Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Smiley's Tobacco

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Default Smiley's Tobacco

Anybody know where to get ahold of this stuff? I noticed that there is no review thread for this brand, although some people have discussed it here and there...is this stuff still made?
Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
SkylineGTR
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Smiley's Tobacco

The guy is somewhere in Arizona. Haven't heard from him in ages.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
I noticed that there is no review thread for this brand, although some people have discussed it here and there...is this stuff still made?
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57

From what I've heard it is no longer made. His Watermelon was great, his Bubbleberry was absolutely flavorless and swimming in juice. It was overpriced too. I would still like to try his Horchata seeing that Tangiers Lucid version is all cinnamon, no Horchata.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:14 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Smiley stopped making this stuff when he got out the shisha business about two years back. Last I heard he sold his lounge and the buyer kept the name. I also recall hearing that it was possible to buy Smiley's shisha at the lounge only. I don't know of anyone that has bought it since he sold the lounge.

Frankly, I have no interest in that brand for the simple reason that when it was available through NMH it was overpriced and fairly bland. Basically, you aren't missing anything.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Smiley's is here in Tucson from what I have heard, but I have never been there. One of my friends said it reminded him of a meth lab.

I tried calling the number a while ago and it just rang and rang. I don't know if they are still in business or not.

Apparently Smiley's partner started Epic Smoke which is sold in all smoke shops in town.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:35 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Wow.. thanks for the scoop everyone!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
DaGreyEst
Hookah Nut

Actually i went to smiley's about two months ago. was pretty run down. all they sold nothing but fumari and zhagoul mixes. pretty bad experience the set up a filthy glass bowl in a raunchy MZ and topped it with warm water in the base. it seemed that the stem hadnt been cleaned since truman upset dewey, every time i purged a thick black goop ran out of the purge valve. staff didnt seem too knowledgable, they used jap silver tabs but when i asked about other coals (i was playing dumb) he told me that there are coconut material coals. these coals are hard to come buy since in his words "they are made only by one guy in oregon who only makes them once every couple years". on the plus side they did have a good selection of fumari, (i picked up some tropical punch) but it is alittle pricey.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreyEst View Post
Actually i went to smiley's about two months ago. was pretty run down. all they sold nothing but fumari and zhagoul mixes. pretty bad experience the set up a filthy glass bowl in a raunchy MZ and topped it with warm water in the base. it seemed that the stem hadnt been cleaned since truman upset dewey, every time i purged a thick black goop ran out of the purge valve. staff didnt seem too knowledgable, they used jap silver tabs but when i asked about other coals (i was playing dumb) he told me that there are coconut material coals. these coals are hard to come buy since in his words "they are made only by one guy in oregon who only makes them once every couple years". on the plus side they did have a good selection of fumari, (i picked up some tropical punch) but it is alittle pricey.
that sounds absolutely disgusting i would had one drag and left
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreyEst View Post
How much do they sell Fumari for? Where are they located?
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
DaGreyEst
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharbone View Post
How much do they sell Fumari for? Where are they located?
if i am not mistaken i think it was like 8 bucks for 100g they are located near the UA maybe 3 miles from it not too familiar with tucson but i know there were alot of hippies and hippie-ish shops around it

edit ---Smiley's Ultimate Hookah Lounge 519 North Fourth Avenue Tucson Arizona 85705 Phone: 520.882.4853

Last edited by DaGreyEst; November 3rd, 2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

LOL@ truman vs dewey!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook