Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Question about my current KM...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Question about my current KM...

I did a forum search first and I couldn't really find anything on the Chiller.. So here goes;

I bought a 38" KM Chiller about a month back,

I personally love the thing. I think I may have a minor problem though (hopefully minor eh..)

I'll put ice in the chiller, smoke the hookah for a while and it will smoke fine and everything will be legit. On the inside of the chiller at the very bottom where the chiller meets the stem there are a lot of weld marks. This does not strike me as unnatural though because it has to be connected somehow obviously, and I don't really care about the looks on the inside of it. I have; however, noticed that when I place water in the chiller (or y'know after the ice melts) the water seems to go through a very minor hole into the stem. (I've seen it bubble and make noises and the water level drops over time)

If I place water in the chiller while simply holding the stem, (outside of a vase) the water does not trickle out of the bottom of the stem. It seems as if the water is being stored in the SHELL. I can move the stem up and down and hear/feel definite water being stored inside.

My question: Is this how the KM Chiller is supposed to work? Theoretically it doesn't sound like a bad thing as far as smoking is concerned. (cold water contacts the metal and cools down the smoke along the entire stem)

My problem I have with it: I have a thumb-tack sized hole in one of the top fragments of the shell. (it's been there since day 1 unfortunately) I get lame water marks from little drops of water running down the side while I smoke. The water marks tend to collect around the purge valve and the base of the valve that the hose plugs in to.

I'm going to probably have to have somebody weld the little spot for me, where do you guys think I should go? (I don't know how myself)
While having somebody help with welding the little spot, should they re-weld the interior of the Chiller?

Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate your help.

- Chase / Divine

Last edited by Divine; November 10th, 2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old November 10th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Question about my current KM...

This won't affect your smoke, you are right, as there is a separate tube down the middle of the hookah.

BUT, this will rust out the inside of your hookah very quickly, chances are it already is. Now, the outside of KM's is very resistant to rust, but the inside I highly doubt is the same. I am not sure that this will affect anything over-all, because as you stated the shell is just being rusted on the inside, not touching smoke, water, hose ports, anything.

The only problem I could think of is that the water drips down onto the hose port tune (inside the heart) and somehow gets into tube and rusts the inside of it.

I think until your smoke starts tasting absolutely revolting, you are fine, and when it does, just don't use the ice chamber.

And I would try to find the tiny hole and seal it with epoxy or the likes.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook