Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

do hookah diffuesers do more than just mellow ou the "bubbly" sound??

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 18th, 2008, 11:37 PM
lalhookah
Hookah Nut

Default do hookah diffuesers do more than just mellow ou the "bubbly" sound??

i was wondering whether these hebba diffuser gadgematics do just more than mellow out that lovely irresistible "bubbly" sound
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: do hookah diffuesers do more than just mellow ou the "bubbly" sound??

Some say it'll make the smoke smoother. I usually just use three to four bendy straws, works the same.
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:11 AM
cm08
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: do hookah diffuesers do more than just mellow ou the "bubbly" sound??

yeah... I also have the same doubt... because I also have a heba diffuser and I haven't really noticed a difference except for the bubbly sounds... because the rest seems the same to me...
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:51 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i persoanlly don't see a need for one. one of my old syrians came with one and i just took it off, i can't see that bringinf down the "bubble" level is better
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Roadie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalhookah View Post
i was wondering whether these hebba diffuser gadgematics do just more than mellow out that lovely irresistible "bubbly" sound
It also helps keep the water from splashing and going up the port/hose in a shallow vase. Other than that, I haven't noticed a difference.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:42 AM
lalhookah
Hookah Nut

hmmm yaa i mean unless ur watching t.v or if everyones asleep nd ya don want to disturb them i don think the diffuser is of any use. and why buy when you can make it urself!!:S
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Barnaby
Hookah Newbie

I've been using my Heba diffuser since I got my hookah, about 3 months ago. I've probably smoked a good 20 bowls out of it atleast. I've taken it off maybe once or twice since then.. It did feel like the smoke was alittle harsher without it, but that could be chopped up to bowl packing/heat management. Tough to say. But I can say that my coals shake towards the middle of the bowl without it, so that kinda sucks. Lately though I think it's starting to negatively affect things, as the diffuser is retaining smells, and is hard to get clean. soaking it in baking soda or vinegar helps, but I think it's at a point of diminishing returns. It's not meant to last forever, and in the instructions it does say it will start going yellow when it's time to get a new one.

So, I don't know if its the must have accessory its billed as. I'd much rather see a metal one that's easier to keep clean.
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Saint King
Hookah Newbie

Not only does the Heba Diffuser cut down the bubbling noise when you take a hit. It is also supposed to do the following: filter the nicotine more thoroughly, provide smoother smoke, and provide more smoke.

Now if you want to go into the science of how the diffuser works-- that's another story.

But as mentioned in previous comments. You can do the same with a bunch bendy straws.

Oh and also. I hear that after a while (about 15-30 uses), the diffuser's plastic starts to wear and affects the taste and overall experience of your hookah. But that is just what I hear....
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:51 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Plastic is water insoluble.
Old September 21st, 2008, 09:13 PM
MercQV62
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MercQV62

I have a heeba diffuser. A great investment for the modest price. It produces a moderate amount of additional smoke in my MYA QT, as well as giving my inexperienced hookah mates a great head buzz by filtering the nicotine. However, admittedly it does retain the smell and can become filled with shisha after a nights sesh. Just be sure to clean it and I'm sure it will expand it's life.
Old September 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

Some how I ended up with like 4 heba diffusers lol. One of which we used for a period of a couple months on my g/fs mya acrylic... It did help make the smoke for milky and thick but thats only on her hookah. Every other hookah we used it on it didnt produce hardly any results... IMO its good for bubble noise reduction, other then that dont waste your money on it.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
Plastic is water insoluble.

Sorry for my bad english but.. Does that mean that a plastic diffuser ( this original heba ) can be used forever without it "wearing down" taste as someone said in earlier post?
Old September 22nd, 2008, 04:52 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

I love my homemade diffuser for the following reasons:

1. My hookah is almost silent now which is great since I usually have the TV on when I smoke.

2. Since my hookah doesn't rumble anymore, coals don't move around at all on the foil.

3. Smoke seems smoother and thicker.
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Barnaby
Hookah Newbie

No, it will start to mess up the taste of your shisha. I chucked mine recently, as it was browning, and smelled nasty. No amount of cleaning helps it. But this is intended. If you read the instructions, it is supposed to absorb impurities, and you are supposed to by a new one when it gets nasty.

IMO, it's not worth the money, since it's something that will not last, and it's benefits seems to really cut down on noise more than anything else. I noticed no difference in smoke thickness, except when I took it off, as it restricts air flow a tad, and I couldn't hit as easy. I want a buzz when I smoke, so cutting the nicotine seems to be a minus to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
Sorry for my bad english but.. Does that mean that a plastic diffuser ( this original heba ) can be used forever without it "wearing down" taste as someone said in earlier post?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook