Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

little or no smoke

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 18th, 2008, 07:52 AM
ernest101
Hookah Newbie

Default little or no smoke

guys, real super newbie here, just got my hookah yesterday, i have watched hookahpro's tutorial video in youtube so i assume i have some form of foundation on setting up a hookah, mines a real tiny one and i use easy light charcoals, and i am having a problem, sometimes there isn't smoke or its very little smoke and i know its not normal, please do help me guys
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: little or no smoke

Check all the grommets for air leaks, check to make sure the purge valve is working properly, check the hose for leaks as well. If all those things check out then get a new hookah! LOL
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:08 AM
taipa
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest101 View Post
guys, real super newbie here, just got my hookah yesterday, i have watched hookahpro's tutorial video in youtube so i assume i have some form of foundation on setting up a hookah, mines a real tiny one and i use easy light charcoals, and i am having a problem, sometimes there isn't smoke or its very little smoke and i know its not normal, please do help me guys
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7509

Do a find on the page for SMOKE, your answer is about half way down
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

got pictures of your setup?
Old November 18th, 2008, 09:06 AM
ernest101
Hookah Newbie

woot problem solved, i checked for leakage and clog and there wasn't any, apparently my dumb ass friend told me half a coal will do, and i checked the FAQ taipa sent to me, its now working well! awesome form of smoking! thanks guys!! the smoke now is really nice and thick
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hossnposs
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
woot problem solved, i checked for leakage and clog and there wasn't any, apparently my dumb ass friend told me half a coal will do, and i checked the FAQ taipa sent to me, its now working well! awesome form of smoking! thanks guys!! the smoke now is really nice and thick
That would do it
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
HookahGuru
Hookah Nut

Cool thing to do is

take off your bowl and place your finger over the stem opening then inhale. You should not get any air flow. If you do something is loose.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

That was going to be my first suggestion, more coal but not too much. Read up on heat management.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
UXK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UXK Send a message via Yahoo to UXK

rather than starting another newbie thread ill just post in this one haha.

i set up my pipe for my first time last night and everything was going fine. had a little trouble getting the coals started since we were trying to use a lighter but eventually made the trek in to use the stove with jap easy-lites. we started smoking and were getting real nice clouds even for smoking outside and having a slight breeze. only problem i had was a weak flavor. i was smoking laylina kiwi-strawberry and im not sure if that brand just has a weak flavor in general. it wasnt a harsh taste as if the tobacco was burning but i just was expecting more flavor.

tl;dr
weak flavor, laylina strawberry-kiwi, newbie error perhaps?
Old November 23rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by UXK View Post

i set up my pipe for my first time last night and everything was going fine. had a little trouble getting the coals started since we were trying to use a lighter but eventually made the trek in to use the stove with jap easy-lites. we started smoking and were getting real nice clouds even for smoking outside and having a slight breeze. only problem i had was a weak flavor. i was smoking laylina kiwi-strawberry and im not sure if that brand just has a weak flavor in general. it wasnt a harsh taste as if the tobacco was burning but i just was expecting more flavor.

tl;dr
it might be the flavor but id reccomend investing in a phunnel bowl or a vortex bowl. if you want flavor then thatll definetly give it to ya
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:

tl;dr

if it was the first time u set up the hookah...u might want to wash it out....and air your hose for a while to avoid getting the "new hose taste" and just make sure ur hookah is clean before u use it.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
prince of hooka
Hookah Nut

Quote:
i had that problem once with a small hookah. check inside the pressure valve there is suppose to be a small metal ball wich blocks the air from coming in. that could be the one of the reasons why and also check for leaks in the the hookah
________
Pregnant cumshot

Last edited by prince of hooka; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
UXK
Hookah Newbie

once i get some funds in my pocket ill try and pick one of those up. thanks for the help.

i might pick up some SB from my local store because i know the last time i smoked that it had nice flavor.

i picked up my hookah off a friend so it was used before but cleaning it may have not been a bad idea even though he said he cleaned it haha. i think its the hose mostly because i remember blowing through it and had my finger at the other end and my finger was starting to turn black.

Last edited by UXK; November 23rd, 2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:31 AM
ernest101
Hookah Newbie

Quote:

tl;dr
currently i am having the same problem too, i can hardly taste my al-fakher coffee with my hookah, i use a pumpkin hookah btw, and i have brown stains in my hose(apparently i washed it but i doubt its rust since i bought it less than 2 weeks ago) and its a non washable hose...
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

Quote:
(apparently i washed it but i doubt its rust since i bought it less than 2 weeks ago) and its a non washable hose...
aww brah.. only wash a washable hose.. =(
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:56 AM
ernest101
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninorey123 View Post
aww brah.. only wash a washable hose.. =(
i know =( a stupid newbie mistake by me, right now i am getting a phunnel bowl(sadly it arrives on december) and a new washable al-fakher hose
Old November 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
UXK
Hookah Newbie

I stopped by a really nice hookah shop today and picked me up some SB strawberry. Me and a friend smoked a straight bowl and while there was more taste it wasnt as good as it could get. i think im burning the tobacco. we mixed SB strawberry with laylina banana. if it was a stronger banana it would have been a tasty combo.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook