Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

looking for a new hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 31st, 2007, 05:09 PM
rowland
Hookah Newbie

Default looking for a new hookah

Ok i am on the hunt for a new pipe. I need something with at least 3 hose. The one i have in mind is this one

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...&idproduct=158

A ice torrent, anyone know if they are any good?

The points of interest to me are;
A) multi hosed (with check values)
B) Ice chamber (Not a huge + but dont hurt)
C) carrying case. This is a big draw for me because this will be my camping with friends hookah.
D) Large (30") i just want something larger and more impressive.

What do you think, or you got any others that might fit the bill.

I would love the tall Al Fakher pipe, but it lacks the multi hose and case which are my largest concern.

thanks gang.

Love this place!
Old August 31st, 2007, 06:28 PM
ioannisds
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: looking for a new hookah

I'm not going to try to steer you away from a multi-hose hookah, as I understand you want one for camping with friends, but let me just say I have never liked them as much as a good single-hose machine. I will try and help you based on your criteria:

a) Like I said, I have never been a fan of multi-hosers, check valve systems or no. Without check valves, it always seems like someone is trying to take a hit at the same time as someone else, so timing can be an issue. You'd think it would be no big deal, but I have seen it happen countless times. With check valves, the draw is always tighter (I have never smoked out of an auto-seal system that didn't pull a little tight), and I have heard countless stories of auto-seal systems getting gunked up/rusted/just plain stuck for whatever reason. I would go so far as to say that if you must have a multi-hose machine, get one without check-valves, and buy some flip caps like these for people to use when they're not smoking:

http://www.socialsmokehookah.com/ite...iece--FLIPCAPS

b) I would avoid an ice-chamber. Every hookah I've smoked with one on it did not cool down the smoke significantly, if at all. Plus they are messy, are prone to leak, and are just one more thing you have to clean at the end of the day. The concept seems like it should work, but it never has for me, so I dunno.

c) Do not let a carrying case be a make or break item for choosing a hookah. Carrying cases are dirt cheap. Anything that comes with a hookah like you describe is going to be just a cheap, generic, padded duffel-bag type case. Find a hookah you like, and if it comes with a case, great. If not, buy a case like this and call it a day:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1072

d) I think something in that size range would be fine.

That being said, I have always really liked Social Smoke's Egyptians, and they have at least a couple 3-hose setups on their site:

www.socialsmokehookah.com
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:16 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

I've got an ice chamber on my rotator. It doesn't work all that well unless you shave the ice before hand. Even then, you'd want to make sure you cooled the base, added cold water to the base and ice. Thats the only way I've noticed a nice chilled difference with my smoke.

as for multi hoses, I've modded mine out to be a double and it hasn't taken away all that much. I usually keep it set to one though unless I have friends over. The only thing is that I take the bearings out of the mod because its hard to hit, so instead I train my friends before hand or they pick it up on their own. Cap or die!
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well, since I just purchased a KM and it is the best machine ever I would recommend one of those.
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:34 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Ioan is right about staying away from a multi-hose rig. I have (1) 2-hose hookah and it's a auto-seal version... it works great, but the auto-seal system isn't all that it's cracked up to be - I ended up removing a ball bearing in one hose to pull easier, because of that, I now have to either put my finger over that hose end or remove the hose and plug the port. Still love the hookah, but I think I would have rather had a single hose (hind sight is great... but not helpful for me }
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:27 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

get a KM they rock

stay away from a multi-hoser hookah. its a pain in the ass and the one i use i just plugged up one port and use it as a single. its only use now is that it was a rotator so my dog could not knock it over no matter how hyper he was that day.

if you are going to have 1-3 people smoking from one i say get a single hoser. 4 will be fine and sometimes 5. if you have more than 5 its a lot better to just invest in another hookah. that way you can have 2 different flavors running at the same time so people get a variety
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
rowland
Hookah Newbie

WHat do you guys/gals think about a Mya? I was looking at this

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1738

It breaks down into a case, and while it is a single hose i could convert it to a multi hose if i need it.

Looks good at least I am so confused but plan on ordering a new pipe friday, so i gotta make up my mind.

Last night i ordered some sheesha and a super chief (small) bowl last night.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Man I woudl steer clear of Myas, they have some issues with their glass. The three hookahs I considered when I purchased a new one was the Stargate http://nazarhookah.com/index.php?mai...index&cPath=29 The Engineer http://nazarhookah.com/index.php?mai...products_id=71 And the KM Amer https://www.101highway.com/hookahcom...ubmitit=Search In the end I went with the KM Amer and I dont regret it 1 bit! I have a Mya QT that will forever stay in the closet, the Amer is FAR superior.

Billy
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:21 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Rowland,

dont get a mya bro. Older style myas have succumbed to these myas that are out not...basically trash hookahs based on looks. Not even sure why they design hookahs like this if they know they'll have problems. Issues that are current with MYA's: thin glass on bottom of vase, rust in or around hose port or purge valve, draw is too tight, hoses rust, shaft is made of materials that deteriorate quickly. Not too many positives. Also, for the price tag, you can get some pretty nice Egyptian or Syrian solid core rigs.

multiple hose rigs are interesting these days. most of them have ok reviews, and most of them have the same complaints; mainly having to do with the draw. however, in my experience with a few syrians that have had the autoseal system, the draw was incredible and the system worked the way it was supposed. there are different variables that go into this, alot dealing with each particular hookah. So its hard to say. Best thing to do is go with a single hose. Most single hose hookahs can adapt to a double hose. Several sites sell the adapters for them. This way you get the best of both worlds.

If you want something that disassembles and is easy to clean, look for syrians. Egyptians dont really disassemble to my knowledge. hope this helped...
Old October 4th, 2007, 06:15 AM
CarolinaJohn
Hookah Nut

I just received my Mya Gyro and love it. Once I learned the proper charcoaling technique and how to pack the bowl correctly, this thing rocks. I am sure it will be even better when I get my Tangiers Funnel Bowl and Scalli Mod (due here in my hands tomorrow).

The glass base is very thick and does not appear to be in any type of cracking danger. The three hose system is not the best, but as with may hookahs with autoseals, one must still cover the hose tip for maximum draw.

I disagree with the generic knocks against Myas.

Now to find a good, small personal use Hookah.
Old October 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I bought a 2 hose egyptian with no check valves and now i regret it. I ended up sealling the second hose port with a rubber stopper(it came with it). I recommend a good single hose. As for impesive, Alfakher has some pretty impesive rigs for a resonable price. I smoke 2-3 times out of them at a lounge and they absolutly rock. I defenatley recommend one of those with a nammor. Top Notch. I never smoked from a mya but other rigs with autoseal vavle tend to have a difficult and not as smooth draw!
Go for a single hose one. If its going to be you main rig i recomend a smaller size.

Cheers
Old October 4th, 2007, 03:39 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

i would say go for a single hose.. But i know that you are looking for a party hookah. That's also why you want a case.
Well you can buy cases by themselves for not too much. And it sounds like you would want something very durable and sturdy. And honestly... I wouldnt get something too expensive.. cause when you party with a hookah.. when the nights done you may not be in your right mind, and some sinister shit bag will find this the perfect opportunity to slip away with your pipe. You also probably want a rig that is adaptable, and covered very well under a good warranty.

At first i would say by one of Jimmy's multi hose Syrians.. But on second thought, those are too good to go to waste (breakage, theft, tripping on shit..).. So i would go with this...

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1641

it's sturdy, wont break, and the price might be pretty high.. But it smokes wonderfully, and you can buy hose port adapters that change it into a 4 hose. (all they do is add a hose port and charge you ten dollars on the site), but you don't necessarily have to buy from H-S, i've seen these pipes cheaper in a lot of different places.

Old October 4th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

DO yourself a favor and get a nice Syrian. There are a few out there to choose from, you wont regret it.
Old October 4th, 2007, 08:41 PM
MechAnt
Hookah Newbie

Actually that style of glass is ok. Just avoid the frosted glass style, the glass is thin and soft. The non frosted type is just fine. I know this from experience so no worries of hearsay. Gyro has great reviews too.
Old October 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I've also been looking into a new rig and am seriously leaning toward the al fahker 26''. You should check 'em out at alfahkeronline.com.
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:31 PM
entropism
Hookah Newbie

I was considering a Glyph/Engineer to replace my craptastic piece of crap from Sahara, ended up going with a 30" Syrian from J&R. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it in on Monday(ish).
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:40 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism
I was considering a Glyph/Engineer to replace my craptastic piece of crap from Sahara, ended up going with a 30" Syrian from J&R. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it in on Monday(ish).
It will go well... Typical autoseal issues, but wow... it smokes like a champ
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook