Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

al fakher help?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Default Re: al fakher help?

Honestly I'm with Nima (-reality) on this one. Like I say pretty much the only time I have had a harsh smoke of Al Fakher was with the Fruit Cocktail. I have had the same deal with Watermelon but that was before acclimation...yes it needed acclimation. Everybody know Al Fakher is one of my favourites, even the new cut I can smoke fine. Never had a harsh session of Grape or Golden Strawberry, and I go through that stuff like a fire through dry leaves . But yeah I'd say the two flavours you're gonna wanna watch closely is Fruit Cocktail and Watermelon, just from my personal experience.

Also, just to clarify what Sambooka said above, that is a damn good point! I used to say Al Fakher Caffe Latte was too strong to smoke and whine and cry about it until I figured out to use less heat LOL. I know you may be thinking "N00b!" but hey, check your setup and take it easy with that fire power
Old November 15th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Murkmastur
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Murkmastur Send a message via Yahoo to Murkmastur

Our friend AF is still slipping, even under proper care. I do however think that buying the 50 gram packs is better than buying most 250 gram tubs. I don't know why, it might just be me, but does anyone else think that a lot of AF flavors taste better from the 50 gram packs?
Old November 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM
czerwonymike
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkmastur View Post
Our friend AF is still slipping, even under proper care. I do however think that buying the 50 gram packs is better than buying most 250 gram tubs. I don't know why, it might just be me, but does anyone else think that a lot of AF flavors taste better from the 50 gram packs?
yea all of the weird, mixy flavors like fruit cocktail are better in the small packs, but the solid single flavors like peach and watermelon i think are better in the tubs.
Old November 15th, 2008, 05:09 PM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

The only problem I have ever had with AF was with their cinnamon flavor. Mostly sticks and rocks and really dry and flavorless. Their double apple is awesome!!

I also agree with the 2007 batches of shisha not being the best. Everything I have had that was made in 2008 has been fantastic.
Old November 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
RushN24
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
OK, I am gonna jump in .. if it is getting harsh, it is most likely that you have to much heat or are overpacking your bowl. Try using less tobacco or less heat, or both!?

I have only come across one tobacco/flavor that was harsh tasting to me, with proper heat management. and that was Layalina Mangosteen.

I am not saying if it is the AF or not, but in my experience it may be your heat management and packing of your bowl. So take a look at those before you go and get all disappointed in AF.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
yes.. and that really goes for the most of you AF-Haters ... DOnt blame AF when many times it might be your own mistakes..
I agree with these guys. I have only been smoking a little while now but I have never had a problem with harsh smoke as long as you work the coals when the tobacco gets finicky. People have said Starbuzz is difficult and AF is harsh but I have a few of each and they all work fine if you give them what they want; sometimes its more heat sometimes less. Also definitely watch how you pack your bowl this is important because you could be packing it too full and scorching the top.

P.S. AF grape is one of the best flavors IMO.
Old November 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

yep, and hell with heat management i flip my cocos 2 times in an 80 min session and get great smoke form af. i have noticed if i dont smoke from the bowl as often it can get harsh though, noticed when i was on the phone and ended up letting the hookah just chill for like 10-15 mins at a time by the time i got off the phone and went to smoke my regular pace it was kinda harsh and not tasty but what ever, moved the coals and it got ok

-matt
Old November 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
DaGreyEst
Hookah Nut

i had the same problems as mentioned above. its not so much a "harshness" and it is definately not burning. just when taking a draw you have a bad tickle in your throat that makes you cough out all the smoke. i tried a myriad of solutions from heat management, packing, hole patterns, cleaning, hoses, and bowls. i ended up just selling about three kilos of af and buying something else.
Old November 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
RushN24
Hookah Nut

I'm not sure if your smoking it right it should "tickle" to the point where you "cough like nobody's business".
Old November 15th, 2008, 11:21 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

when you get the cough take a drink of something and you will be fine, that should kick it right out

what i noticed also with a lot of AF is that as its starting up it can taste like dish soap until it gets going
-matt
Old November 16th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

ok so thanx for all the help. ive realized that the smoke itself isn't "harsh" but that it tickles my throat ALOT. so ive taken some advice and packed the bowl in tighter and let the shisha air out for a bit. i tried the watermelon again yesterday and it was amazing. no tickle or anything. so thanx to all of you that gave advice and i greatly appreciate it
Old November 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM
aznfamous
Hookah Nut

I use to have an issue with AF and I am pretty sure it was heat management. I use to smoke with 3 CH Nats/qls. I reduced it to 2 and designed my air holes to provide some relief for the tobacco. At this point I use my AF as a filler when I mix it with Nakhla. It makes it taste and milk so much better.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook