Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Reccomended accessories

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Question Reccomended accessories

I am purchasing a Khalil Mamoon hookah because from what ive heard they smoke pretty good, but in order to maximize my hookah experience, what accessories should i also get....for instance...what works better, a phunnel bowl, a vortex bowl, or a regular, because i dont want to waste shisha in the phunnel bowl because i heard its so huge. I also heard that a diffuser is necessary for larger hookahs...im looking at hookahs from 31-38 inches...would it be necessary for one of those? And i definitly want a good cleanable hose, my brothers hookah hose tastes so bad and every once in a while you get some soot from inside it.

thx
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Reccomended accessories

As for a hose, there are Razan, Nammor and KM makes a washable hose(posting link to avoid anyone claiming they don't, and yes it is washable), as for bowls, the new Chinese version phunnels make a small that works nicely with 25gr or less tobacco as does the Vortex. You can use any standard Egyptian, ceramic or porcelain and use less tobacco and less coals. As for diffuser, only if your trying to reduce bubble noise. It's not really necessary.

http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...able-hose.html
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Magikwyrkz4u
Hookah Nut

Here's what I would suggest if you are set on a KM....

1. A Small Phunnel Bowl
2. A Vortex Bowl
3. The diffiuser doesn't fit on a KM from what I have heard...I do know since I do not use one.
4. As far as hoses go... A Razan ......
5. And last but not least....Charcoal from John at ******* Hookah...

And finally, relax and have fun...
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:31 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

The Heba diffuser works. just gotta run hot water over it for about a minute and really jam that sucker on. You could also make your own. There are a few examples in the home made section.

Old October 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

KM makes a washable hose? Oh thank god, nammors/razans work great but they look hideous!!!! (save for the sultan). Life is good right about now =).

As far as the heba diffuser, i've had one. It's alright, but you get a lot of carryover taste from your sessions, it's quite annoying having to wash it inbetween flavors. Then again I'm a lazy guy =)
Old October 5th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Well thanks for all the help everyone....heres what im gonna do..im getting a small chinese phunnel bowl, and im getting the shitty looking washable hose i linked below with a cool hose cover. This is because i dont want to pay for the sultan and from what ive heard, these pull better than a cobra , and theyre very flexible, my bro's old hose was so stiff that it would knock the hookah over sometimes if you move it wrong....and i wont have to worry about getting the fabric handle wet...just soak them in the bath tub....also no diffuser..i can make one if it becomes a problem later on

Hose http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...&idproduct=486

Hose cover http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1048

Steve
Old October 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Absolutely nothing wrong with that hose. Enjoy and good luck!
Old October 6th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Accessories won't matter if you don't have the goods! Get some tobacco and coals!

If you really MUST get some accessories, get a Vortex Bowl and a wide hose like a Nammor. BUT your KM should come with a wide hose. Really you should be all set with what you get in your initial purchase. Concentrate on some coals and good tobacco.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

I'd say the most important accessory to get is a Razan washable hose, or just any washable hose for that matter (But, ya know, Razans are the best, right?! ). Unwashable hoses can realllly become a royal pain in the ass after a few months sometimes, and like you said can leave a bad taste.

Also phunnel bowls are great for longer sessions (2+ hours depending on which size you get, and how many sets of coals you decide using on it) if you plan on smoking long sessions or with friends, or smoking really really wet shisha (because the phunnel doesn't allow the juices to go down the stem as egyptian bowls do). Ultimately though, as Sambooka said, the most important accessories to your hookah is finding a good shisha and coal you enjoy. :P
Old October 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

Really pretty much all has been stated. Vortex/phunnel and a washable hose. If you do plan on getting the washable hose you would want to keep a hot glue gun around. Once in a while a little bit of glue gives here or there and you get a small leak. Nothing that Can't be patched up in less than a minute. The diffuser is a gimmick. And regardless of your setup you are still screwed if your tobacco and coals suck. I recommend AF for tobacco and some natural coals. You loose the convenience of QL's with the naturals but the improvement in flavor is undeniable!
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:03 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

get a windcover if you get a phunnel. it really helps iono how but it does! i guess it keeps the bow heated up real good and you dont need as much coals to begin w/. i didnt think a windcover really help until i bought one. now i use it all the time and i use less coals than before.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook