Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The JULAM...damn

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM
g1ovann1
Hookah Newbie

Exclamation The JULAM...damn

[FONT=Verdana]As many of you know Iím currently in search of a hookah. I just caught John's (from *************.com) video of his new hookah, the Julam.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]http://www.youtube.com/user/*************[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]This thing looks amazing![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I figured I'd just make a post to start up some discussion about this badass new arrival! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]What you guys think?!?![/FONT]
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:14 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: The JULAM...damn

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...ighlight=julam

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

the vase looks solid and I like the fact that it has a removeable defuser, but the stem appears to be just another flimsey chinese model. The chains and arylicic inlay are abit much for me.
I also doubt it is made in afghanistan considering at this point in time, the only things being produced in Afghanistan are banned substances and shaheeds.
But because John is a friend, I'm inclined to believe him at his word regarding performance.
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:50 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
the vase looks solid and I like the fact that it has a removeable defuser, but the stem appears to be just another flimsey chinese model. The chains and arylicic inlay are abit much for me.
I also doubt it is made in afghanistan considering at this point in time, the only things being produced in Afghanistan are banned substances and shaheeds.
But because John is a friend, I'm inclined to believe him at his word regarding performance.
"shaheeds" lol, you crack me up AR.
Anyways, as an update, I haven't bought this or stocked it yet. I need to work on price. It's a great rig and I was excited and shot the video as soon as I got it. My cost may be along the lines of a KM but I don't think it's as good. But then again MYA's are more expensive and I don't think they are worth it but they do sell as well. The only reason I have been lagging is when I got this there were no KM's in the market, now there are. Timing is everything. I may stock a few but I think the price needs to be right. This shouldn't be $100+ but with the way the economy is going I bet the imprter paid a good price too.
About the color, there are supposed to be blue's and reds and I assume they gave me the yellow as it's a sample.
The glass is just awesome.
I got a message from another fellow vendor (who shall remain nameless) to be careful and protect my rep and use it for a couple of weeks first in case it breaks down.
Again, I think this is a great hookah but the price needs to be right. I'll be back soon regarding this.
Thanks for all of the input.
John
btw, mods, i just realized that as I am typing this, this post may not be in the vendors section and if you need to move my post or have me move it please advise (not trying to beak rules)
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

haha iight john well yes as this "vendor" said try is out for few weeks make sure it treats your right... and if you do get them in and the price is right.. deff expect an order from me.. bc i like the look and the way it looked like it smoked was pretty decent.. even though im a bitch for the syrian, its nice to have variety...
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:01 AM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
I got a message from another fellow vendor (who shall remain nameless) to be careful and protect my rep and use it for a couple of weeks first in case it breaks down.
The heart on mine filled with gunk and rusted something shocking over about 2 months.
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:02 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
haha iight john well yes as this "vendor" said try is out for few weeks make sure it treats your right... and if you do get them in and the price is right.. deff expect an order from me.. bc i like the look and the way it looked like it smoked was pretty decent.. even though im a bitch for the syrian, its nice to have variety...
Amen dude...John if you start to sell these, let me know as well

Also, LOL @ "shaheeds" Abu you are the man
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:54 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FliM- View Post
The heart on mine filled with gunk and rusted something shocking over about 2 months.
you have one of these?
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:30 AM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
you have one of these?
Sorry not the julam..judging by the hose port and purge valve it's of the same manufacture as my first hookah. Which was the one I mentioned - I had thought about it more in my head than I ended up writing down haha.
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:49 AM
reality-
Banned

I have to agree with Abu Ronin.. the stem looks just like the usual chinese stems..
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

The stem looks cheap; although all the extras are very positive. In all, I don't think I would pay more then 40 dollars for that, let alone go in to KM territory.
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
The stem looks cheap; although all the extras are very positive. In all, I don't think I would pay more then 40 dollars for that, let alone go in to KM territory.
you do understand that the raw material glass that is in that is probably at least 10 bucks so after the stem and all the other stuff 40 bucks is probably at or maybe even below the whole sale price

-matt
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
you do understand that the raw material glass that is in that is probably at least 10 bucks so after the stem and all the other stuff 40 bucks is probably at or maybe even below the whole sale price

-matt
I said I would not pay 40 Dollars; not that its worth 40 Dollars or anything.
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Well lets see Cheap or no the aluminum shouldn't rust and is a very durable metal. The common chamber heart I believe it was said doesn't sound like a selling point to me but then I have only recently learned that there is something other than a traditional way to do that. It is supposed to come with a phunnel right so that should help limit the gunk build up I should think. All in all I would say machined or not and cheap or not John I would definitely put it through the ringer before putting it out there. It could end up being another MYA type thing or it could be complete crap. Though it does look pretty cool. It sure seemed to smoke pretty well.
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I think it looks pretty nice but frankly I won't buy an aluminum rig and I am worried about the stem being so light as that generally means it's not very durable.
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Wonder what the effects of a stem that goes so far down is?
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i really dont get why people here hate Aluminum stems, just glad we dont have people that really look into the type of glass that is used on the vases or else we would have arguments over borosillica glass vs soda-lime glass

AL is cheaper yes but it doesnt mean it is a worse material, and frankly you can do more with it more easily and it can be treated to not corrode at all much easier than brass or steel

-matt
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Dookiie
Hookah Nut

How big would you say that beauty is in inches?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook