Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Smoke Smell

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 10th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Divine
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Smoke Smell

A good way to make your parents not enjoy you smoking hookah, is to light the quick-light coals in the house. They'll leave a very headache bringing scent in a room for a few hours.

On a similar note, even if you're lighting natural coals... make sure you A) don't do it on a glass stove top, and B) try and do it by a window / vent / fan, even the natural coals tend to leave a not-so-pleasant smell lingering in the air.

If you smoke in the Garage and you have a house heating/air condition system in there, make sure you turn the system off before smoking. (if you don't want the house to smell like it) If you don't, the scent will travel through the vents and make the parents not so happy.

Take it or leave it, but I've been through all of these experiences myself. Figured I would lend a helping hand.
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnphoto View Post
it stays for a short time then goes away, my mom likes it, she said its like incests but less stronger

Smells like incest?
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Divine
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Smells like incest?
Hahaha yeah at first I was like WTF...
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by antouwan View Post
don't worry so much about the lingering smell as the permanent and destructive force of the coals.....take many precautions, my friends and i went so far as to buy a set of 'auxiliary rugs', because after MANY spills, we decided it would be better to blanket the entire area than permanately screw up the carpet. a slight smell hanging out for a couple hours your parents can deal with, permenately screwed up carpet/flooring/furniture your parents will have a much harder time forgiving you for
QFMFT. i burned my roommates carpet, then got a small rug to go under my hookah and the coals now jump over the rug to go to the bigger one. if i had money (or cared enough at this point) i would go by a 4'X4' something to cover the ground. you can even get away with card board if you need to i would just cut a hole so the hookah can sit on a more firm ground below it. all that depends on size of the hookah though, a 12 hookah doesnt necessarily have the potential of throwing coals like a 32+ does, just because they are less distance to fall.

also another good way to avoid coal spills is to take a foil pie plate and use it as/ or under your coal tray

-matt
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Bonestock98
Hookah Newbie

Note taken about the coals, I just redid my carpet so I may have to put my rig on a table(I know you're not supposed to). My parents like the incense I burn from time to time so I'm not worried about the smoke. What coals would you guys suggest then since that seems to be the only real problem I could face?
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:23 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock98 View Post
Note taken about the coals, I just redid my carpet so I may have to put my rig on a table(I know you're not supposed to). My parents like the incense I burn from time to time so I'm not worried about the smoke. What coals would you guys suggest then since that seems to be the only real problem I could face?
honestly most people here dont follow the the traditions hard core, i have mine on the floor out of logic as apposed to tradition but its nice to be following that for me.

as to coals coco naras are the best i have used so far that dont smell and sont break apart unless they are very small (burned about an hour+) but they spark when you blow on them so you will get ash around, the embers burn out before they hit the ground but just fyi. exoticas are ok, they dont spark but them have a habit of breaking apart and they seemed to leave a little charcoal smell around some times, not bad coals but not my choice. i havent gotten to try any of the ******* hookah coals but i have heard a lot of good about them.

if you want to go quick lights (which i suggest against personally) golden coals are supposedly the best but i still get taste from them, but all QLs spark when lighting up pretty much too.

if its not a large table i would suggest still putting something down around it just incase

-matt
Old November 11th, 2008, 12:15 AM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnphoto View Post
AAAAHAAHHAHAHAHAH yeah my iTouch does a shitty job auto-correcting spelling
iTouch, incest, whats going on here?
Old November 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninemillimeter View Post
i dont know if we should even get into it
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM
SkylineGTR
Hookah Nut

Hookah smoke won't last anywhere as long as cigs, cigars, or pipe tobacco. I think that hookah smoke contains larger percentage of vapor which makes the smell less pungent.
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninemillimeter View Post
it learns very quick so if u repeat a word a few times it will automatically choose that word next time ur close..

hmm..

ha ha
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I never smoke indoors when i'm at home because I like the sights and sounds of the night and I don't care how cold it is.

Things is that people that like smoking are probably the wrong people to ask about if the smell of smoke permeates a place. When I still had a family my wife hated the smell of boiling wort when I made ale but to me it was fantastic since i'm a brewer.

My suggstion is that if you start smoking indoors and you want to keep peace with your family buy a bunch of of Force Out Odor Eliminator and an atomizer just to be safe.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook