Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

setup help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 5th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Roflpocalypse
Hookah Newbie

Exclamation setup help

Alright so I watched sambooka's tutorial on you-tube about how to set up your hookah, just wanted to get that outta the way so I dont get that answer over and over again. Now, with that being said, I have this little 13" hookah, not so high-quality but it is airtight. It came with hookah-hookah brand shisha and nahkla self-lighting coals. Heres my problem. Ive set it up so i had one coal on a single sheet of aluminum foil, burned my shisha. 1/2 peice coal single foil burned shisha. 1/2 coal double foil not burned but no flavor whatsoever. so far I have only smoke hookah well once and that was at a party outside and it was dark so i have no idea how that person set theirs up. i would love the help cause I have watermelon and apple shisha and they both smell way to good to not enjoy smoking.
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter
Default Re: setup help

Try, packing your bowl less and more fluffy. Only fill the bowl to the top of the rim, then just pack it down ever so slightly. Also with the coals, try using one cutting it in half and put them on the out side. Then add or take away coals from there. Try that, and let us know how it works out for you.
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Roflpocalypse
Hookah Newbie

Yeah forgot to mention that i tried that stuff already lol burned my shisha. Im thinking i need to purchase a new bowl cause the one I got with it is tiny.
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Beccapoo
Hookah Newbie

Maybe too much tobacco in the bowl?
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

If your using the dragon bell hookah the bowl is VERY tiny.
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Roflpocalypse
Hookah Newbie

yep thats the one, well dragon ball hookah but its just the vase thats different
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Kman187
Hookah Newbie

Size of the bowl doesent matter that much, odds are the one that came with your shisha is proportionate enough to have good smoking experience, i have several size bowls and i choose them according to the number of ppl smoking with me. 1-3 ppl i will use the small bowl and its diameter is no more than 2 inches. But if u think thats the case a clay bowl is very cheap.

Like Zech Lyter said make sure u bid up ur tobacco well, take off the stems cuz they will cause a harsher taste, fil to the top rim and never press down on ur tobacco. When u begin smoking make sure u move your coal from the outside of the bowl towards the inside in a circular motion. With a small bowl u should move it quite frequentely. ( 5 min )
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

I thought so when you mentioned the bowl. Since I still have that one, never use, I can offer you two pieces of advice. 1)Save up and buy the Sahara Genie, or 2) invest in grommet sets to add to the bowl stem so you can use a slightly larger bowl. That bowl will never work correctly no matter what you try. Not saying it will not work, just not very good. For those who do not know what he is dealing with, the bowl is almost exactly the diameter of a quarter(little less) and as about 1/3" deep. This bowl size does matter, its not even close to being usable.
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Kman187
Hookah Newbie

wow ive never heard/seen a bowl that small...then yes you do have to get a new bowl
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman187 View Post
wow ive never heard/seen a bowl that small...then yes you do have to get a new bowl
Thankfully no one else uses them. They are sold on the Dragon Ball and Dragon Bell hookahs from Sahara/HookahHookah. I am glad that it is not a Sahara brand hookah just an independent brand they happen to carry. I ended up just buying a Sahara Genie instead of trying to work out the bowl issue. Roflpacolypse, just figure out how to use a larger bowl and that pipe should be ok.
Old October 5th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Roflpocalypse
Hookah Newbie

yeah i figured it was cause of that tiny little bowl, although the vase is unstable and what not so ill probably save up for the sahara genie. thanks for the help guys its greatly appreciated.
Old October 6th, 2008, 02:04 AM
satsushi
Hookah Newbie

Depending on how much you are willing to spend I would say invest your money in a tangiers phunnel bowl. Size and shape determining how long you'd like to smoke. You can find them for sale on MNHookah.com and Hookahcompany.com. Range in sizes from small to massive. MNHookah offers phunnel bowls made out of glass which can or not be considered a luxury item with no purpose depending on who you talk to. I say just check out some of the other posts regarding phunnel bowls and see what best suits your needs.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook