Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Heat Problem

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Heat Problem

Been having some heat problems with my Mya Nou Nou. For some reason About 30 minutes into my smoke the smoke becomes harsh and charcol tasting. I have tried many diffrent solutions to solving it but none have really worked. Using extra heavy foil, silver coated coal (forget which brand Ill check when I get home) and usually either Al Fakher or Nahkala shisha. When I finish smoking and Im cleaning up I usually notice the top layer of shisha is usually very burnt, however the bottow is still wet (usually not even black yet looks like it just came out of the package). I use 2 coals at a time most of the time. Being that I smoke outside I also use the wind cover almost the whole time. Im thinking maybe the windcover is creating to much heat. Any suggestions I could try.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via MSN to krampi
Default Re: Heat Problem

I think, u have too much heat. Because of that the top layer of ur shisha burn fast, and thats why later u can only taste harsh smoke. Try to use less heat. One piece of coal with windcover, if it's not enough just add another half. Figure it out, which one works the best for u.
Or u should try to put both coals on ur bowl, when u start smoking, and after a half minute or so, when the smoke begins to come, just get down one of the coals and use only one, with the windcover. Later, when it gets smaller just add the other one too.

Good luck.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hookah Master
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

I agree. Too much heat. If you're using 40 mm qls one should do you fine. Also try and make sure you leave an air pocket between the foil and the shisha (ie: the foil not touching the shisha). Good luck. Hope it helps.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hookah Newbie

Tried using one a few times but wasnt getting much smoke. I will try getting it started with 2 than taking one off. Will be smoking in about 45 mins so well see how it goes. I leave a decent amount of space between foil/shisha but sometimes the foil sags in the middle after a while. Ill also try leaving some more space this time....Thanks for the help. Im sure Ill get it perect sooner or later, I just hate wasting what could be a real good smoke and cut it short.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook