Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

2000$ to spend on a new hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Kman187
Hookah Newbie

Default 2000$ to spend on a new hookah

Ok so im pretty excited, i just found out im getting 2000$ in tax return and it seems right to spend it on a new hookah .

I'm obviously looking for the most smoke and flavor from my hookah and after alot of reading and looking up on *************.com I believe that a KM is right for me.

But i've got a few questions first i need to be answered

The bigger the better? will i get more thick clouds with a bigger shisha? and is there a type of KM better than the other?

I'm leaning towards the 36'' pear right now, and curious to know if theres a difference with a 35'' classic? (would want the 41'' but no stock)

There are always atleast 5 ppl at my house so i would def need a bigger bowl.

Which phunnel bowl would go well with a KM or do any phunnel bowls fit well?

Again im looking to maximise my smoking experience, so any suggestions/comments would be greatful!
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: 2000$ to spend on a new hookah

Get a Medium Phunnel bowl for sure! Height does not affect smoke quality for the most part, between 26" and 35" is just the same; the difference form those heights is just pull and warmth of smoke anyway.

All KM's pull the same, they are all designed the same on the inside as well. So they all smoke relatively the same. Small differences in build may affect certain aspects.

I would very highly recommend a KM for you, I would go for any rig you like the look of.
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

It comes down to personal preference. I have a 38" KM and to be honest, it is a little big. It makes cleaning a little tougher.

All KM's will smoke very similar. If I were to buy another KM, I'd shoot for something in the 30-34" range.

For 5 people, a small phunnel bowl will be plenty.
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:18 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharbone View Post
It comes down to personal preference. I have a 38" KM and to be honest, it is a little big. It makes cleaning a little tougher.

All KM's will smoke very similar. If I were to buy another KM, I'd shoot for something in the 30-34" range.

For 5 people, a small phunnel bowl will be plenty.
But there aren't any available at the moment and the design is off in my opinion, they don't smoke as well as the old design. The Medium Phunnel's from Thehookah are older style phunnels. You will change the bowl too much when you just have a small for 5 people as well.
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Kman187
Hookah Newbie

wow thanks for the fast replies! ok so ill def shoot for the 36'' then, cleaning is not a problem for me i have ample room and time.

Will prob go with a medium phunnel, worst comes to worst i can put a mod in it right?
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Yep jsut get a medium phunnel and a mod and use the mod when they is less ppl, i have a small one for me and someone else, and a large one for more then 5 ppl, and i jsut use the mod if i think the shisha aint gonna get used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman187 View Post
wow thanks for the fast replies! ok so ill def shoot for the 36'' then, cleaning is not a problem for me i have ample room and time.

Will prob go with a medium phunnel, worst comes to worst i can put a mod in it right?
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:43 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman187 View Post

Nah no mod. I tried it with my medium phunnel bowl before I traded it off for shisha (still waiting for my package to come in) and it didn't work!. I'm guessing its because the coals are way too far away from the shisha.

Small is the way to go. I have the new one...At first the smoke was a bit off, but then I remembered that I had to tell the bowl heat up :P

It looks different, but smoke is the same. Ah! EXCEPT that the scali mod doesn't fit on it for some reason anymore!

I'd say stay away from the blue/green/black combo..I've been hearing that its the one that is off. Remember, Zen and I are talking about the TANGIERS bowl and NOT the chinese one.

The chinese bowl doesn't have these problems from what I have been hearing
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Kman187
Hookah Newbie

Interesting....ive been hearing mixed reviews on the chinese and tangiers bowl and about their sizes ...i guess a little bit more research is in order
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I would say get a small, if oyu aren't using a Mod. If you are using a <Mod, get a Medium. I preferably use a mod on all my phunnels.
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Mod seems to work great for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Nah no mod. I tried it with my medium phunnel bowl before I traded it off for shisha (still waiting for my package to come in) and it didn't work!. I'm guessing its because the coals are way too far away from the shisha.

Small is the way to go. I have the new one...At first the smoke was a bit off, but then I remembered that I had to tell the bowl heat up :P

It looks different, but smoke is the same. Ah! EXCEPT that the scali mod doesn't fit on it for some reason anymore!

I'd say stay away from the blue/green/black combo..I've been hearing that its the one that is off. Remember, Zen and I are talking about the TANGIERS bowl and NOT the chinese one.

The chinese bowl doesn't have these problems from what I have been hearing
Old October 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
But there aren't any available at the moment and the design is off in my opinion, they don't smoke as well as the old design. The Medium Phunnel's from Thehookah are older style phunnels. You will change the bowl too much when you just have a small for 5 people as well.
i asked eric yesterday. he said batches are hand made so they are all different but he said there should be no change in phunnels from the beginning till now. shrug.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook