Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Foils Coals

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 4th, 2008, 06:11 AM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

Default Foils Coals

Hello everybody I'm new to forum and ,my questions might appear to be a bit"stupid " i bought a 2apple nakhla and some coals i dont know let me tell you the "brand" or whatever """"Shisha-lite"""" Charcoal tablets etc etc ... MADE IN ENGLAND ^_^ and whatever i just asked the store for coals and they gave me these ...they cost 1,5 euro which means 3-4 $ i want to know that all the coals sold for shisha use are they toxic , i mean are there toxic Shisha coals and non toxic one's? And also about the foil ...does regular food foil worx for the shisha or i need a special one? suggest me coals please and flavors...

p.s sorry if this is the wrong section to post that !

p.s 2 My shisha is diy so i cant expect insane results but it smokes good
Old October 4th, 2008, 07:04 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: Foils Coals

If you want non-toxic coals go for naturals or coconut coals, like coconara or CH coals, and as for foil just double back the regular foil and it should work fine.

Flavour is a matter of opinion someone might love it whereas someone else wont, so just get samples and see what type of flavours you like, and let us now on here, and if someone has the same taste as you then they could recommend some others
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Any coal burning is toxic. Quicklights use a gunpowder to give them a head start lighting. Once they are ashed over and red the toxic effect is the same. If you want coconut, and you live in Europe, go with Cococha or Cocobrico(I believe the names are correct). Since they will be less expensive than importing from the US. As for your DIY shisha, several members use homemade pipes and they work just fine. No need to drop cash for a pipe if you can build a functional one that works. If your Nakhla is dry that may be affecting the smoke level just add some wetting agent if your wanting more cloud.
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

Ok so i suppose foil's non toxic if i double wrap it and for coals to find these coco...ok i will try searching for them thanks then i suppose i wont have any problem just a question more when u say adding something to make nakhla more wet u mean just water to add to the tobacco??...also can i use coals for barbeque? i mean we had for example finished barbeque and barbeque coals left can i use any of these for shisha or i'll die ?? :P
Old October 4th, 2008, 10:12 AM
mr2guy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by giwrgos08 View Post
Ok so i suppose foil's non toxic if i double wrap it and for coals to find these coco...ok i will try searching for them thanks then i suppose i wont have any problem just a question more when u say adding something to make nakhla more wet u mean just water to add to the tobacco??...also can i use coals for barbeque? i mean we had for example finished barbeque and barbeque coals left can i use any of these for shisha or i'll die ?? :P
Yeah, don't use BBQ coals.

You can add glycerin to the shisha to make it wet.
Old October 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

The brand of quick lite coal you're using is fine. I use them everyday, just make sure they are totally lit BEFORE you place them on the bowl. You can tell this by the fact it should be glowing red/yellowish. Good luck!
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Wetting agents are usually honey/molasses/glycerin mixes. You can make them yourself or buy them premixed from shisha shops. What ever you do, do not add just glycerin only as it will start to distort the flavor and leave a aftertaste. Mix glycerin and honey in even amounts if your going to add them. Usually a 1/4 teaspoon mix for a standard bowl amount of tobacco.
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

i've uploaded them to see(brand if you know etc...)and u say lit :S:S what u mean i just light them and the powder flashses them what else :O also what is a bbq coal ? Guyz i need instructions to make the less harmful hookah i mean "healthiest" coals and also i mention again if there is any problem with foil....?I heard kitchen foil has chemicals and no way should i use it...
Attached Thumbnails
img.jpg  

Last edited by giwrgos08; October 4th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
billyy
Hookah Nut

Never tried them, but for QL I use:

http://www.theshishashop.com/shop/sw...iscs-p-46.html
Old October 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
mr2guy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
i've uploaded them to see(brand if you know etc...)and u say lit :S:S what u mean i just light them and the powder flashses them what else :O also what is a bbq coal ? Guyz i need instructions to make the less harmful hookah i mean "healthiest" coals and also i mention again if there is any problem with foil....?I heard kitchen foil has chemicals and no way should i use it...
After you light the coal, let them get ashed over before you smoke with them. This gives time for all the chemicals to burn off.

bbq coals are the coals you would use for cooking on the grill(like Kingsford or something) Don't use them, they will make you really sick.

Kitchen foil is fine. If people use it to cook food, it wouldn't have chemicals.
Old October 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

I hope it is true if i leave the coal to ash (turn gray and then smoke it)the chemicals are going off i hope it works i will follow ur method and i hope its true bro (m2rguy) .Im really afraid of chemicals ....and substance coming from stuff i wouldnt even think about...(foil or coals ...) I hope its true so before starting shisha i will just burn the coal leave it until it turnes a bit gray ash clean it from ash and start it? so i just leave it for 5 minutes or something and then its safe i suppose with your method
Old October 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
axmann
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to axmann

No offense but if you are that concerned about your health and inhaling chemicals you might want to reconsider shisha. Although I believe smoking shisha is less harmful than cigarettes (due to no additives, etc.) you are still inhaling smoke. And you will never get 100% clean burning quicklights (exception CH quicklights), they will always give off a little.

That being said, letting your coals completely ash over before placing them on top of the foil with eliminate virtually all chemical output and household foil is perfectly safe to use with your hookah.

Last edited by axmann; October 4th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old October 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmann View Post
No offense but if you are that concerned about your health and inhaling chemicals you might want to reconsider shisha. Although I believe smoking shisha is less harmful than cigarettes (due to no additives, etc.) you are still inhaling smoke. And you will never get 100% clean burning quicklights (exception CH quicklights), they will always give off a little.

That being said, letting your coals completely ash over before placing them on top of the foil with eliminate virtually all chemical output and household foil is perfectly safe to use with your hookah.
yeah why should i be offended ? I understand what u're saying and u are totally right but life is life its 1 and u have to live every moment .But why not make my sisha healthiest possible ??I'm an athlete and i dont like cigarettes but i like hookah i dont smoke often not very frequent ,rarely do i smoke

So i have 2 ppl saying the ash method is correct I'm waiting more opinions/replies/tips
Old October 4th, 2008, 03:30 PM
reality-
Banned

jut get natural coals.. because of the word... QUICK is never good.. NATURAL is betetr.. compare the words and take a moment to think it over
Old October 4th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

I take back what I said above after seeing the picture. STAY AWAY FROM THIS TYPE OF COALS. THEY EXPLODE!
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:00 PM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

Oh gosh im confused so i suppose i shouldnt even try them and throw them to trash what a pity tobacco store is far away and i cant order online cause im not into online transactions

SAMBOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Give me a solution please!
Old October 5th, 2008, 04:26 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

DONT use those coals i was using one of them before when i was a newb and wanted to start the hookah quickly and they bludy exploded all over my favorite outfit, n now i cant wear it or find it as it was a pressie from abroad

STAY away from them use some decent natural coals, or go to any grocery shop and see if they have coal that says 100% wood etc etc, no added chemicals and der should work fine
Old October 5th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Oh gosh im confused so i suppose i shouldnt even try them and throw them to trash what a pity tobacco store is far away and i cant order online cause im not into online transactions

SAMBOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Give me a solution please!
Where do you live?
Old October 5th, 2008, 05:39 AM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

In Greece in north part of greece macedonia my city is Thessaloniki
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:03 PM
SkylineGTR
Hookah Nut

reality isn't trying to make fun of your country.
If you can't order online, you'll probably be stuck using what your local tobacco store has.
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTR View Post
reality isn't trying to make fun of your country.
If you can't order online, you'll probably be stuck using what your local tobacco store has.
Yes, exactly. No one is belittling you or your country here. Your best bet is to just keep looking around your area for tobacco shops. Maybe you can persuade them into ordering different coals? It will pretty much guarantee them your business. Aside from that, if you can't order online there's nothing else you can do.

Old October 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM
hitterkid3

Hey has anyone tried those pharos, coals?
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitterkid3 View Post
Hey has anyone tried those pharos, coals?
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...roahs#post4411 - the review section is your friend

Old October 5th, 2008, 02:48 PM
giwrgos08
Hookah Newbie

Guyz its ok i just wanted to show im not here to offend or underestimate someone's intelligence. im a newb in the area of hookahs and im definately here to hear tips and learn from the older users to receive/give ideas and opinions .Thats why i got a bit upset but its ok it was just cause i tried to show the excactly opposite. So my main problem is that i live in a suburb and using bus to go downtown but i must try to search for tobacco shops there was a big one only for Hookah's but it closed and opened to a new adress (which i dont know) in that place u could find any coal any sheesha any tobacco ...2 stories full of sheesha staff...and now im only at my local tobacco store which is quite small and has only few tobacco flavours and u have not many choices...Downtown there are lot of tobacco stores with lots of options i just have to search and there is not spare time for that (also the city is huge and its difficult ) Thanks though ....

Last edited by giwrgos08; October 5th, 2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old October 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I edited out the arguing. Can we keep this on topic? Please!
Share with your friends on facebook