Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

BioBriquets

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 13th, 2008, 09:13 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default BioBriquets

I found out that my local store sells biobriquets made out of olive pips which as the bag says are dried/burned to dust and then and then pressed hard to a kind of square. I read the bag and found out that they use no chemicals whatsoever and the only thing they have except olive pips is natural binder.

They are really cheap because they are made locally (6 euros for a 5 kilo bag or 4 euros for the 3 kilo bag which is about 9 and 6 dollars respectivly)
The coals need to be broken ento smaller pieces to be used on a hookah but i was able to cut half the bag into perfect sized pieces in less than ten mins.

I lit them up on a butane stove and took about 6 mins to get them fully glowing red ( a bit more than usual than other coal on my butane stove). Usually with any coal when you put your nose above them when they are glowing you get an unpleasant feeling in your nose (it might seem that they are odorless but the feeling in the nose is irritating) which i didnt get with these coals.
I put them on the bowl (4 small pieces ) loaded with havana pipe ( VERY similar to af pipe) and i got smoke from the first puff. WOW. NO TASTE A ALL FROM THE COALS. the only whing i can compare them to is coconara but i still think these are way better. I did not move the coals for 40 minutes and i was getting perfectly smooth and think smoke. At 40-45 mins i had to ash them and got almost another 20 mins use out of them.

these coal are absolutely the best i've tried in 4-5 years of amlost everyday smoking. Im relly excited about them and they are really cheap. I guess am notnna have to stock up...

Concusion: Olive pip BioBriquete = awesome hookah coal.
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:35 AM
mack65401
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: BioBriquets

Can you post some pictures and more information about the manufacturer of the coals? They sure sound interesting, and cheap to boot
________
LATIN GIRL LIVE

Last edited by mack65401; May 5th, 2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Mende
Hookah Nut

Location: Hometown: Severin,Romania| Living in Manchester, UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Mende

It makes sense. Being a hobby blacksmith I can tell you for sure that olive pips have been used for ages as alternative charcoal and they work very well! I encourage everyone to use them as they are ecological and perfectly safe!
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:45 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

i'll take pics when i have some free time but they wont tell you much. The look like any other briquettes.
I can almost guaranty you that the specific manufacturer is big enough to export to the US or even the UK but i guess you could find BioBriquettes form other manufactuers. CocoNara is a well know brand of bioBriquettes made from coconun shells buts they are really expensixve @ 10$ a kill withou shipping when you can get 5Kg of BioBriquettes at the same price.
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mende View Post
It makes sense. Being a hobby blacksmith I can tell you for sure that olive pips have been used for ages as alternative charcoal and they work very well! I encourage everyone to use them as they are ecological and perfectly safe!
I did some blacksmithing about 6 years ago, it is a very enjoyable hobby! I would like to take it up again sometime ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook