Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What makes the cut?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
RushN24
Hookah Nut

Default What makes the cut?

So has anybody tried running their favorite blend through an herb grinder. Some one suggested this to me I'm guessing his theory is more surface area...more flavor/smoke? But I feel like it might burn quicker, hotter, and harsher (more harsh? IDK whats grammatically correct).

So really does anybody think a finer cut performs better than a larger cut, or vice versa?
Old November 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: What makes the cut?

the general idea is that finer cut shisha is lower quality/cheaper tobacco.

also of times with finer cuts there are more stems in there (which also is thought to be low quality but i think that one is stupid).

fine shisha is harder to pack because it falls though the hole and plugs the holes more easily.

i like larger leafed stuff but not like crazy huge leaves (ive gotten some al waha that had a leaf that when opened up all the way was literally almost 2X2 inch, thats overly big) a lot of the shisha that has larger leafes though the leaves and kinda rolled/folded on them selves, and i find that opening then up gives better flavor, maybe doesn't last as long but we are talking 60 min bowls with some fresh shisha left in the bottom any way.

i dont see any reason you would want to shred your shisha up more, it would probably not improve the smoke, probably make it harder to pull, and make you use a little more since you will be able to fit a little more in the bowl if it is all fine cut

-matt
Old November 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

HookahHookah is cut very finely and it takes heat much better than it used to, but you still have to be careful. Most HH flavors are very pronounced and realistic, and although the clouds aren't Al Fakher, the taste is well worth the very small price

Smaller tobacco does burn faster, and i think taste is more in the way is is prepared (the tobacco mix itself).
Old November 1st, 2008, 03:31 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
HookahHookah is cut very finely and it takes heat much better than it used to, but you still have to be careful. Most HH flavors are very pronounced and realistic, and although the clouds aren't Al Fakher, the taste is well worth the very small price

Smaller tobacco does burn faster, and i think taste is more in the way is is prepared (the tobacco mix itself).
hmmm maybe ive been using to much coal on HH then, i keep getting a really weird taste from it (kinda tobacco but it has something else to it) using 3 cocos on a mod, ill have to give it a go with 2 later

-matt
Old November 1st, 2008, 04:11 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
hmmm maybe ive been using to much coal on HH then, i keep getting a really weird taste from it (kinda tobacco but it has something else to it) using 3 cocos on a mod, ill have to give it a go with 2 later

-matt
Yeah don't expect massive clouds. 3 is too much, I only use 2 with a mod. Sometimes I get lucky with my packing and don't have to even touch the coals for a good 45 minutes. The clouds are lighter then SB and AF, but nothing can compare to the perfection that is Seven Spice.
Old November 1st, 2008, 05:51 PM
kingboyb
Banned

HH's super fine cut is the reason why I basically gave up on tha brand of tobacco all together. I can understand that some brand of tobaccos need more heat management than other, its just not for me.

i suspect that once you run any flavored tobacco down an herb grinder, you'd get an unsmokable paste, and a ruined herb grinder for your troubles.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook