Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bad Night

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 30th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Divine
Hookah Nut

Default Bad Night

Started off smoking Tangiers passionfruit:
38" KM Chiller, had vase / chiller loaded with ice.
3 CH Natural (fully lit) coals
Phunnel Bowl - Circular holes on inner / outter edges.

I've yet to have a good experience with Tangiers Passionfruit (my only flavor ever tried) I smoked it with the three coals on at first, and it was harsh as hell. Leaving a very charry taste in my throat. I took off coals, blew in it a bit and cooled it down, put a single coal back on and attempted to smoke. Still I experienced a very char-like taste, and it was just plain HARSH.

I went to purge the bad smoke and my ball-bearing was stuck so I blew harder and water came out of the top of my hookah, saturated my coals, and left me with quite the mess to clean up.

I decided to continue on. Cleaned up the entire mess, cleaned the hookah, re-lit some natural coals, loaded a new phunnel bowl of AF-Gold Grape. Lovin' the smoke, and only about 3 pulls in I pulled my hookah hose a little too far without realizing and the whole hookah toppled to the floor. FOUR coals were dispersed throughout the air -- in flight towards my computer. Luckily only 2 of the coals hit the carpet, one hit my mouse pad (glass) and the other was a mystery. About 2 minutes later I realized the coal had landed on a CD that just so happened to be under my computer desk. -1 WoW CD, but at least I saved some carpet.

Giving it ANOTHER GO. Hope I can end this night well.

Old October 30th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Vegasdrummer
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Bad Night

Oh boy I have been there before. Almost the same thing happened to me the other night. same hookah, same bowl, only it was AF bubble gum. Left a nice couple of brown squares in my carpet. I guess it looks more "modern" now? I have moved outside for the last few sessions, I am still recovering.
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Vegasdrummer
Hookah Newbie

Oh and tangiers I have found to be a little harsh if you rush it. Start with two coals on the edges to get it going, and than ease in the third one, only if you need it. Did you let it acclimate? How did you pack it?

I guess this could be another discussion.
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
Started off smoking Tangiers passionfruit:
38" KM Chiller, had vase / chiller loaded with ice.
3 CH Natural (fully lit) coals
Phunnel Bowl - Circular holes on inner / outter edges.

I've yet to have a good experience with Tangiers Passionfruit (my only flavor ever tried) I smoked it with the three coals on at first, and it was harsh as hell. Leaving a very charry taste in my throat. I took off coals, blew in it a bit and cooled it down, put a single coal back on and attempted to smoke. Still I experienced a very char-like taste, and it was just plain HARSH.

I went to purge the bad smoke and my ball-bearing was stuck so I blew harder and water came out of the top of my hookah, saturated my coals, and left me with quite the mess to clean up.

I decided to continue on. Cleaned up the entire mess, cleaned the hookah, re-lit some natural coals, loaded a new phunnel bowl of AF-Gold Grape. Lovin' the smoke, and only about 3 pulls in I pulled my hookah hose a little too far without realizing and the whole hookah toppled to the floor. FOUR coals were dispersed throughout the air -- in flight towards my computer. Luckily only 2 of the coals hit the carpet, one hit my mouse pad (glass) and the other was a mystery. About 2 minutes later I realized the coal had landed on a CD that just so happened to be under my computer desk. -1 WoW CD, but at least I saved some carpet.

Giving it ANOTHER GO. Hope I can end this night well.

i remember one night i couldnt get my coals lit and when i did i dropped it and i remember being unbelievably mad i don know what would happen if THAT ever happens to me
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:29 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

how did the night turn out?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook