Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SMOKE?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 14th, 2008, 02:52 AM
2low2rl
Hookah Newbie

Default HOW OFTEN DO YOU SMOKE?

I SMOKE ATLEAST ONCE A DAY. SHOULD I SLOW DOWN. I CANT HELP IT IM A GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND I WORK FROM HOME. MORE THEN ANYTHING ITS JUST ENTERTAINING. THE SOUND OF THE BUBBLING AND THE SMOKE. I WAS JUST CURIOUS AT THIS RATE HOW LONG TO I HAVE CANCER.LOL. AND IS THIS TO MUCH.
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:07 AM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

Default Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU SMOKE?

How often do you turn caps lock off?

I have a bowl a day or so. Sometimes I don't smoke (today), tomorrow I'll have 2 or 3 bowls.
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:09 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

Really, smoking hooakah isn't THAT bad for you, atleast when compared to cigarette smoke. Personally i try to avoid smoking alone, so i just smoke whenever friends are over and they want to get in on it. Sometimes if i have gone a couple weeks without i will break down and do it on my own.

also, as a side note, you might want to tone down the caps man.... thats a no-no in these parts.
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:54 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Just ask Dunkel ...I smoke at least 3 times a day, never anything less. Sometimes I smoke like a freight train, exceeding 5 bowls in one day, but mainly it's at least 3 bowls a day. I asked this same question when I was new here, "How much is too much" ya know...I got results from some peeps who say they sometimes exceed 10 bowls a day, now that's hardcore! I think you're doing just fine man. Don't smoke yourself sick though (once again, just ask Dunkel ) and take it easy with your smokes, take your time, and you'll be set. Salaam!
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM
RushN24
Hookah Nut

here you go man

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7458
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM
reality-
Banned

we just had this thread like first "how often you smoke" and then how many bowls in a road/on a day uve smoked for most..
Maybe we should have some kind of sticked saying
"SEARCH FIRST BEFORE MAKING NEW THREAD"
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Ekove
Hookah Nut

Honestly from the way you talk, the caps, the asking of the probably most asked question in a new topic and asking about how long you get cancer is just making me feel you're under 18.

Too much? I don't know, depends on your body, there are 3 main factors, how healthy you are in other fields (are you overweight etc..), do you have a weak body or any kind of lung problems and finally how common is cancer in your family. These factors will determine how risky it is for you, but it's risky anyway so if you're that concerned maybe you shouldn't be smoking.

Having said that, Shisha is less harmful than cigars/cigarettes.
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM
reality-
Banned

I must agree that capslock is internet-launguage for SHOUTING and should not be for normal conversations ..
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:12 AM
jpos832
Hookah Nut

unfortunatly i havent smoked in at least a month or two..
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
we just had this thread like first "how often you smoke" and then how many bowls in a road/on a day uve smoked for most..
Maybe we should have some kind of sticked saying
"SEARCH FIRST BEFORE MAKING NEW THREAD"
haha your never going to give up
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:00 AM
NinjaRider
Hookah Newbie

why so angry with the caps lock? haha

I smoke about a bowl a day, usually while doing some homework
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:29 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_3_TDS_3_III View Post
haha your never going to give up
No you are wrong.. I will give up some day if it will continiue like that.. new threads over and over again from people joining the forum not even looking through what the last 5 posts were and making a new thread right away about a simple questcion that has been answered over and over and over again...
All other forums Ive been on in the past regarding different subjects have always have the "SEARCH before POST" policy and now I know why...

Hope it changes.. Soon..
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

oh no i completely agree with you these posts get old, but i just laughed because every time i see a familiar thread by a newbie i know reality will be on it tellin em whatsup
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:45 AM
reality-
Banned

I feel like a old nagging lady... But no really.. The quality of the forum will go down if it has no rules.. Im not saying it shall have rules like "u do not do this u get banned and u do that u get warning" but like.. the unwritten rules is not known by everyone.. but a unwritten rule in forums ( most times written as I mentioned ) is to at least when u join a forum, check it out.. read other threads and maybe make a search or two.. So u know what the forum is about, like dont post in the hookah discussion section and asking for help in world of warcraft or something like that.. That is obvious to most of us but it should be as obvious to look before posting new threads... and maybe not type with capslock only.......
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

I think that newbies are one of the driving factors in forums. Without a bunch of newbies coming in resurrecting old stuff and bringing up stuff that has been discussed to death we would run out of stuff to talk about eventually. Also the different wordings sometimes bring up things the old posts did not. But really forums like this are a place to learn and gather. If it were real life and someone new came into the hookah circle you would have to answer all the same questions all over again every time. Also as knowledge increases the complexity of the questions increases as well. A newbie will ask the general questions maybe broad stroke questions like what kind of hookah is the best, what is the best brand of tobacco, where can I find a hose, how do you clean a hookah. You know basic stuff. Stuff that seems simple enough to them cause how many brands of hookah tobacco can their be. Most stores around here only carry two or three brands so before I came here I might have assumed there were three brands. I know to the old guard newbies are a nuisance and rehashing is a pain in the butt. However, sometimes if you don't know the keywords you can't find anything with a search. So you post. Also sometimes it is nice just to get some discussion. This is a fun place but you know sometimes it gets quiet.

Oh and by the way I currently only smoke about twice a month or so.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:19 PM
reality-
Banned

I understand your point fezzik ánd eys of course its no problem asking what people think of this and that and yes newbies is important to have in a forum community.. but in the long run u cannot have same questcions like in this case within a week it is 3 new threads on how many bowls u smoke.. all our discussions we have are in this archive here and some of the threads are great and have great discussions and others not.. so for a newbie its best to look through the forum a bit before posting since maybe he will not even get the same answer as the last guy did a month ago cus everyone has not energy to answer same good answers over and over again..

I think someway its kind of lack of respect to just jump into a forum, register your nick and first thing you do is jump into the forum and ask right away a quesction.. This is a community as well, u read some u write some.. U can just write some as well but I think you in that case should at least have read some before..

Last edited by reality-; November 14th, 2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Oh yeah. In my opinion you should always read about the first few pages or so before making a post. Usually it is good to run through a few of your questions in the search and maybe zombie a few threads. But for the most part if it isn't on the first three pages or so it is probably already forgotten. Though we have had a disproportionate amount of how much smoke do you pump through your lungs. Sheesh. That is about nuts.

If you just write and never respond then I don't think that counts as being active. Sure you may start some fires but if you aren't there to fan any flames then what good does it do. You are right though. There really have been a few too many that would have been easy to look up if you really had a question about something

Last edited by Fezzik; November 14th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:41 PM
2low2rl
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
Honestly from the way you talk, the caps, the asking of the probably most asked question in a new topic and asking about how long you get cancer is just making me feel you're under 18.

Too much? I don't know, depends on your body, there are 3 main factors, how healthy you are in other fields (are you overweight etc..), do you have a weak body or any kind of lung problems and finally how common is cancer in your family. These factors will determine how risky it is for you, but it's risky anyway so if you're that concerned maybe you shouldn't be smoking.

Having said that, Shisha is less harmful than cigars/cigarettes.
first off im 22 second i you'll look back i was joking about the cancer thing. i was more curious about how often other people smoke.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

There are two ways to answer this posters question, either answer it and tell them how often or answer them and politely tell them this thread exists already and do a search. If people insist on treating all new forum members who do not know like idiots and answering them with malice then this forum will, I repeat WILL eventually die off. To the original poster, this thread exists in several forms.
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

To answer the OP's question. It really is up to you. There is no such thing as safe smoke. All of it contains some hazardous material. There are ways to get more or less nicotine, and more or less tar, and more or less other particulates, or more or less smoke. All of those things present their own health risks and there isn't a smoking method out there that is free of all of them. Some take longer to clear your lungs some never do. If you are really concerned about your level of risk talk to a doctor. He will tell you don't smoke anything but I am sure he has access to several studies and can present all the facts. The truth is when you decide to smoke anything you are also deciding to take on the risk factors that it brings with it. it really is a scary thing to think I chose to take on the possibility of lung cancer, mouth cancer, heart disease, and other problems that smoking has been tied to. I think if you really research it the results and effects of smoking are fairly unknown. Mostly because just about anything you read will either exaggerate to the point of demonizing or downplay to the point of ignoring the real risks that do exist. Should you slow down from a bowl a day. Probably it definitely takes longer than a day for you to recover from the last bowl you smoked but that is up to you and really has a lot more to do with several individual traits than anything we can comment on.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
There are two ways to answer this posters question, either answer it and tell them how often or answer them and politely tell them this thread exists already and do a search. If people insist on treating all new forum members who do not know like idiots and answering them with malice then this forum will, I repeat WILL eventually die off. To the original poster, this thread exists in several forms.
agreed we are hookah pro a loving and welcoming community, however about the whole research thing it does get old, but it seems its something we will have to live with
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife

The answer to that is smoke as long as you feel comfortable. I personally cant smoke more than once or twice a week and I like to save it for special occassions instead of making it a daily habit, but then again I also smoke cigarettes.

The second part of your question, whether you were serious or not, does not have a good answer. Smoking anything is dangerous, much like drinking alcohol, over time you will increase your chances of diseases.

Its not really in my best interest to say this as a retailer, but smoking like all other adult activites comes with consequences that hookah smokers must expect and come to terms with.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mike
Hookah Life
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

LETS SEE MAYBE 2X A WEEK. AND DID YOU KNOW THER ARE 4 OTHER POST JUST LIKE THIS

AND ANOTHER THING IS THAT USING CAPS LOCK IS LIKE YELLING!
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
reality-
Banned

yeah we jsut said all those things and now he knows.. So lets jsut ignore this thread and let it die out or something.. =D
or just wait a week until next one and we can have a fresh start. this thread has gone overboard MAYDAY MAYDAY
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

It is the Admin and Mods job to handle this sort of thing if needed. Getting mad or talking down to new members is neither acceptable or welcome here. If a member needs to let a new poster know that the question's been asked many times before or recently, then it should be handled as Kwikwi handled it. We have plenty of rules here and we enforce those rules. If this hostility and disrespect to new members continues I can guarantee the rules regarding that will be enforced.
Share with your friends on facebook