Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

For newbies

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 25th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

Default For newbies

Hey guys I've noticed that a smell impression can be the difference in a friend trying hookah with you or not wanting to try it ... i was wondering what flavors if any you use to try to gvie of a good impression to friends that you think will like hookah (by all means i would never force anyone into trying... but i know when some people smell certain flavors they have to try...) Also what brand would you suggest starting anew person on...

I prefer to start a friend thats new to hookah on something like Hookah hookah, because its a cheaper tobacco, and its got some decent flavors that arent too overpowering, and the nic isnt too bad so they wont get sick

A couple of the flavors i use to entice are:
Hookah Hookah - Pina Colada, and strawberry
Al Waha - Orange Cream,
Starbuzz- Chocolate mint

ive noticed that alot of my friends migrate towards these flavors... however i dont like letting them smoke my al waha... i think its way to powerful for most of them since the buzz from alwaha kicks my ass and i smoke like half a pack of cigarrettes a day...
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:36 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Default Re: For newbies

most of the time people will smoke anything out of it with me. We've packed a few sessions with quite a bit of people and no ones ever even noticed a buzz.

I'd say recognizable flavors are good. Anything that tastes like what its supposed to taste like, stuff that smells good too.

Also, quicklights are good. 40mm goldens produce some massive smoke and thats always good for the newbs.
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:45 AM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

starbuzz peach usually grabs a lot of attention since it smells exactly like the peach rings. or just about anything that smells like what it tastes like.

al waha california dream is good, and the strawberry. but the buzz thing is right. i let a rare hookah-er try some with a few others last night and he reminded me of the early days. laying around, sweating profusely, talking about how hot it was in the house, and left short after.

if you can find some grape taru, its really good despite what some people say. the smell is sorta like a grape hard candy, and smells really strong to rope people in with a whiff from across the room lol. takes a minute to get going sometimes, but eventually clouds up pretty thick.
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well, I have 2 flavors for newbie smokers. Hookah Hookah Key Lime Pie and Hookah Hookah Lemonade. Generally I would start with the Lemonade. The last person I had try Hookah for the first time we had lemonade and he bought my hookah from me the very next day!!! LOL

Billy
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:07 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

aL FAKHER golden seal black grape made lots of my friends hookah smokers :P
Old August 26th, 2007, 10:58 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

If I have n00bs over, they usually gravitate towards HH.
Lemonade
Orange
Hazelnut
and
Butterscotch

Strong smelling shisha's that smell similar to what they are supposed to are the most appealing. it seems

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old August 26th, 2007, 04:38 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

i usualyl start people off with tangiers as tahts what i normally have... :P
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

start them all on the cheap shit first so they can take the time to appreaicate the flavors of the more pricey lines of tobacco.
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
ghostofdavid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ghostofdavid Send a message via MSN to ghostofdavid Send a message via Yahoo to ghostofdavid

For newb smokes, I just ask them want they want to smoke. It usually ends up being peach and you can never go wrong with Havana Tropical Peach, Starbuzz Peach, or (not dry)Fumari Peach.
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

If the novice is a pipe or cigar smoker I get out some AF Soft Black (one of the best products ever put out on the market) or some Zaghloul. For everyone else I start out with Al Waha Bahraini flavour or something with vanilla.
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

For beginners, there is really only one choice for me: Al Amir Apple. To me (and to many others) its the best Regular Apple in the business. Al Amir Orange is also better than all other orange tobaccos out there. Those 2 are good choices, I then go into AF Golden Esk, AF Grape, LAyalina Peach, Watermelon, Melon, Raspberry, and Al Waha Orange & Banana.

You guys should really try out Al Amir Apple and Orange. They are seriously the best of the best. I might have to send out some freebies to prove my point, lol.
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

The Apple, is it true apple or Anise/licorice apple? I have been on the lookout for a true apple and have yet to find it. And so far I prefer the Romman Orange to any other I have had, how does it compare? Thanks

Billy
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:17 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

havanna orange is pretty good, haven't gotten the pleasure of al amir orange though. al waha orange cream is pretty good, so is hookah hookah. Only down side with hookah hookah orange though is that it tends to get harsh after a while.
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:02 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
The Apple, is it true apple or Anise/licorice apple? I have been on the lookout for a true apple and have yet to find it. And so far I prefer the Romman Orange to any other I have had, how does it compare? Thanks

Billy
Its a true Apple. Al Amir Apple is fantastic. They have a double (Anise) and a Tripple (Anise/Cherry). They also have a Bahrani Apple, although I have never tried the Bahrani. But Al Amir Apple is a must in anyones household I think.

Never had anything from Romman, I think its a waist of money. However, Al Amir Orange is one of my all time favs.

I don't get why people hate so hard on Al Amir. People claim there isn't enough flavor from it, but to be honest here, I get more flavor out of some of the Al Amir than Layalina and AF. I guess it all depends on each individual flavor and then brand. Alot of people told me Layalina is PACKED with flavor, so I started smoking that and carrying it as well...however, I was disappointed. Flavor isnt in your face or anything, its just as mellow, if not more, than Al Amir.

Here are some must haves from Al Amir:
Apple
Lemon
Orange
Blackberry
Pineapple

These I have found to be all VERY good most of the time. I would at Strawberry, but its too inconsistent.

Old August 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

so far 3 out of the 4 al amirs I've had havent been all that great.

rose was terrible, mocha latte isn't good, and caramel apple smelled like vicks vapor rub.

Bubble gum was the only one I'd think about buying again.

haven't gotten to try any of your recommended flavors though lol.
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:12 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Merk...lol. Your going in the opposite direction of the good stuff.
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Wanna trade a sample of that Apple for a sample of Romman Orange?
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Al Amir is pretty good in that it has decent flavour and plenty of smoke and the price is pretty good. Personally the mango is what I think they do best but i've tried the single apple and a few other flavours. Al Amir is a bit more subtle then some mu'essel so I see why some people are not into it. Obviously my favorite brand as a whole is Afzel but then I like more aggressive flavour if it's something other then treacled tobacco.
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahETC
Merk...lol. Your going in the opposite direction of the good stuff.
I figured lol, ill have to take up some of those recommendations eventually.
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:40 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

upon recieving my shipment yesterday from HC, i would have to say 2 other flavors that seem like they would rope in the nubs pretty quick is starbuzz chocolate mint, since it smells and tastes just like andes chocolates, and fusion orange. it smells strong like a fresh peeled orange with the bag unopened! plus it tastes like orange juice once you light it up.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook