Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I have a problem! Re: Exoticas and hookah head!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:55 PM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

Default I have a problem! Re: Exoticas and hookah head!

Hey guys, so I'm trying exoticas for the first time this week, as well as my first starbuzz.

Liking both, Really happy with how the exoticas burn and the starbuzz, even in a normal clay bowl, is lasting aaaaages, good smoking for about 2 hours, going through 2 sticks of exoticas!

However, 2 nights in a row now, my sessions have been followed by BIG TIME hookah headaches! First night was starbuzz strawberry daiquiri, session lasted over 2 and a half hours, 2 and a bit sticks of exotica before it burned right down. Great smoke and flavour the whole time. The second night I was smoking with 2 hoses with a few friends. We had a bowl of the SB strawberry for an hour, before repacking with some Al Waha Cola for another hour.

The first night, smoking the SB on my own, made me so sick I was actually WORRIED I wasn't going to be ok....The single most offputting experience I've ever had with shisha. I backed it up the night after and the hookah head wasn't as bad, but still uncomfortable and I know it would've gotten worse if I hadn't stopped right when I did.

I smoke in a big room normally with the windows open (unless I'm trying to blow big rings haha), and I make sure the coals are ashed all over before smoking them. I'd had plenty to eat, lots of water and there wasn't the 'buzz' I've gotten before with some tobaccos...Just a splitting throbbing headache.

My hookah is getting a week off to let me forget how bad it felt, but I want to hear your bad hookah head experiences and what caused them! I've got a near full box of exoticas that I just don't want to smoke...but everyone else seems to have been fine with them!

Sorry for the novel, but it's a big deal for me..for the first time in a long time I have disliked a session!
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: I have a problem! Re: Exoticas and hookah head!

One of the many reasons I quit using SB is that the nasty chemical tastes always made me feel nauseous. I use exoticas all the time and never had an issue beyond the occasional piece falling apart. My guess is that you inhaled too deeply or too quickly which exposed you to too much CO. The possibility is that you didn't fully light the coals. I will say that that 2 hour session is too long so that could be the case as well.
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:45 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

yeah, i wouldnt blame he products as i am an avid SB guy and have used exoticas a couple times... never had any headache problems.
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:33 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i would nly recomend the newst SB flavs as their recipes have changed in the last year or so, for the better!
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:47 AM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

Yeah, well I'm not jumping straight to the products to point a finger because like I said, all the reviews have been 100% positive. All I know is, I try new stuff, I get bad reaction . Oh well, got some of your CH Naturals in the mail and got other shisha to try so I may just have to lay off the starbuzz - Give it a while and try again.
Old October 29th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Hookah head? Is that like road head?
Old October 29th, 2008, 02:07 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift3d View Post
Hookah head? Is that like road head?
lmao... thats funny. brings back some bad memories though... lets just say my ex may have been hitting the hookah too much. made the deed much less enjoyable
Old October 29th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Do you clean your hookah after every session?
Old October 29th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

maybe ur grommet burned? and you inhaled burned plastic
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:04 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

if your smoking for 2 hours straight and havent smoked much before you have a good chance of getting sick. also dont inhale really deeply, take 1/3-1/2 breaths just like your normally breath.

-matt
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

I have smoked cigarettes in the past and smoking shisha alot for the last 6 months.

Hookah was clean before each use and the grommets have browned a little but no melting.

EDIT: Also haven't been taking big hits!
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:23 PM
reality-
Banned

-FliM- ...
let me give you an advice that probably 90% of this forum will disagree on ( for some very strange reason ) .. but listen adn trust me... It WILL work!
You are probably as sensetive as myself.. Also used exoticas coal and also some starbuzz and I got the same way.. UNTIL---- :
I started using something called HEBA nicotine diffuser... u've probably heard of diffusers.. Well this HEBA diffuser is the best that ever happend to my hookah session!seems like nobody knows exactly what it does but check out the review section of this forum and go to "others" and check out "diffuser" and look at my review of a diffuser.. Trust me it will work for your problem..
Old October 29th, 2008, 10:55 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
-FliM- ...
let me give you an advice that probably 90% of this forum will disagree on ( for some very strange reason ) .. but listen adn trust me... It WILL work!
You are probably as sensetive as myself.. Also used exoticas coal and also some starbuzz and I got the same way.. UNTIL---- :
I started using something called HEBA nicotine diffuser... u've probably heard of diffusers.. Well this HEBA diffuser is the best that ever happend to my hookah session!seems like nobody knows exactly what it does but check out the review section of this forum and go to "others" and check out "diffuser" and look at my review of a diffuser.. Trust me it will work for your problem..
i will agree that it is plausible for the diffuser to do that since nicotine is water soluble and more smoke is in contact with water at that point due to the many small bubbles, but i think good smoking practices will give the same result and give you a tolerance so you dont have to worry about it.

just my 2cents
-matt
Old October 29th, 2008, 10:56 PM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
-FliM- ...
My MZ is arriving late this week or early next week so I'll put together a diffuser when I get it - I often smoke while watching movies or tv shows so it's worth a try!

Nice to know it's not ONLY me though, I was sure somebody else had had a negative reaction.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook