Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Drink and Smoking with the No Necks

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Drink and Smoking with the No Necks

During my last trip one of the things I supposed to do was try to "test the waters" for peddling some casting equipment that the company I work for to the Russians. Basically the Russians are putting big money expanding the ports as their navy has permanent bases in Syria these days.

Anyway, in Tartus I was in this Christian shop that was practically on the water talking to a couple of possible clients I dragged along my mini-rig so I could smoke over lunch and I was the only person in the place with a narghile (everyone else had cigarettes) so I guess I stood out.

While I was finishing up my spiel a bunch of hulking, no neck, bad ass types come in and and since the shop is small and pretty full a few of them grab seats at my table and ordered some bier.

The no necks as it so happened were Russians just off some ship and they were very interested in my rig so I started to explain it to them. After a while we were all smoking, eating and drinking, hearing bad jokes and having a great time. A couple of the guys were really excited about moassel and said they were going to go out and buy all the stuff to get into the hobby. I guess I won over a few converts.

Just one of those crazy but good things that happens every now and then.
Old October 16th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: Drink and Smoking with the No Necks

Thats a pretty cool story! I love introducing people to hookah, its funny how much they open up and relax when they find out how awesome the smoke is.
Old October 16th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

That's a cool story, Hajo. Just when you think "Oh great here comes trouble" and they turn out to be great company and truly interested in the hobby.
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Beccapoo
Hookah Newbie

Kewel story! Me thinks people in general are good... I think it just takes an open mind and to realise that reguardless of their background they just want to have a good life like any of us!!
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

thats soo legit.. i love when i introduce some1 to hookah and of course i have to say yes i only smoke molasses tobacco out of it nuthing else.. but its soo cool bc then you hear the stories like ... "yoo you hear about hookah rob has one you should smoke with him someday its really nice." soo yea i know how ya feel..
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:48 PM
kingboyb
Banned

This is the great thing about hookah. At the very least, everyone is curious about it and those who don't end up picking it up respect it alot more once they are educated about it...
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:59 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

heh, i have no greater joy than introducing people to hookah! everyone loves it after their first try. i finally got my best friend to smoke it and he loves it lol
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

You guys are right that a great thing about narghiles is that they are social by nature. I have to admit that I was more then a little uneasy when I saw those guys as I noticed that they had Spetsnaz and blood type tats and knowing that Russia is past Bolshevism didn't help at first. Funny thing is that they spoke great English and were really good guys with no bullshit about them. Another funny thing is that the local bier was actually decent which totally suprised me.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook