Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shisha tips

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 31st, 2008, 12:36 PM
McKagan
Hookah Newbie

Default Shisha tips

Yeah, I'm relatively new to hookah, have not smoked much. Especially lately because I'm in the military. But I've got two months left of my service and a weekend of soon, so I think I'm going to order some shisha for when I get back. Can I please get some tips for what to order? I'm looking to buy three 250 gram tubs or something. Can you recommend some flavors that's a "sure thing" ?
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:00 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: Shisha tips

McKagan, thanks for becoming a part of hookahpro, you will get all of those questions answered here by spending some time. There are tons of product reviews, as well as vendor reviews. That will save you a lot of trial and error. Good luck with your new hobby and read the reviews section a bit. Also, tell us about your experiences along the way. This is really a fun community to be a part of, welcome,
John
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:05 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i got 2.5 years left on my contract, and after a 6mile 65lb ruck i figure i can smoke tonight :P. I'll try to summarize on brands.

fumari comes in convenient 100g packs, i find them to give you a good buzz, but the flavor profile is quite powerful, and the bouquet, some can make you cough from just sniffing it (very strong scent).

Starbuzz is very intense in flavor, but tastes somewhat artificial. The flavors wildberry and blue mist are very nice though.

for the egyptians, I'll throw out nakhla, it does the job, always will, and some swear that its the best, I'm not so sure about coming in tubs though.

Tonic is a jordanian brand similar to starbuzz however, it doesnt taste as artificial.

Potion comes in 100g tins with bad coals and some foil, i actually enjoyed the flavor, but sometimes the stuff is washed.
--------------

As for flavors:

Double Apple (or single or triple)
Sweet Melon
--------these 2 are must haves

as for ones to enjoy:

Blueberry
Blue Mist (starbuzz)
Wildberry (starbuzz)
Mango
Prickly Pear (fumari)
Raspberry
Rose
Jasmine (always gives me the best smoke and buzz for some reason)

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:06 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Check out all the shisha reviews. Would be easier to guide you if you told us your likes. Candied flavors? fruits? spice/coffee? Without that your going to get steered in all kinds of wrong directions by a lot of people.
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:21 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

check around in the reviews for some indepth info on each brand/flavor

but in general every hookah smoker should have apple or double apple on hand, its basically the first flavored modern shisha introduced. mint is also a great thing to have (af mint is great, and when mixed just use a little to give any flavor a nice twist)

other than that it just depends what you like. i would stick to simple more plain flavors to start off to get used to setting up and smoking it and dont have to wonder if this is the right taste or thats the right taste as much since its a simple flavor. also i would suggest buying a lot of 50's instead of buying a few 250's just so you have a good selection to try

-matt
Old October 31st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Ummmm why wouldnt you be able to smoke while in the military? Theres a few of us here on active duty and smoke daily.
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

personally, i think starbuzz is the best around. obviously just my opinion. if you want flavor suggestions: citrus mist, blue mist, classic mojito, pumpkin pie

also, fantasia brand pink lemonade is amazing
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:44 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Ummmm why wouldnt you be able to smoke while in the military? Theres a few of us here on active duty and smoke daily.
well i know my coastie friend just doesnt have time since hes on a small boat and out all the time, also if you are in base housing depending how hard ass the CO is you can get in trouble for "drug paraphernalia". some commands get really stuck up and tell their people they cannot smoke hookah and if they are caught they will get in trouble just because they think they are doing something wrong/ to be pricks

-matt
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

get some Tangiers and Nakhla!!
Old October 31st, 2008, 04:49 PM
McKagan
Hookah Newbie

Okay, thanks a million guys! As for the military bit: I'm in one of the platoons that is toughest to get in to, so not only is the security tight here but our lieutenant is a real dick. I've asked him about bringing my hookah and explained that it is not for NHT but he blocks it out I guess
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:11 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

That sux, I been in for 17 years and never had a problem and I currently live in base housing.
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

my unit's sop states that hookahs are not to be used on post. a few assholes use it to do stupid things, and it ruins it for the rest of us.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook