Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Questionable Experience

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
axmann
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to axmann
Default Questionable Experience

So last night found yours truly at a party for my friend who was visiting from military college. The host of the party was another friend who owns a hookah and he asked me to bring my hookah also which I was more than happy to do. The scene I found was quite disturbing.

Apparently they smoke hookah without foil, use lighter fluid to light quicklight coals (then don't wait for them to ash before placing them directly on the tobacco), fill the base almost completely with water and take as long and hard drags as they physically can without passing out.

Despite my best attempts to educate them on how to properly operate a hookah they continued to make a mockery of it. Then they wondered why the smoke from my hookah tasted a million times better.
Old October 26th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: Questionable Experience

Wow, some people are just so stupid! Their actions could be considered offensive to some by the way they treat and make a mockery of the Narghile. I think I would distance myself from them after I tried to educate them and they continued

Billy
Old October 26th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Weezle89
Hookah Newbie

I haven't ever seen anything that bad, but i do know a few people (my dad's friends) who prefer to smoke without foil, putting the coals directly on tobacco.
Old October 26th, 2008, 05:50 PM
axmann
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to axmann

If i'm not mistaken I believe there are a few types of more traditional shisha where that might be the case but definitely not the af they were smoking.
Old October 26th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It sounds like axmann had the worst shisha get togeather ever. I've not personally dealt with people that stupid when it comes to smoking but I know they exist. Frankly, anyone that is that stupid about smoking even after they have been given sound advice are people i'd want to avoid. People that stupid can't be worth hanging with.
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

Drunks that aren't familiar with hookah are never fun or enjoyable to smoke with in my experience. Having a few drinks WHILE smoking with friends is always relaxing, but I couldn't imagine having a hookah at a big house party...People just assume it's for substances that aren't legal and get all 'well what do you smoke it for?' when you tell them it's not what it's about!

I'm all for spreading my hobby, but I don't try and turn around people that are closed minded to it haha...
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:24 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

you will run into that a lot here in the states, especially in college towns. people just don't pay attention to how the set is actually supposed to be. before i had my first hookah, i would pay attention to every single detail that went into setting up so i had no problem my first time. i'm sure their hookahs also sit in the back of a closet with the water and crap inside the stem still there for months at a time
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Wow.
Well in time they their stupidity will catch up to them or be effecting them before they know it. Toxins from the lighter fluid will build up, damage some organs, and they can one day join the special olympics not knowing how they got there. If they don't want to learn, screw'em. They get whats comming to them.

/root
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Axemann... take an axe to them.. take an axe to them all...
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

BAHHHH thats all i got to say i would have waked them over the head with the stem but thats just my italian temper..
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:01 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Back in India it is traditional to smoke without a foil, but this is usually the traditional tobacco, not the molasses that everyone usually smokes
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Kalkail
Hookah Nut

That experience seems horrible! Seems as simple as a YouTube video could illuminate them. Sorry you had to go through it.
Old October 27th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

Why would you need lighter fluid for quicklights? Stranger people indeed! I mean come on, no one can be that impatient.
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ya i have friends that even pack a decent hookah with QLs that come over and are kind of surprised how much i know about the tobaccos heat wise/packing/etc and the natural coals and all that, but they all say that they like smoking my hookah better than going to even very good lounges or other friends places

-matt
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

perhaps I am overboard but I research every hobby I want to get into before I ever get into it. You have to learn some things by doing but some things are essential to you sticking with it.
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:47 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
perhaps I am overboard but I research every hobby I want to get into before I ever get into it. You have to learn some things by doing but some things are essential to you sticking with it.
no sir you are smart, i do the same thing. and while there are a lot of things i have or still do tinker with i am on forums for almost all my hobbies or interests, and use them at least every once in a while to get info. know what you are getting into is important, like before i got my jeep cherokee i knew to expect specific issues and was able to call what was wrong on it right off the bat.

also that way if you get put into a situation you dont look foolish and/or you impress people with your random trivia (my brother, father, and i are all just full of random info and people look at us like we are crazy but when we have the info they need they are happy so what ever)

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook