Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Funnel Bowls?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
rowland
Hookah Newbie

Default Funnel Bowls?

can someone tell me what they are supposed to do, how they work, etc.

I am rather new so trying to find out as much as i can.

thanks
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Funnel Bowls?

It's nice to have around and I hope you post regularly as this place has some great people.

Basically, the funnel is intended for you with Tangiers brand shisha although since I don't smoke it I am not sure what makes it so well suited to that brand. For people that don't use Tangiers you really should get the medium funnel with the so called so called scalli-mod which is a pyrex cap that rests in the center of the bowl.

What the funnel does is it keeps wet style shisha more flavourful by keeping all the juices in the bowl rather then running down into your stem. It also heats evenly in my experience meaning that you can extract more flavour from the wetter shisha styles and get a longer smoke.

I love my medium funnel and I use it often although never without the scalli mod.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Hajo pretty much covered it all ... so not much more I can add to what he said.

I personally have a small phunnel, but it broke in half, but I am hoping to dremel it to still be functional. I also have a medium phunnel, but it is too big in my opinion. (Usually it is just me and my girlfriend smoking) I haven't used either one of them in over 3 months, I have been using and getting good quality smoking sessions from the Havana Bowl, MYA Bowl, and a deep Saudi Bowl ... I smoke brands such as Nakhla, Layalina, Al Fakher, Starbuzz, Fusion, etc.
... Hopefully I will get my small phunnel functional again, for when I have larger groups of people over to smoke, it holds more then my Havana and Mya Bowls.

Hope that helps!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well, I smoke alone and I use the medium phunnel bowl. Sometimes with the scali mod and sometimes without. What makes me determine wether or not to use the mod you ask, well amount of shisha and previous experience. Heres the deal, with the scalli mod you use less shisha but it still seems to last. If I only have a little shisha left I will definantly use the mod. If I have had a great smoking experience with a particular brand and flavor I will use the mod for future smokes. Basically its all pretty much in my head I figure but it works for me. I personally love my Phunnel and mod, I use it with and without the mod successfully for all shisha, results of smoking session are definantly enhanced by this purchase.

Billy
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
rowland
Hookah Newbie

Thanks everyone for the help. Ok so i have a decent idea what its used for, any good places to get one. I have seen a few bowls but never seen the scalli mod thingy.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowland
Thanks everyone for the help. Ok so i have a decent idea what its used for, any good places to get one. I have seen a few bowls but never seen the scalli mod thingy.

try mnhookah.com
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:20 AM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

its supposed to be made for tangiers because you have to pack so much of it into a bowl, otherwise it will be harsh as hell. tangiers is touchy, real hard to get right unless you have tried a million different things with it
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:25 AM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-all-day
its supposed to be made for tangiers because you have to pack so much of it into a bowl, otherwise it will be harsh as hell. tangiers is touchy, real hard to get right unless you have tried a million different things with it
you don't need to smoke tangiers out of a funnel.. but now there is also the super chief.. and i guess people are started to use tht for non tangiers
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:27 AM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

Funnel Bowls Are the shit! thats all i smoke out of.... From Starbuzz to Nekhla and everything inbetween.
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:01 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSEAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-all-day
you don't need to smoke tangiers out of a funnel.. but now there is also the super chief.. and i guess people are started to use tht for non tangiers
you dont have to, no. it sounds like its much easier to get the smoke to be enjoyable with the phunnel though
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:13 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

i just ment you can use every type/brand of tobacco in a phunnel. i personally dont even use any of my tangiers bowls anymore becuase i usually dont smoke for more than an hour and a half aif i do then i usually pack a bwl of something different to change things up.. no what i mean?

mya bowls for the winnnn yeah!

Note: Im drunk: so disreguard spelling errors and excessive excitement
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:39 AM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

when that damn phunnel bowl gets here it will most certainly be used for every brand lol. especially for movie sessions when repacking can be quite inconvenient. otherwise yeah, flavor changes are a must during prolonged sessions.

i dont get why the super chief and the phunnel would vary much in results, they are pretty much the same thing except the super chief looks like it would allow more airflow
Old August 26th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I have a small Super Chief and I love it. I haven't used a funnel/phunnel (whatever LOL) because I smoke alone most of the time and smoking over 23 g of shisha is a bit much. It is described as "small" but that bowl can hold 30 g easy if it holds a gram. I load it as loosely as I can and 23g is about the least amount that will work well.

Sorry if this is off topic.
Share with your friends on facebook