Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

what got u started???

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 15th, 2009, 10:36 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25
Default Re: what got u started???

migas3007 took me to a hookah bar. He explained how much he liked it.. I didn't really know what to think of it. I just smoked away, lol. Then we started going at least once every week, got tired of paying, bought our own and SHAZAM. awesome-ness.
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:18 PM
ErickSaint
Hookah Nut

My story is similar to the others. It's something I had been interested in, so we headed out the one of the local lounges. Found we were going there quite a bit and it's expensive. Ordered a junk chinese, before finding HP, used it a few times and was disappointed with the experience. Went back to the lounge a few more times, then in February I was laid off from my job. Thats when I decided to spend the money and buy an MZ because, I will now be hanging out at home alot more often. So might as well spend a few bucks on something I enjoy.
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Whiskers
Hookah Newbie

I started when I was in High School. My friends and I would go to the hookah bars and spend way to much money renting them. So I went in on one with my buddy. Ever since then I can't pull myself away from it. It's been my one vice through out my life.
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:07 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Friend came to my house one day and set it up. I was like you better not be lighting a **** in my house but he said it was shisha and I looked it up on google and saw no harm and it was legal so I joined him and sweet melon was the flavor so it was very sweet and I enjoyed it. Then I went out and bought a KM...

Now I run a hookah lounge
Old March 16th, 2009, 01:40 AM
rwdftw
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to rwdftw

lol watching sambooka vids.
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Codeman

A friend of mine studying Egyptology in college came back from a trip with a hookah and some tobacco - bought in Egypt. She had me and my gf (now wife) over to try it. The next year, my wife got me one for xmas - and that was 8 years ago now
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

a good 2-3 years ago when i was in high school, under 18 at the time, my brother brought one home. Never really thought much about it because i only saw it once, then one day i found it in his room and found a instruction how to thing on it, i set it up and then went online and looked at how to pack it ect and light coal. Lol, so my brother comes home to his 16 year old bro (me) sitting there with a hookah watching a movie. But after that first time i smoked it, i got hooked on it all summer long. Then he took it back to school...two years later i turned 18 and felt this overwheling feeling of independence and i bought some snus and then remembered about hookahs. So i joined the forums and did research on hookahs and bought myself a syrian. Now i feel that i have mastered the packing technique for multiple variations and brands/bowls. I am proud to be a Hookah smoker.
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

My sister brought her Lebanese hookah home one day and had us try it. She had some unknown brand strawberry shisha in there and we all pretty much enjoyed it (until we got sick of the sweetness an hour after). I got myself an el-cheapo chinese rig last December, enjoyed it as much as one can enjoy chinese crap then found Sambooka's videos, then HP, etc etc
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:20 AM
hotepiphany22
Hookah Newbie

I actually went to a hookah bar with a bunch of friends after a club meeting one time... Granted, I was a bit apprehensive, but once I started, I really began to understand just how fun it was - and I'm going again next week!

I'm even thinking of ordering a hookah for my birthday... I guess it's because I like it so much - too bad they're not allowed on my campus though - and the hookah lounge I go to is 30 minutes away, but the distance is worth it!
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

I was on ebay one day looking for pipes and seen Hookah pipes. I thought what the hell is that.When I seen it and I thought ****,untill I started researching the history and found out about flavored shisha .Right then and there I knew I had to try it. I picked one up on ebay.The only problem was the shisha that came with it was herbal.Good for starters,then I found Hookha Pro info info info. Now I have 3 hookahs and an assortment of shisha,mostly nakhla.