Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Do you look for something different in small Hookahs than larger ones?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik
Default Do you look for something different in small Hookahs than larger ones?

It has been said that you get a better draw from wider stems and hoses, the longer stems cool the smoke a little better than shorter stems, and other things as far as guidelines for a good smoke from a hookah. I am wondering if you look for something different from a small hookah. Obviously they won't have as wide a stem and the base is smaller the stem is shorter but still many people here love them. Are the parts as interchangeable with the smaller ones as the larger ones? For instance would it be just a matter of getting the right grommet to put a different hose on it or are the parts only interchangeable between the sizes they are? Small Hookahs use small parts only larger ones use larger parts etc.
Old November 11th, 2008, 12:29 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Do you look for something different in small Hookahs than larger ones?

QT's have a bit of a hard time with Nammors, and can barely handle KM hoses most times.

In a small hookah, I only buy Mya. They are sturdy, thick, come apart, and easy to carry around. Most parts on smaller Myas are not interchangeable with Larger ones, like base and stem pieces, yet grommets and hoses are supremely universal.
Old November 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Do you look for something different in small Hookahs than larger ones?

When I bought my Sahara Genie I was looking for several things.
1) Portability, I wanted to be able to bring this to work on the back of a motorcycle and it needed to have a case to carry everything.
2) Must be stainless since it will be used outdoors in all weather. We have a covered area but it's still exposed to the elements during humid/rainy weather.
3) Ease of use. I don't have all day to assemble and disassemble/clean so had to be easy to work with.

These were the things I was looking for in a small hookah. I already knew the draw was not going to be similar to my KM but I upgraded to the Sahara velvet rope hose and it's perfect. Unfortunately I still don't have a pipe for work, this one never made it out of the house. Unfortunately no parts are interchangeable between my small and large hookahas, except the bowls.

Last edited by Kwikwi; November 11th, 2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old November 11th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Crazy. This borderline interests me. I mean I am not sure I will want to pack up my whole hookah and put it in the truck when I am going to my in-laws or friends' houses to smoke. Probably will to start and I may look more at cases than small hookahs but just something to think about.
Old November 11th, 2008, 03:06 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

i have a small hookah which i only really use when i go on trips i know the bowl is interchangable but ive always just used the hose and stem that came with it, i think it would be funny to have a big razan hose on a little 15" hookah
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

I also read a study some where, that no matter how functional it is, if you think its ugly, you wont like it as much. And thats the number 1 cause of buyers remorse.
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

I'd love to read that study.
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:43 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

mmk hold on ill find it
Old November 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Thanks for all the replies on this. SO if you like the look you will like the smoke or just if you think it is ugly you will not like the smoke?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook