Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Problems

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:47 AM
wooten72
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah Problems

First off let start by saying hello to everyone....I just recently have started my hookah experiences...So far, it has been great! This was until the last couple times which I have started to experience some problems... I seem to be drawing tiny pieces of coal in threw the hose... As I inhale I can feel pieces hitting my tounge...Is there something I am doing wrong? Also, I have been using Exotica coals but would like to switch due to them taking so long to light....I have tried some quik lite coals but the ones I have tried leave a nasty taste and almost a "film" like substance in my mouth...And recomendations would be wonderful!! Thanks
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Hookah Problems

that cannot be coal ..... could be little rusty parts from the inside of the hose, hose port ...etc. ... because even if coal falls down the stem, it will sink in water, and would never get inhaled into the hose
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

Yeah, its the hose thats the problem. If its washable, wash it if not I would say buy a new one. Like a Razan or Nammor.
As far as coals go, If you want a good quick lite I would go with CH QL.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

give your hookah a thorough cleaning, and if your hose is not washable, just blow through it a couple of times and it should get rid of any particles
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
reality-
Banned

But blowing through the hose wont stop it from tasting like shit.. I promise you that if you are getting things in ur mouth, that is 99% something with the hose. I'd say the host is falling apart from inside, happend to me many times with non-washable hoses. if u run some water through it you will see that its very distusting water that comes out and even some wood parts thats from the hose..
So to hellw ith cleaning that. Throw that away and get urself a nammor or razor hose and also buy some coal from *************.com . while in there quesction yourself if you have a good hookah, a good bowl to smoke hookah in, good tobacco ..? All those answers can be found in this forum and it is very useful to look some into the other threads and read more..
Good luck. As mroe time you give it in the theory, the better will be in practic
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

There can be only two things that could lead to this, neither is coal or tobacco. Either you have a non-washable hose that is rusting or you have a common chamber hookah.

The only thing you can do is wash out your hookah thoroughly if it it just crap inside it. If it is a common chamber hookah and is rusting unfortunately you need a new hookah because breathing in pieces of rust is not healthy for you.

More than likely it will be your hose, the common hose you get with your hookah is just spiraled metal with a leather or synthetic wrapping around it so if you wash these out eventually the metal inside starts to rust.

If you do buy a new hose and don't want to spend $20 or so just get another cheap hose and DO NOT wash it out.

Another thing you can do if you are handy is just go buy some flexible rubber or plastic hose from home depot and take off your wooden ends of your hose now and glue them on the new hose to the wooden ends. It is very easy to do and only takes about 15 min of work, although make sure the glue is 100% dry and wash it out before you use it, otherwise you will taste the glue.

Just to explain, when I say common chamber it means that the hose stem and the blow off stem share the same area without having individual tubes running down into the vase.

Hope this helps you out and please feel free to message me for detailed instructions to make the hose if needed.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook