Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

this mya qt is pissing me off

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:25 AM
hitterkid3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default this mya qt is pissing me off

Alright i start smokin and it hits great and it tastes awesome, but 20 mins later it starts to hit a little harsh and i dont get why im smokin starbuzz, and i have idk three coals on it, anything im doing wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:44 AM
KillerB's Avatar
KillerB
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,277
Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

when it gets harsh, remove some heat, you are burnign your sheesha

you can do so by moving the coal farther towards the edge of the bowl or by removing it from the bowl completely
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 30th, 2008, 05:49 AM
fashow69's Avatar
fashow69
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 354
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

wow your using pretty much the same shisha and coal setup as I do on my qt but mine doesnt get harsh after 20 mins but if I was you just rotate the coals every so often and blow all the old smoke out and keep it going you should be fine....also how much are you filling your water up to in your QT? Ive found when i played with the water levels that if you dont put enough water in your QT the smoke can get pretty harsh..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 30th, 2008, 08:32 AM
-FliM-
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 149
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

Got nothing to do with the hookah, you're using too much heat on the shisha.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
ZenSilk's Avatar
ZenSilk
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,605
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

It's never the hookah that makes the bowl harsh man..

You have to make sure to move the coals around and ash every once in awhile 20 minutes is a bit too long without moving the coals. Depending on your bowl size, 3 coals is probably too much. 3 coals should really be used on Medium phunnels (or larger) or Egyptian bowls loaded with Nakhla. 3 coconaras is alot of heat so you have to be careful. 3 exoticas is less heat, but when the bottoms go out it will get harsh tasting. 3 QL is way too much heat for any bowl.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:02 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III's Avatar
III_3_TDS_3_III
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CHI-TOWN
Posts: 333
Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashow69 View Post
wow your using pretty much the same shisha and coal setup as I do on my qt but mine doesnt get harsh after 20 mins but if I was you just rotate the coals every so often and blow all the old smoke out and keep it going you should be fine....also how much are you filling your water up to in your QT? Ive found when i played with the water levels that if you dont put enough water in your QT the smoke can get pretty harsh..
i have a question and dont really think its new thread material i really never mess with my air valve or whatever i think when i was younger i did but i just dont fuck with it any more should i be? what does it really do?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
esisomsun's Avatar
esisomsun
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 968
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

its a release valve. if the smoke gets harsh or its just been sitting in the base/stem, you clear it by blowing into ur hoses to let out the smoke thru that valve.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM
kingboyb
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

Some starbuzz flavz get a little tangy sometimes.. what flavor are you smoking when the throat get irritated?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
hitterkid3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Some starbuzz flavz get a little tangy sometimes.. what flavor are you smoking when the throat get irritated?
I was smoking Mango last night, it wasnt as much a harsh feeling, its hard to explain. It's kinda like i was getting too much of the flavor in a sense, like idk, do you get what im saying or no?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
J-Bird13
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

I think I know what you mean. I get this sometimes after smoking for a while. Its not that the smoke is harsh, your throat just wont accept big pulls without coughing. When this happens to me I either take smaller pulls or stop smoking for a few minutes and start again later.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Cnphoto's Avatar
Cnphoto
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 543
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

yeahhh 3 coals is too much i use one or sumtimes 2 on my QTand it does sound like to much heat
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Dookiie's Avatar
Dookiie
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 232
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

Man this makes me sad. I would swear on my QT, as well as all of my friends. They ALLLLLL make fun of me for my Pink and pink hosed hookah. They quickly change their minds after using it.

It did get harsh from time to time when I first got it though. I use 40mm 3-Kings, and put it off to the side so a little bit is hanging off. Then it hits perfect in my opinion. If it does get harsh just let a little out of the blow off valve (really the release valve, but I love cars ) Then you should be good to go, have fun!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Rob416's Avatar
Rob416
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York Long Island
Posts: 2,085
Send a message via AIM to Rob416
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

its a smaller hookah too much heat over packed.. starbuzz is eazy to burn gotta be carful..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:44 AM
fashow69's Avatar
fashow69
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 354
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
It's never the hookah that makes the bowl harsh man..

You have to make sure to move the coals around and ash every once in awhile 20 minutes is a bit too long without moving the coals. Depending on your bowl size, 3 coals is probably too much. 3 coals should really be used on Medium phunnels (or larger) or Egyptian bowls loaded with Nakhla. 3 coconaras is alot of heat so you have to be careful. 3 exoticas is less heat, but when the bottoms go out it will get harsh tasting. 3 QL is way too much heat for any bowl.
I use three qls on my small phunnel all the time, works like a charm!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:20 AM
Binsky
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 49
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

3 coals is just a bad idea. I only use 2 on my KM Frankenstein with a medium bowl, and even that gets too harsh sometimes. It could also be that you are overpacking your bowl, and the shisha is getting burnt
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:42 AM
ToncSTAR's Avatar
ToncSTAR
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 71
Default Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

whoa, 3 coals. i think thats your problem man. if anything, just use 3(or even 2 to heat it up) then remove some until you get good smoke.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:07 AM
Cnphoto's Avatar
Cnphoto
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 543
Talking Re: this mya qt is pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookiie View Post
Man this makes me sad. I would swear on my QT, as well as all of my friends. They ALLLLLL make fun of me for my Pink and pink hosed hookah. They quickly change their minds after using it.

It did get harsh from time to time when I first got it though. I use 40mm 3-Kings, and put it off to the side so a little bit is hanging off. Then it hits perfect in my opinion. If it does get harsh just let a little out of the blow off valve (really the release valve, but I love cars ) Then you should be good to go, have fun!
Haha nah man you got to embrace that little thing
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.