Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

what got u started???

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 1st, 2008, 12:18 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default Re: what got u started???

I'm relatively new to this hobby but I was first introduced to this hobby freshman year in college. A friend of mine had one and he'd go smoke with other guys we knew, I really didn't smoke before hand so at first I really wasn't interested. Then one night I decided to give it a shot, and I fell in love with it. Then about eight monthes ago I finally realized going to the hookah lounge by me adds up over time so I decided to buy my own and it's been bliss ever since...
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:55 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

well its a weird story i was up in a tree.. and i slipped down off the branch. hitting my head on the way down numerous times.. i woke up and pow i said hey ima go get me a hookah! ... i dont know every1 seems to have intersting stories but me..
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:14 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I was raised in the Middle East and in that city there are more htan 40 hookah bars. Does it make sense?
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:53 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

+3 on the mom hugging

Well, i used to go to the pool hall pretty often when i first turned 18 ((you had to be 18 to get in past like 9 or so)) and there were hookahs there... i had no idea what it was but my friends insisted. being a brass player, i naturally got twice as much smoke as the rest of them and thought it was cool ((I was stupid lol)). Then i met one pool hall owner who has been smoking 20 odd years ((lebanese descent)) and he showed me how to ENJOY hookah.. not just smoke it. I've bought 2 from him ((the first one being lit as of now)) and 2 more KM's from a hookah only shop.
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

lol when i was told "Dude i swear this smoke tastes like strawberries" which I didn't believe until i tried. the rest is history.
Old December 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

me and some friends met up at this coffee shop which had hookahs and we split 2 of them and then proceeded in going back to there apartments for some drinks and well after a solid 7 hours of drinking and being up all night we decided to go and buy everything we needed to smoke hookahs. Man the ones at the shop were awesome. our first one by our selves sucked so badly it was terrible. Im surprised anyone kept smoking them at our place they were just awful. and now ive been smokin for 3 years and mine are way better than the local shops.
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Fyrebourne
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Fyrebourne Send a message via Yahoo to Fyrebourne Send a message via Skype™ to Fyrebourne

I had a couple of friend say they were getting hookah themselves. I started looking up hookahs at that time. I had seen them previously, and thought that they were for opium. NOW i find out they are really for tobacco! *slaps forehead* well I just ordered an Egyptian hookah. The Flavor selection is SO amazing I just HAD to get one. Besides Hookahs are works of art too!
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:43 AM
SishaSteve
Hookah Newbie

I quit cigarette smoking about 3.5 years ago, and I've been looking for a way to occasionally enjoy smoking without the major health factors tied to the high temperature burning of plant material.

A few months back I was hanging out with my Arabic engineering buddies when they pulled me into a cafe that served hookah, I had a bowl of lemon w/ mint,fell in love with it, contacted hookah John, and now I smoke it a couple times a week.
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

my friend got a hookah in birthday present then i bought one
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:27 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Hookah lounges in Egypt are like hot dog stands and burger joints in the US (in terms of popularity and availability) ... ironically, I was out with a Yemeni friend ten years ago and he was smoking so I tried it and started smoking since then
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM
iSmokeHookah
Hookah Newbie

I went to a party once and a friend of mine brought out his hookah. At the time I had no idea what it was and it really looked illegal lol. He told me it was just a hookah and showed me the shisha. We smoked and drank the whole night. After that I have been hooked ever since.
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Gunslinger09
Hookah Nut

Sambooka's videos on youtube got me started I had never even seen a hookah but seen his vids on accident and now im hooked. I know have a goal to try an educatate people in my little small town what its all about.
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

I really didnt have any people who smoked hookah that I knew of. and I'm not any middle eastern decent I really never heard of it.. my friends and I heard of a hookah bar around my area and we were like hey what the heck lets check this out... went in got and bought coconut flavor. lol it was good. but then this and that i bought a small little pumpkin hookah... then i went and got the crane hookah... then after some hookah lounge experiances i opened a lounge for myself because I thought there was somethings that could be better and more variety etc etc.
Old March 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to AbusiveNapkin

My friend took me to a former local 16+ herbal lounge, had some mint and I was hooked.
Old March 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Inthemtns
Hookah Newbie

Smoked hookah at my friends house once and a while for like a year...then I really got into it when we went to one of the local shops and I saw how much cool stuff they had...and more than 1 flavor! lol.
Old March 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM
zephyr39
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to zephyr39

A bunch of my friends and I decided to go to a hookah bar one night and i loved it, bought one of my own and have loved it ever since.
Old March 15th, 2009, 04:18 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

went to a furry convention years ago and someone had one at a room party, thought it was something illegal, found it was not, tried it, bought one the next day, life changed forever
Old March 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

Saudi Arabian diplomat got me hooked on it lol. Weird story, might hit up a hookah bar wit him tonight.
Old March 15th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Spiller
Hookah Nut

Some girls told me about hookah, never heard it before.
So next year i went to a new school and made some new friends who had one and
tried it out one night being intoxicated and it felt so awesome,
few months went by when i bought a little egyptian and then the fairytale began.
Old March 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
hhhsu
Hookah Nut

Went to a Hookah Bar with my college friends and was hooked from the very first puff.
Old March 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
PiNKL0VE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to PiNKL0VE Send a message via Yahoo to PiNKL0VE

My first visit to a hookah bar was when I was 17, gotta love San Antonio lounges they never card. I went with a bunch of friends after a party & they ordered a skittle flavored shisha I really enjoyed it. I didn't go back to another lounge for I wanna sy 8 months. I bought my first hookh in July of 08 and its been glorious ever since. I'm planning on retired Snow White & getting a new one sometime this month.
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:07 PM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

About 2 years ago my friends had gotten into it and I came along to a local lounge. Before that I had told myself I wouldn't smoke, but it was just so good when i tried it. I've been pretty much hooked every since. I got my first hookah for christmas after my dad came back from Dubai and i've been learning and adding to it. I've had the urge to get a new one, because I don't even know what kind I have.
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Alex83rd
Hookah Newbie

My brother went to India on a business trip a few months ago and asked me what he wanted me to bring back. Of course I said a hookah. He brought me one with coals and 2 flavors, double apple and vanilla. Not knowing how to set it up properly, I did a quick youtube search and dozens of Sambooka's videos popped up. The rest is history.
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM
c000weee
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to c000weee Send a message via Yahoo to c000weee

Got bored in Tampa when I lived there with a few roommates and went to a local lounge. Been hooked after that bowl of X On The Beach.
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:07 PM
BrandName_Tears
Hookah Newbie

My first experience with hookah was my senior year in high school. A buddy brought me to his place to try some hookah, I didn't know what he was talking about. We stopped at a shop and picked up some AF mint, and headed back to his place. Once we hot there and I saw the hookah, I knew I had seen them before and had been interested in them. Once I tried it, I was hooked. Been smoking ever since. Five years strong haha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook