Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Your first hookah experience

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik
Default Your first hookah experience

Tell me about the loss of your hookah virginity and what got you hooked on Hookah.
Old November 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Your first hookah experience

My first time smoking hookah was at a friends house about a year and a half ago. I saw he had it and i knew what it was, then one day he lit it up (he was smoking nakhla double apple) and it just smelled so delicious so i had to try it. We burned through about 7 bowls playing halo 2 all that night, and a few months later we drove down to atlantic city boardwalk to get my first hookah. He gave me the rest of his shisha and coals, and well... it's been love ever since (:
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:01 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

my 1st hookah was a 27'' espresso from thehookah.com - i was just getting into hookah/shisha so the espresso caught my eye, it didnt smoke like i thought it would, maybe it was my setup, took a few sessions to get it all down. i then went for a more traditional looking rig (MZ) and thats where im at now.. haha
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

I guess I should have started but I didn't. My wife and I were getting aggravated. We had been going to this one place for a long time and loved the food. Then we were scared it was going to close cause the business looked week. Well we got aggravated when they turned it into a sports bar and made it 21 and up so people could smoke. I am allergic to cigarette smoke so that pissed me off. There wasn't a non smoking section so I was screwed. We waited a while and decided to see how it was going. We couldn't pass up the wonderful hummus there so we went. We saw they had Hookahs and pool tables. Well we were there for over three hours that night and loved it. We got the Hookah with Nakhla Strawberry and I was hooked and she was getting there. Then we tried the Nakhla Double Apple and she shortly after that bought me a 32" for Christmas. Now I have to wait and still go rent one occasionally, but It is hard to try it and not fall in love. Especially if you just luck out and get a really good flavor right off. I am looking forward to breaking this thing in.
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Roflpocalypse
Hookah Newbie

i was at a fire and a buddy got a hookah from a local shop, not sure if it was name brand or what cause it was dark lol. but he had strawberry shisha and it was DELICIOUS. after managing the next mornings hangover I came to the conclusion that i must have this device. so I got this dinky little thing from hookah-hookah and it does not smoke well at all. now im saving up for the shee-cool hookah from john at CH, I looked at it but then SamB reviewed it and loved it
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:17 PM
MarshyTheKid
Hookah Nut

I was on a college band trip and we were taking a day vacation at a beach. That night there were like 3 or 4 different bon fires from our group and one of them they were all smoking some hookah. I decided to try it and so they told me to crouch down, inhale as much as I could then exhale and stand up quickly.
I did and almost passed out from the buzz from the smoke and from standing up.
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Well i knew my sister was doing it with her friend about 2 years ago and just about 6 months ago she took me to a Hookah bar, i never knew how every one got these great hits but me, until i learned how to smoke and just 2-3 weeks ago (after going to the bar a couple of times) i went to my local shop and picked up my first hookah

sadly im on a 5 day leave from my hookah as i have been smoking 2x a day for 5 days straight
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
thetallest
Hookah Newbie

My friends took me to this hookah lounge in Pittsburgh that had been converted from this old stone church. We sat up in the VIP section for a dollar more which was the old choir loft. They all loved rose flavored shisha so that was the first stuff I tried. It wasn't bad but smelled like this rose perfume my great grandmother would wear. It was so relaxing. We sprawled out on some pillows and just talked and smoked for almost three hours. It was a great time.
Old November 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM
MountainDew
Hookah Newbie

I remember my first hookah experience was bad! I don't remember it too throughly because at the time I had a broken leg and my friends wanted me to get out of the house. Well we get the cafe and everything is going great untill I start feeling really sick. Don't know if it was because of my first time smoking anything or because of the pain killers. I probably didn't do it again for another 6 months, but the same results as the first time, really sick feeling. Of course I had tried a variety of home-brew beers, so I chalked it up to that. I didn't smoke again for probably a year. Then I moved into a house with two of my best friends and one of them bought a hookah. 8 months later and three hookahs built, I'm in love. Although I usually only smoke on the weekend because I feel that smoking hookah is a group event and feel awkward only smoking by myself.
Old November 6th, 2008, 08:56 PM
hookahplayer21
Hookah Nut

I learned about it through a friend. I ordered a hookah and the rest is history!
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

This summer. I went back home to San Jose to visit friends & family. One night I was chillin with my buddy at his band's practice studio, and we smoked some SB strawberry mixed with mint, I've been hooked ever since
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:45 PM
joshc
Hookah Newbie

I found out about hookah from an egyptian friend i used to work with. He told me about all of the falvored shisha and it got me really eager to try hookah. Unfortunatly there are no hookah bars near me, so a few weeks ago i ordered a syrain engineer hookah from hookah-shisha. Really like the looks of this hookah. Got some AF 3 250g tubs, double apple, strawberry and grape. It also came with some 50g samples of romann "cinnamon and good times". I have tried every falvor except the good times and have to say i love all of them. Did some research on here and upgraded to a nammor hose. I will be tryin the good times tommorow.
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:57 PM
ElektrikBlack

We've had decoration hoookah's in our house since I was a kid and it was always intriguing...

One night, out with a bunch of friends and we rolled up to a hookah bar that was crowded, so we decided to stand and line and wait...20 minutes later we sat down and asked what flavor we wanted...Waitress recommended double apple so we took it...10 minutes later took my first smoke and coughed for 2-3 minutes and I loved it...Of course I got better after a few attempts and then got buzzed, which was awesome...Ever since I feel like I smell different flavored tobacco everywhere and I'm hooked...
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

December 17, 1985. I was born, as i came out holding a Syrian (of course) Hookah, after yelling at the Doc to get me one, I was finally able to light up a coal and puff away.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
December 17, 1985. I was born, as i came out holding a Syrian (of course) Hookah, after yelling at the Doc to get me one, I was finally able to light up a coal and puff away.
nice!
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:57 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

last year at college there were kids who were out every night smoking hookah and they always asked but i declined every time because it was cross country season. then all my Swedish friends at school had hookahs and they always asked but again i was still in season. so my last days at the school i finally decided to try it so i went to a north park hookah which is ran by the kids at my school and fell in love, and since my running career is over i can smoke all i want
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:37 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

he first time i saw hookah going on, i had drank too much cheap vodka, and i wanted to try it, but i was already feeling queezy and didnt want to try smokign something because i had seen people smoke things for th efirst time before and they vomitted, and i hate vomitting.

A couple weeks later, my frient i took to that party with me decided to buy a hookah, and he fbrought it to my place for one of our routine get togethers. We all drank and smoked. I think it wad AF mint, AF Strawberry and Layalina Orange in different combinations that first night. I had always been opposed to smoking of any sort previous to that, but it just seemed to interesting not to try.

after that night hookah become a part of all of our get togethers.
Old November 7th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
LOL. Reminds me of George Burns. He used to say that he was born very premature and the doctor hated him for some reason. SO he unplugged his incubator. George said that if it hadn't been for his Cigars he would have frozen to death.
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

i was 17 and i went to my friends frat party i was with a bunch of people who i didnt know in a room filled with smoke and by the end of the night we were as close as family and thats why i love the hookah how socially awesome it is
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_3_TDS_3_III View Post
i was 17 and i went to my friends frat party i was with a bunch of people who i didnt know in a room filled with smoke and by the end of the night we were as close as family and thats why i love the hookah how socially awesome it is
It is because of that, that I can see why multi-hose hookahs came about. With the new systems they have for those I am wondering if they are still as limiting as people always said they were.
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
It is because of that, that I can see why multi-hose hookahs came about. With the new systems they have for those I am wondering if they are still as limiting as people always said they were.
i have a 3 hose hookah but i used all three hoses once usually i use only one hose when people come to chill, the one in the story was a four hose however
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Nice. I got a one hose. In all my research before we talked about actually getting one I had been reading how there can be problems with multi-hose units. But I had started reading the ball bearing thing helps. Still KISS right. I figure when I smoke with my in-laws or friends or whatever we will use the plastic mouth pieces otherwise my wife and I will probably just use one or the other of the hoses I have just waiting for christmas. Grrr.
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

haha oh yeah i forgot about your gift that has to be eating away at you right now
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_3_TDS_3_III View Post
haha oh yeah i forgot about your gift that has to be eating away at you right now
Yeah worse and worse every time I pay $8 to smoke. Also I am getting a washable hose and 10 Nakhla samples today. That is going to be eating at me bad. But it is better this way really. It really is a Christmas gift so I really should have to wait for it. Also I really don't like to be surprised with something like that if I know she already has it. I want to know what it is. Now I have to do something that will be exciting for her or I will feel like crap. She has a knack for getting me the perfect gift without spending a lot of money. Last year she got me a nerdy gift that is my favorite photographic equipment. A lux meter. It requires me to do math to get a good exposure but allows me total control as well.
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

honestly, i made sure to get in w/ the hookah bars around town, so i could set it up the way i wanted it, and so they wouldnt charge me 10 bucks for 2 bucks of supplies tops.

as for college, yeah, its cool that people discover it, but for me, and I went to Emory, I heard:

OMG You have a hookah?!!!
+
a) my friend made one at home depot
b) i tried it when i was in Israel, but why are you smoking it
c) like omg, what flavor?! I never did it but I heard its like smoking menthols
d) (censored)

and p.s. I tried it for the first time with my uncles in Syria when I was very little. I came back again when I was still to young to smoke in the US and smoked it, and then about the time I was old enough to smoke one legally here, I brought one back with me, I had to smuggle it cause my father is a lung doctor....

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook