Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First purchase indecision

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 6th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hossnposs
Hookah Newbie

Default First purchase indecision

So I'm going to be buying my first hooka soon (gotta scrounge up some money, but I like to study quite a bit before I purchase), but I'm stuck between the Mya QT and Bambino.

From what I've seen on youtube, they both produce very nice sized clouds, I see no difference there. The biggest thing is that I like the look of the base on the QT better, and it seems like it might be more practical if I use heavier hoses like the KMs or the Razans and Namoors. But I think that the stem on the Bambino looks gnarly on such a short little hookah, but I'm concerned about it tipping with the heavier hoses.

One thing I'm considerings is going ahead and buying the Bambino and then buy a QT replacement base on hooka-shisha, but I don't know if the opening is compatible with the Bambino stem. If it is, I'm thinkin that would be farkin' awesome.

Anyway, if someone could tell me if the Bambino has issues with tipping (at least more than the QT), and if the bases are interchangeable, that would help a great deal.
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:07 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: First purchase indecision

is there any reason you like the smaller hookahs? the reason i ask is you mention the heavier hose, why not get the heavier hookhas like MZ?KM. Those small ones are great for lugging it around and setting up anywhere but nothing beats a big egyptian
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
is there any reason you like the smaller hookahs? the reason i ask is you mention the heavier hose, why not get the heavier hookhas like MZ?KM. Those small ones are great for lugging it around and setting up anywhere but nothing beats a big egyptian
Except maybe a big Syrian, Lol.
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Big Egyptians for the win...

Get urself a big ass KM from *************.com ..... and thank me later
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hossnposs
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
Glad you asked. I was REALLY thinking about getting a KM, and it will definitely be the next hookah I get in the near future. But here's the thing, one of my friends has little get-togethers with about 5 other people every weekend, and they don't have a hookah, and thats probably where I will get most of my smoking done.

I just read that the Bambino can't fit a second hose though, so that's a major disappointment. Looks like I will probably get a QT since a second hose will be a must.
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Single hose hookahs smoke way better than multiple hoses. I still recommend a big KM
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hossnposs
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Single hose hookahs smoke way better than multiple hoses. I still recommend a big KM

Would one hose work out okay with 4-5 plus myself? I would think that that could get rather hectic.

Edit: I forgot to ask, would a heba diffuser work well enough with such a small hookah?
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Roflpocalypse
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossnposs View Post
Would one hose work out okay with 4-5 plus myself? I would think that that could get rather hectic.

Edit: I forgot to ask, would a heba diffuser work well enough with such a small hookah?
no it wouldn't get hectic thats how me and my buddies smoke all the time.
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:59 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossnposs View Post

Single hose EGYPTIANS/SYRIANS will smoke better then any Mya, be it one or multiple hoses. QT's are relatively cheap, but the bases are very low quality. The stems ons the other hand are of high quality, yet impossible to get perfect clean (the inside is rough). They can be coverted to 2 hoses and will smoke as well as any other Mya hookah. They are easier to set up then larger hookahs, and to carry around, but lack the abilities of a full Traditional (Egyptian, Syrian) setup. For you, a student, who studies quite a bit, and will be carrying this thing around, i would reccomend a QT. You don't REALLY need Nammors or Razans, it's a matter of preference, and you cans also buy 4 nice looking long handle hoses from Nazarhookah for the price of 1 Razan/Nammor, so i don't think hoses should be a problem as you can switch them out. I also would tell you to get a QT because college students tend to not know the etiquette of smoking hookah, and it's almost pointless to even try to teach most of them.

A QT is most definitely going to fit your needs. Bases are easily replaced, if broken. A Phunnel can be used on it. It can be converted into 2 hoses. It's very portable. It's very durable.

A heba will not fit on a QT unfortunately, but they are mostly useless.

Last edited by ZenSilk; October 6th, 2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Internet fart.... DOUBLE POSTED.
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Hossnposs
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Single hose EGYPTIANS/SYRIANS will smoke better then any Mya, be it one or multiple hoses. QT's are relatively cheap, but the bases are very low quality. The stems ons the other hand are of high quality, yet impossible to get perfect clean (the inside is rough). They can be coverted to 2 hoses and will smoke as well as any other Mya hookah. They are easier to set up then larger hookahs, and to carry around, but lack the abilities of a full Traditional (Egyptian, Syrian) setup. For you, a student, who studies quite a bit, and will be carrying this thing around, i would reccomend a QT. You don't REALLY need Nammors or Razans, it's a matter of preference, and you cans also buy 4 nice looking long handle hoses from Nazarhookah for the price of 1 Razan/Nammor, so i don't think hoses should be a problem as you can switch them out. I also would tell you to get a QT because college students tend to not know the etiquette of smoking hookah, and it's almost pointless to even try to teach most of them.

A QT is most definitely going to fit your needs. Bases are easily replaced, if broken. A Phunnel can be used on it. It can be converted into 2 hoses. It's very portable. It's very durable.

A heba will not fit on a QT unfortunately, but they are mostly useless.
Would putting a sander bit attached to a drill press be able to smooth out the inside of the stem well enough do you think?

Also, I'll probably only be transporting the hookah once maybe twice a week. Do you think that I should just go ahead and buy a KM? Having never owned a hookah, I don't really know how much of a hassle it is to move/transport them.
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
axmann
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to axmann

the diffuser isn't really worth it imo.

Having smoked both a tiny multi-hosed hookah (albeit not a mya) and my single hosed 32" MZ Horas there is no comparison in my opinion. i have found larger egyptians to hit much better and single hoses to hit better than multi-hoses.

I have moved my MZ around to parties a couple times and I've had up to 6 people smoking it at once. Even if you have a multi-hoser more than one person cant hit it at the same time or you will get crappy smoke.

In conclusion, I would suggest a KM or an MZ from ******* hookah
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Hossnposs
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmann View Post
the diffuser isn't really worth it imo.

Having smoked both a tiny multi-hosed hookah (albeit not a mya) and my single hosed 32" MZ Horas there is no comparison in my opinion. i have found larger egyptians to hit much better and single hoses to hit better than multi-hoses.

I have moved my MZ around to parties a couple times and I've had up to 6 people smoking it at once. Even if you have a multi-hoser more than one person cant hit it at the same time or you will get crappy smoke.

In conclusion, I would suggest a KM or an MZ from ******* hookah
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I decided to buy cheap pumpkin today ($20), to tide me over until I get my next job or my b-day, whichever comes first. Got everything I want sitting in my basket for when the day comes.
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:26 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

I've owned a small hookah for the better part of 2 years now, and i can definately say that for transporting and for casual smoking... it's beautiful. But smaller hookahs don't even compare to their larger breathren ((i smoke from a 32" KM with a large color matched KM hose)).

But don't get me wrong, i still often bust out the tiny one and give it a throw.

and i regularly smoke with 5+ people with one hookah. we do the hit, hit, hit pass rule so that it doesn't seem to take as long between smoking ((the 3 hits seem to tide you over well enough)).

POST PICS of your new pumpkin and any new hookahs you pick up, we're all eager to see i'm sure.
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Hookah_Ninja
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hookah_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesown View Post
I've owned a small hookah for the better part of 2 years now, and i can definately say that for transporting and for casual smoking... it's beautiful. But smaller hookahs don't even compare to their larger breathren ((i smoke from a 32" KM with a large color matched KM hose)).

But don't get me wrong, i still often bust out the tiny one and give it a throw.

and i regularly smoke with 5+ people with one hookah. we do the hit, hit, hit pass rule so that it doesn't seem to take as long between smoking ((the 3 hits seem to tide you over well enough)).

POST PICS of your new pumpkin and any new hookahs you pick up, we're all eager to see i'm sure.

I totally agree with this, although my 2 hose broke, so i mob my 3 hose around now. =]
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook