Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Just recieved my first Hookah set: have questions, need tips...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
mtruo001

Question Just recieved my first Hookah set: have questions, need tips...

Hi Everyone! I've smoke hookah plenty of times before in the past, but all of them were at hookah bars. Yesterday, I received (and smoked) my first very own hookah set! I got an emerald 14" MYA QT from Hookah-Shisha.com, and boy, it is great!

I have always been under the impression that cold=good when it comes to hookah, but will it ever get to the point where too cold will mess something up? I live in Wisconsin, and it gets pretty cold outside nowadays (I can only smoke outside). This will not only get the water compartment cold, but the entire bowl area gets cold as well. As a matter of fact, my wind guard never even gets warm from all that coal I've used. I can pick it up with my bare hands after a 1 hour smoking session! Is there any way this will affect the burn of the tobacco?

Also, I read somewhere (I dont remember where) that some people add alcohol, such as vodka, into the water tank area of the hookah. Is this even a good idea? I can't see how a person can consume alcohol without actually drinking it...

Lastly, the hookah buzz. When I smoked the Al Waha I scored for $1.50 for the first 10 minutes, I get dizzy. Smoking all gives a slight headache with nausea. Is this the hookah buzz everyone is talking about? Sometimes I wonder if it is not just brain/blood hypoxia that gives you these symptoms, and not the stuff in the shisha.

?? ?
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: Just recieved my first Hookah set: have questions, need tips...

Where in wisconsin you from if you dont mind me asking?

umm..some "hookah buzzes" are actually CO poisoning or even possibly from chemical additives in the coals...so make sure you aer using high quality coals that are fully lit.

It is possible to vaporize alcohol and consume it via the lungs. However I don't think it is entirely possible to do so with a hookah AND if it were it would be extremely dangerous as the alcohol is going directly into your blood stream so you will go from not drunk to DRUNK almost instantly and its easy to push past the brain damage level of intoxication without realizing it.

As with the cold issue....your foiling and windcover usage may vary slightly but it really shoudlnt be that big of an issue at all.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

first off the buzz.. make sure your coals are fully lit, take your time dont chain smoke it, nd also it can be from the nicotine.as for the cold; if the water is too cold it kills the flavor but at the same time its really nice to have a cool, thick smoke.make sure you dont over pack your bowl aswell because when i do that sometimes i get a headache idk why but it happens.. Just read the forums, search for anything you have a question on and it has probably been answered.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

the buzz could be from the coals if they aren't completely lit when you start smoking. It could also be from the nicotine. The nausia and headache can happen if you smoke unwashed tobacco on an empty stomach.

Try eating before smoking and be sure your coals are white/gray on all sides before smoking.

As for the cold, it shouldn't be a problem. But I can't immagine smoking outdoors in Wisconsin in the winter time Brrrr!
Old November 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM
mtruo001

Thanks everyone! I live in Milwaukee. The coal I used were the self lit ones that came from Hookah-Shisha, I'm assuming they are good?

I had no idea quality coals are so important.
Old November 24th, 2008, 07:55 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruo001 View Post
Thanks everyone! I live in Milwaukee. The coal I used were the self lit ones that came from Hookah-Shisha, I'm assuming they are good?

I had no idea quality coals are so important.
Can you give us a picture or the coals ? Or tell us how they were wrapped ?

Quick Lights are hit or miss. Most of them taste like crap even after you let them ash. The only Quick Lights I'll use are Golden Coals, and I might use ************* QLs after I get my order in from John, he tossed me a sample. I'll letcha know
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Congratulations on your new hookah. I am having the same problem qoz I live in Colorado and it is really freezing during this time of the year.

My advice, smoke during day time (from 12 to 4 pm) and buy one of the gas heaters (you can find them in Target)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook