Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Double-headed Bowls

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
thetallest
Hookah Newbie

Default Double-headed Bowls

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with double-headed bowls like this? It seems to me like these would be kind of cumbersome and make heat management difficult,not to mention the chore cleaning something like this would be, but I thought I would ask to if anyone has had experience with one of these.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:23 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: Double-headed Bowls

they're not so great. 99% if not 100% of this forum will tell you to just mix the flavors together and pack them into a single bowl. easier heat management, use less foil and less coals.

Old October 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM
dtread
Hookah Newbie

are the bowls on that the same size as a normal single bowl? i can only imagine that bowl would use double the shisha and double the coals.
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

I've never really seen a need for them myself, a buddy has one. Maybe if you're too lazy to change the bowl out, you can light one coal and smoke a bowl, after thats' burnt out light the other
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:51 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
I've never really seen a need for them myself, a buddy has one. Maybe if you're too lazy to change the bowl out, you can light one coal and smoke a bowl, after thats' burnt out light the other
thats the only thing i could see using it for, just toss a cover on the other one to keep it semi air tight until your ready to use. i could see if being ok if you wanted to mix up stuff or wanted to try a mix but didnt want to waste the whole bowl if it failed and just tried with both then if it was bad decoal the bad part and cover it

but meh, just get a bigger bowl if you need more shisha, and just mix in one bowl

-matt
Old October 25th, 2008, 11:48 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I'm not gonna lie to you, I bought a quad bowl for 5 bucks just to try it.

My experience was to not light them all at once, lest you can stomach that much smoke.

However, you can poke the holes on the bowl you're smoking, then when its cashed moved to bowl number 2 by poking holes, the other bowl when cashed ended up blocking the holes so it wasnt an issue.

BUT, just get a regular bowl...or a tangiers or vortex...but these are just to dick around really.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old October 26th, 2008, 08:21 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

They are ok but not worth the hassle, just mix the flavours and put them in a single bowl
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:38 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Just say no.
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
thetallest
Hookah Newbie

That is pretty much what I thought, I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences that were really good with something like this. I think I'll just stick with my Vortex bowl.
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

it's a novelty item...especially the 4 headed bowls
Old October 26th, 2008, 01:13 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

[FONT=Verdana]Byron hit it pretty well on the money. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Adding to it, it's hard to tell which bowl is burning and which needs a little more heat. It's just commercial bullshit. Plus you will look like the cool guy with your friends, until you start burning and heat management sucks; then you are the jackass.[/FONT]

/root
Old October 26th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

Contrary to what almost everyone here believes about them, I have had great success with them and they are used for purposes not yet mentioned. The main one is that when mixing different shishas its not just the tobacco that mixes its the glycerin, molas., honey etc. Mixing a bowl, say Fumari Guava and brambelberry tangiers would have a large difference in taste then putting the guava in 1 of the bowls and the tangiers in the other bowl. when the smoke mixes at the base of the bowl it has much different taste. Don't believe me, try it. If you don't have a double bowl, light two hookahs with different shisha in each hookah and put a hose from each hookah into your mouth and pull; Then try a bowl mixed.
Old October 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

As for the Quad bowls, unless you have 3 or more people pulling at the same time they aren't too too effective in achieving getting large smoke volumes because of the amount of suction required; however, as someone mentioned before, the quad bowls can be useful in another way (other than achieving different 'smoke mixtures' and not different 'tobacco mixtures' which I mentioned before) and not just as a novelty; like when you're either taking your hookah to the park (and don't want to bring along all your tubs or bags of shisha with you and don't want to smoke the same shisha the whole session, pack each bowl with a different shish and just plug up the other three or two that you aren't using with foil or something similar; also you can play around with plugging up different bowls and trying different combos. Also, it can be used when you are going to have a long smoke session, like after a tough day at work or just if you wanna veg. out and watch a bunch of movies or get all snuggely with your love and dont want to have to get up to pack bowl after bowl (if you like changin it up like me), just rotate the foil pieces and you wont have to interupt your long-term chillin/smoke session.
Old November 8th, 2008, 03:21 AM
saharasmoker
Hookah Newbie

I agree, the double/quad bowls are not for everyone. I got a free one with a purchase from saharasmoke, which was a perk. I have used it a couple times and it's a lot of work for a little reward. I normally stick to the vortex.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook