Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

.05 or .5% nicotine?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: .05 or .5% nicotine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninemillimeter View Post
so what mainstream shishas on the market are washed and which are unwashed?
tangiers, nakhla and fantasia iirc (this one ive seen both claims on) but the first 2 are the big names that are unwashed most everything else is or is at least thought of as washed, the only difference really is how much you get hit by the nicotine and also a little bit of flavor but it also is probably as much if not more influenced by type and cut of tobacco

-matt
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:17 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

AF and SB are washed
Nakhla El Basha is washed

Rest of Nakhla is unwashed
Old October 20th, 2008, 01:03 PM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

af golden unwashwed? esk apple seems unwashed- maybe its just me
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

Angry Re: .05 or .5% nicotine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
like zen said it really doesnt matter all that much its not really addicting.. like i smoke cigarettes and that addicting.. i can go weeks with out hookah.. soo really the moral is dont smoke cigarettes and smoke hookah.. =P

This isn't the issue at hand. That isn't why I posted the thread. In fact, I'd prefer a shisha with a higher nicotine content. And yes there is official average ATF measurements for nicotine content in the final product. I know Romman tobac and hookah-hookah (both of which go through the final package and distribution in the US and thus pass standards tests o fthe ATF both measured .5% nic. in the tobac. Sinbad which is based out of San diego has .3% while on the other end of the nicotine spectrum, starbuzz, which is also out of california has just .05%. It doesn't matter whether its a 1 kilo pack or a 10 g bowl, it all still has .5% of the total final product by weight; the gram weight is all relative. to put things in perspective an average cigarette in the US has 1.5% nicotine by weight or 13 mg per cigarette. My main issue is determining how much nicotine is most of the foreign brands with ambiguous and contradicting measurements. Like I said earlier its not a moral issue, I just want to know which brand n flavor have what percent nicotine, and which to trust the label and which not to, despite the 4 mentioned above that we know contain .5, .5, .3, and .05% respectively.
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:48 PM
buddha548
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
This isn't the issue at hand. That isn't why I posted the thread. In fact, I'd prefer a shisha with a higher nicotine content. And yes there is official average ATF measurements for nicotine content in the final product. I know Romman tobac and hookah-hookah (both of which go through the final package and distribution in the US and thus pass standards tests o fthe ATF both measured .5% nic. in the tobac. Sinbad which is based out of San diego has .3% while on the other end of the nicotine spectrum, starbuzz, which is also out of california has just .05%. It doesn't matter whether its a 1 kilo pack or a 10 g bowl, it all still has .5% of the total final product by weight; the gram weight is all relative. to put things in perspective an average cigarette in the US has 1.5% nicotine by weight or 13 mg per cigarette. My main issue is determining how much nicotine is most of the foreign brands with ambiguous and contradicting measurements. Like I said earlier its not a moral issue, I just want to know which brand n flavor have what percent nicotine, and which to trust the label and which not to, despite the 4 mentioned above that we know contain .5, .5, .3, and .05% respectively.

the average cigarette has between .8 and 1.5 mg of nicotine
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:27 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

whoops I was looking at tar content with that 13 mg, my bad.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook