

I'm guilty of a few of the pet peeves mentioned in this thread, but I don't do it all the time. Sometimes I'll take a long pull, sometimes I'll hold a lungful of smoke...My mates are normally good to smoke with, no hose grabbing, pretty good with puff puff pass and not being asked etc

My BIGGEST pet peeve was my last flatmate though, who liked to tell stories while we smoked. I liked the stories, but he would get the hose passed to him, start talking and wouldn't smoke or pass for like 5 minutes at a time! Did my head in haha!
Old October 17th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Hookah Nut

Originally Posted by churlz View Post
Haha, for me hookah is all about making big clouds and getting the most flavor... and you certainly can't do it that way.

I think my biggest pet peeve would be people who are impatient. The type who are like, "OMG, he took three puffs and hasn't passed the hose yet!" Hookah is supposed to be a relaxing social engagement, not a race.
My first time smoking my friends had a rule. If you want the hose, you say Hookah Hoot! The person with the hose is allowed one last draw. Then each person passing it to you gets a draw as a 'tax'. It works really well. It tended to be hit, hit, pass. Sometimes people didn't want one right then, so you got the hose until someone said hookah hoot.
Old October 17th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hookah Nut

i hate it when the people are sitting around and then say "hey go set up the hookah" after ive set it up, everything is done, and then they start to complain about the flavor you chose, or say the mix you have taste like ass, but continue smoking.
Old October 17th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Ok so my experience is with hookah's that I rent so my peeves are a little different. I enjoy when people come over and ask what it is, what is in it, what we are doing. That is fun for me my wife hates it. I hate it when she wants a puff but she wants me to hold the hose for her. WTF. I hate when you pay $8 and only get a quicky because the guy running the place wants to close up early (happened once won't happen again). I hate when you go to a normally quiet place to enjoy some good food and a hookah and there is a gathering of drunks yelling and screaming and stumbling around aimlessly because a football game is on.

So what is the proper way to draw. I probably look like I am smoking something I shouldn't be but holding it in my mouth longer gives me more of the flavor. A slow exhale just feels and tastes wonderfull. If you don't hit it hard enough you don't get much smoke in the chamber. Though i can see how hitting it too hard or too often would be bad (kind of like with a pipe).
Old October 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via AIM to axmann

Since i'm at college right now my number one pet peeve is the people that flock around me and my roommate everytime we set up the hookah. the majority of them are smoking cigarettes and asking for hits, which is a no in my book, and the remainders are usually inquiring about illegal stuff

edit- I have no problem letting people try it out but not while they're busy puffing on a cigarette
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook