Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Starting flavors

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Starting flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazon View Post
AF mint, grape, DA
HUGE plus 1! These are must haves in my opinion ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushN24 View Post
Yeah to be honest I've never tried it, I have heard about it and just thought it might be a good way to get access to a wide variety of flavors relatively inexpensively. But Mattathayde is right in that you get what you pay for, so it's up to you really....A cheap smorgasbord or flavors or a few quality flavors...what to do what to do
ya, honestly though the price difference on HH to many of the other ones isnt too much if any different

-matt
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Hookah Hookah
-7 Spice
-Hazelnut
-Atomic Fireball (My FAV!)
-Butterscotch
-Spiced Apple CIder (my blend, they will make it for you maybe, if you ask)
-Snickerdoodle

Are all EXCELLENT flavors! In my opinion

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushN24 View Post
Fezzik, has anyone told you about the Hooka Hookah Shots? You can get a whole bunch of single serving containers of all kinds of different flavors to try, then you can branch off to try the flavors you like with different brands to see if they are any better...
I looked at them and meant to buy some. I was going to get the 10 sampler of the blendoff stuff first but then I may just get some shots instead. Some of the mixes didn't sound too good to me and some my wife wouldn't like and I can't imagine smoking alone very much.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
honestly i am not a big fan of HH, its ok tobacco but just has a weird taste to it from the tobacco. i would rather put the money into other brands, dont get my wrong its not bad just not something i would go out of my way to get at all

and hell ya to the trading BM away, heck if you dont like it let me know and ill trade you samples of a bunch of my stuff for it

-matt
When I get up and running I will probably be utilizing that thread to a great extent. So I am sure I will get a chance to hit you up on that offer.

Eh never hurts to try new things. Some people love it some hate it sounds like it is worth a shot. It is those flavors/brands that no one likes that I want to try and avoid.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
HUGE plus 1! These are must haves in my opinion ...
Killer. You don't think the mint is too strong? Of course if I find that it is I can always mix a little in with my lemon for what I am thinking should be a nice ride.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Nooo the Al Fakher Mint is fantastic by itself! Produces the best clouds out of all the other flavors and brands I have ever had!

Old November 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Hookah Hookah
-7 Spice
-Hazelnut
-Atomic Fireball (My FAV!)
-Butterscotch
-Spiced Apple CIder (my blend, they will make it for you maybe, if you ask)
-Snickerdoodle

Are all EXCELLENT flavors! In my opinion
To be honest Spiced Apple Cider and a couple of others were the main reason I wanted to get the blend off sampler to begin with. I also think industrial fallout sounds like an interesting if not killerly complex bomb of enjoyment.

Atomic fireball sounds like just the thing to entice my Father-in-law to belly up to the bowl. Those are his favorite candy.

Are there any cinnamon flavors that are more like cinnamon toast or cinnamon buns than atomic fireballs. I hear Nakhla cinnamon is a lot like atomic fireballs too.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
I looked at them and meant to buy some. I was going to get the 10 sampler of the blendoff stuff first but then I may just get some shots instead. Some of the mixes didn't sound too good to me and some my wife wouldn't like and I can't imagine smoking alone very much.
im going to be honest with my opinion, dont spend the money on the blend off final ten, the flavors are hit or very miss and they are very complicated. especially since you are pretty new to hookah i suggest staying with single flavors and simple mixes (i.e. 2 shishas of a very simple clean flavor like strawberry lemon, or mint and anything)

-matt
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Nooo the Al Fakher Mint is fantastic by itself! Produces the best clouds out of all the other flavors and brands I have ever had!
Cool I was a little afraid of it cause I heard it was strong but my wife was begging for some mint. I got the Nakhla but will probably pick up about all the same flavors in AF as I did in Nakhla plus a few. I really wanted Coconut and was told that the place I was ordering from didn't have the Nakhla coconut in 50g so it will have to wait.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
im going to be honest with my opinion, dont spend the money on the blend off final ten, the flavors are hit or very miss and they are very complicated. especially since you are pretty new to hookah i suggest staying with single flavors and simple mixes (i.e. 2 shishas of a very simple clean flavor like strawberry lemon, or mint and anything)

-matt
That was actually one of the driving forces to me getting the 50g packs of Nakhla and AF instead right off. There were a few of those blendoff flavors that sounded good but the others just sounded bad to me. There were some that got bounced earlier that I would have loved to try. But I also thought that being new it was more important for me to find some flavors that I dig and that can be kind of stand bys and then get into trying some mixes and things. By then I will get a fairly decent idea of at least the stuff I can easily get my hands on and make internet flavors and purchases more like occasional and special purposes and things like that.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Are there any cinnamon flavors that are more like cinnamon toast or cinnamon buns than atomic fireballs. I hear Nakhla cinnamon is a lot like atomic fireballs too. To repeat from before so it doesn't get lost. I would love a nice cinnamon from my childhood rather than big read. Big read and atomic fireballs are great sometimes but for me some nice buttery subtle goodness that tastes more like cinnamon than concentrated cinnamon candy would be great.

Last edited by Fezzik; November 5th, 2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: clarity
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Cool I was a little afraid of it cause I heard it was strong but my wife was begging for some mint. I got the Nakhla but will probably pick up about all the same flavors in AF as I did in Nakhla plus a few. I really wanted Coconut and was told that the place I was ordering from didn't have the Nakhla coconut in 50g so it will have to wait.
af mint is great, it is pretty minty and i have only mixed with it but it is nice and thick flavor, heavy but i dont think its overly strong, it has enough sweetness to be nice

as to industrial fall out, personally that was one of my lowest rated ones in my list so far (i still need to taste like 4 of them though) jilly's lemonade serenade was ok and sambookahs SAC was alright a little more spiced than apple cider though but they ranked pretty high in my list so far. i honestly like mine (captive cola) probably the best as something to smoke frequently, it wasnt perfect and there are plenty other made flavors i would smoke but i enjoy it and my friends did too so it cant be to bad. but i still want feedback from people on it just to know if i was crazy or if it worked.

as to coconut, its an ok flavor, i havent had the nakhla but i have the AF and its so so, i would mix with it (it mixes wonderfully with SB social smoke though)

-matt
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Atomic Fireball and Nakhla Cinnamon are completely different! but similar, if that makes sense?

Old November 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Atomic Fireball and Nakhla Cinnamon are completely different! but similar, if that makes sense?
Perfect sense.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
af mint is great, it is pretty minty and i have only mixed with it but it is nice and thick flavor, heavy but i dont think its overly strong, it has enough sweetness to be nice

as to industrial fall out, personally that was one of my lowest rated ones in my list so far (i still need to taste like 4 of them though) jilly's lemonade serenade was ok and sambookahs SAC was alright a little more spiced than apple cider though but they ranked pretty high in my list so far. i honestly like mine (captive cola) probably the best as something to smoke frequently, it wasnt perfect and there are plenty other made flavors i would smoke but i enjoy it and my friends did too so it cant be to bad. but i still want feedback from people on it just to know if i was crazy or if it worked.

as to coconut, its an ok flavor, i havent had the nakhla but i have the AF and its so so, i would mix with it (it mixes wonderfully with SB social smoke though)

-matt
Interesting so my wife should be good and happy and from my understanding it will give a nice cooling sensation in my chest cavity. LOL.
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

get multiple flavors in sample sized or 100g size, because if you get one 250g of one flavor, it will be very boring
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Interesting so my wife should be good and happy and from my understanding it will give a nice cooling sensation in my chest cavity. LOL.
ya she should be, and its a decent cooling experience
-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook