Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Combining Orders with Friends/Locals

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Sparky112
Hookah Newbie

Default Combining Orders with Friends/Locals

Do y'all combine orders with your friends, or with other people locally, to save on shipping and other costs, and/or to get access to a broader range of brands?

I ask because I stopped by two of the local shops and each of them had only one brand of shisha, and it was a bit overpriced at both. And it's not like I am in some podunk little town - this is in the capital of New York! I started thinking about placing an Internet order, but because I am looking to buy just a few boxes to try them out, the shipping costs are pretty high. It made me wonder if there are a bunch of people out there in my local area that would all want to place orders together, split shipping, and then reap the benefits of economies of scale.

Does anyone do this currently?
Old October 28th, 2008, 08:57 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: Combining Orders with Friends/Locals

me and all my fellow hookah smokers in my house usually bulk order shisha together a few hudnred dollars at a time.
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

i havent done that but thats a good idea
Old October 28th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

where in newyork you at.. im out on the island..
Old October 28th, 2008, 10:29 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i am the resident hookah master usually, so that means i get all the supplies lol.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Sparky112
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
where in newyork you at.. im out on the island..
Ah, I'm up in Albany, so no dice.

I'm really surprised they don't have more stores here dedicated to hookah supplies. There's three stores that I know of that sell shisha, and all three of them are basically head shops which happen to sell some tobacco as a sideline, so they tend not to be well-stocked. Their main customers are stoners, not hookah smokers. I've got a line on a Middle Eastern grocery store nearby that supposedly sells shisha, but my hopes are not high.

We also don't have any hookah lounges, just a single restaurant where you can smoke out on the patio when it's nice outside (i.e. - not anytime in the next six months).
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Dookiie
Hookah Nut

I do this all the time, the last three times I've ordered actually. I live in Vegas, and there's many shops and lounges to choose from, but the comfort of my own house and/or blends just sounds better. Ordering in bulk with your friends is cheaper and keeps everyone happy in my opinion
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:31 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

to make it more simple, just place the order all with 1 of you guys being the customer and get all shipped to that person's house, you guys divy it up and work out your own finances. the vendor will not even know what you are doing and will be happy for the order. just a reminder, here at hookahpro, there is a great vendors review section. read up and you'll be happy either way, good luck!
Old October 29th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Sparky112
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
to make it more simple, just place the order all with 1 of you guys being the customer and get all shipped to that person's house, you guys divy it up and work out your own finances.
Yeah, that's the kind of "sharing orders" that I meant, like bradedup and Dookiie were talking about - getting a bunch of people together and making a single order so that no one person gets hit with a big shipping cost.

It's just frustrating because the shops here tend to sell just one kind of shisha each, and they don't usually have a big selection. One shop sells only Al Waha, another sells just Pharaohs, and the third sells only four flavors of Rosetta. I want to support local business and avoid shipping costs, but I also want to try a bunch of different brands/flavors.
Old October 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

kind of, me and one of my friends trade stuff when we have stuff we want from each other.

if your trying to try some stuff then just order a lot of 50 grams and some coals and other stuff you need so you can justify the shipping, i love having a love of range around and getting the 50 grams is pretty cost efficient to figure out what you like and give you a huge range
-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook