Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Story: The Bowl that would not die!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 26th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Kalkail
Hookah Nut

Default Story: The Bowl that would not die!

It was a dark and stormy night, the trees were snapping as the sharp unforgiving wind whipped them fore and aft mercilessly, alongside the torrential rains that punished the earth below with nihilistic fervor. I sat looking upon the tumultuous sights and voiced out 'Let's try out that Blue Mist I got' unaware of the perilous pact I was about to forge.

The sacrifical hookah was snatched from the corner it was cowering in, weighted down and filled with frigid water then sealed as swift as can be. Cruelly foregoing the grommet seal a hose was jammed into its only available orifice. The hermetic seal was blithely rent from the package and shisha fell feather light 'round the unyielding metal vortex. Without a moment wasted the shisha was covered, brutally deprived of light save for a scant dusting of breathing holes. So it sat awaiting the implements of torture to be ignited.

Hot coals were turned upon the flames shimmering with searing heat before being placed upon the breathing holes, closing off what little light was afforded. The foil sizzled on contact adding heat to the alchemical ceremony. The hose collected a long pull setting pyretic air whistling though the bowl, heating everything in its path. Ominous bubbling immediately announced the chords of the evening's symphony. The coals, already a febrile red, blazed bright with promise as the inspiration called them to labor. Soon wafts of exhilarant smoke began to spiral from the bowl as the summoning ritual was at last complete. The shisha was alive! ALIVE!

Moments passed that the spoils of the liturgy were enjoyed, 'Minty!' one exclaimed while another extolled the pleasant cloying nature of the berry. Earnestly the cycle continued, the harrowing coals, the anguishing bubbles and the subsequent delectable smoke. As the heat grew unbearable the shisha's fragile mint soon got snuffed out delicate as it was. Quickly, the coals were tempered and once again the seemingly unblemished mint whispered back into the smoke. Time continued to trickle down the hourglass as everyone shared in the sweet if piacular vapor. Unexpectedly the coals gave up their heat and were reduced to fine pale ash, which caused voices round to clamor for more heat, clearly the bowl had more secrets to share and coals are the only way to extract them!

This is when the victim of our scorching ministrations took control. Hours continued to pass, coals were defeated and cast aside, cold and spent. The devotees grew tired, worn by the toils of smoke, and retired, backing away from the bowl that would die. A fourth coal was placed as the clock chimed the third hour of the smoking bowl, A thought struck the mistress of ceremony, perhaps the bowl would hold its secrets after all? Time that was once an asset became a concern as the ritual left but one patron standing. Abruptly, the shisha changed, no more mint and only the weakest threads of berry, at last it was defeated! Or was it?

The coal was removed, the foil pulled back and there lying among the dustings of fine ash and blackened tobacco were still clumps of perfectly moist goodness. Clever shisha was using subterfuge to mask its secrets! There was not a moment to waste, the now willing victim was mashed then diseminated throughout one more time before the coals were placed back upon it. In a thrice it began to smoke fine as can be, uninjured by the scrutiny, content to yield evermore minty berry delights. It would seem the victim was now the transgressor.

Another hour, another coal and the shisha was clearly in charge. Feebly pulling at the hose only yielded swirls of true delicious smoke, the tobacco beginning to sing its secrets now that it was sure victory was at hand. The remaining attendant wavered in her seat, placing one last coal upon the foil in a last ditch attempt at supremacy. The coal blazed, the everliving shisha reveled as the clock chimed into the fifth hour.

In the end the final valiant smoker surrendered, bested by the Blue Mist. The hose was laid to rest, the remaining embers of the coal were snuffed and the bowl was left to its own devices, its secrets never to be fully uncovered. This is penned as a warning to all:

BEWARE THE BOWL THAT DOES NOT DIE!

This is a story about Friday night's Starbuzz Blue Mist bowl that lasted through an entire roll of Akhla coals and well over five hours before I finally had to leave it alone. In the spirit of the season I thought people would get a giggle out of this. Enjoy!
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:49 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Story: The Bowl that would not die!

i got starbuzz wildberry going 2 hours last night and that was after 3 hoours of smoking, i had to stop the madness.

i believe starbuzz lasts forever, you probably only need about 30g of it for a lifetime.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:52 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

great story! i loved the part when you said "a hose was jammed into its only available orifice." LOL
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
MarshyTheKid
Hookah Nut

Haha, thats awesome!

I think that night was the night of the undead shisha. My bowl lasted almost 4 hours and I think 5 coals before I gave up, with untouched shisha still in the bowl.
Old October 26th, 2008, 01:41 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Beats my best. Longest flavorful bowl for me was 4 hours. Tangiers cocoa mixed with a little fusion strawberry.
Old October 26th, 2008, 01:56 PM
thetallest
Hookah Newbie

Ha, great story. I loved your use of adjectives.
Old October 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
xavier
Hookah Nut

great story, wow i love holloween, i've yet to try sb blue mist but will encounter it soon maybe i can put a rest to its menevolent cry of never ending flavor.hahaha
Old October 26th, 2008, 08:41 PM
buddha548
Hookah Nut

wow great story Sb usually last awhile for me never that long
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Thus quoth the shisha: "Nevermore".

Old October 26th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Beccapoo
Hookah Newbie

Beyuteeful!! Snif,(blow in hankie)... it made me cry!!!
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Kalkail
Hookah Nut

I'm glad people got a giggle.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:35 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

lol wow. epic story haha. I had a SIMILAR ((not quite as extravegant)) situation. 2.5 hours of SB Blue Mist before i clapped my hands and said "I"m out" lol.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:40 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

"...a hose was jammed into its only available orifice." - going to out of context
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ya we have gotten some loooooong sessions out of SB at my friends using the standard mya bowl, over half a roll of coals and pushed 3+ hours split in to 2 sessions with a diner break

i usually toss the mod bowl worth of shisha after a round of cocos between being bored and the fact that the bowl isnt too deep but there is usually enough fresh stuff in the bottom to last a good while. when i get some more shisha i think im going to get some more SB, i only have blue myst now which is great but if i smoked it as often as i wanted i would run out pretty fast and then have a bunch of other shisha still sitting here
-matt

Last edited by mattathayde; October 27th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Great story. That sounds like a problem a lot of people here would love to have. Not me I think an hour to an hour and a half is about max for me but I may feel differently when I have one at home. If you have some left do you toss it or put it in its own jar and come back for it later? you know reheat the leftovers.
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:49 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
Great story. That sounds like a problem a lot of people here would love to have. Not me I think an hour to an hour and a half is about max for me but I may feel differently when I have one at home. If you have some left do you toss it or put it in its own jar and come back for it later? you know reheat the leftovers.
when you get your own one you will have many a night of long sessions, maybe not as many as some of us but i know i went from going to the lounge for 1.5-3 hours to smoking 3-4 hours much more often.

as to the left overs, you can reheat a bowl but honestly the lack cost savings and flavor quality is probably not worth it, coming back later that day/evening sure but i wouldnt keep anything other than a phunnel or one of the huge party bowls and i dont even like to keep my phunnel packed

-matt
Old October 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Kalkail
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
When I opened the foil the next day (I had a case of puffus interruptus when the driver for my fishing trip showed up) the bowl was still nice and gooey underneath the top spent layer. The bowl really could have kept going but it did me in.

I never save or reuse shisha. I just clean the bowl out and start fresh. I never pack a lot in so I don't mind if there's a little waste. I am switching to smaller bowls though, since I really don't smoke enough to go through a whole medium bowl myself.
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkail View Post
When I opened the foil the next day (I had a case of puffus interruptus when the driver for my fishing trip showed up) the bowl was still nice and gooey underneath the top spent layer. The bowl really could have kept going but it did me in.

I never save or reuse shisha. I just clean the bowl out and start fresh. I never pack a lot in so I don't mind if there's a little waste. I am switching to smaller bowls though, since I really don't smoke enough to go through a whole medium bowl myself.
Yeah if I do end up with a large bowl I will probably pick up a standard or a small too just cause there might be times where I want 2 or 3 hours but most of the time 1.5 hours will probably be plenty. My wife describes it as this colossus so I may be picking up a cheapo little one for shorter sessions. I didn't figure most people do but I just kind of wondered. Cause it sounds like that bowl could have lasted through a marathon session or like the whole Starwars hexology or at least the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Old October 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

What an awesome and well written story!!! I enjoyed reading this! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I wish my bowls would last that long. then again.. maybe I don't, because i would have been slayed by the 3rd or 4th hour!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old October 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
hookahplayer21
Hookah Nut

Great story, I really enjoyed it. You have a very diverse vocabulary.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook