Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cops have my hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Cops have my hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_3_TDS_3_III View Post
im not saying individually i mean you cant all say you havent smoked before you were 18

everyones talking like they never have done anything illegal

im all for the law im just saying its something that happens when your a teenager they want to experiment we all went through it
We do not promote breaking the law on this forum to any degree regardless of your personal feelings on the matter. We also do not aid minors in the acquisition, use of consumption of any substance they are restricted from using be it tobacco, alcohol or anything else.

If a child wants to truly do something they will find a way. They don't need our help to be stupid. They have that base covered.
Old December 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

dont the police have any better things to do?
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:43 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
We do not promote breaking the law on this forum to any degree regardless of your personal feelings on the matter. We also do not aid minors in the acquisition, use of consumption of any substance they are restricted from using be it tobacco, alcohol or anything else.

If a child wants to truly do something they will find a way. They don't need our help to be stupid. They have that base covered.
didnt say we did

what im saying is we dont have to completely rip on the guy for what he did shit happens when your that age and when your older then your friends and your the first to turn eighteen then you have no one to smoke with so i can understand where he is coming from
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:54 AM
thug-n-harmony
Hookah Newbie

FFTP!!!
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Hookah_Ninja
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hookah_Ninja

Dude, im just all against authority, so when they catch me, it sucks that much worse.

Eff it, thug life!
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookah_Ninja View Post
Dude, im just all against authority, so when they catch me, it sucks that much worse.
You are going to have a very rough go of it in the military then.
Old December 8th, 2008, 10:21 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookah_Ninja View Post

Eff it, thug life!

Not too sure the admin and mods will be happy to hear that.

Also, have fun in basic. You should do just fine.
Old December 8th, 2008, 10:48 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

quit hatin everyone
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:35 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_3_TDS_3_III View Post
quit hatin everyone
A comical response in a thread where many of the posts are devoted to hating cops and authority.
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

if your life is in danger, or you're in an emergency, who do you call?? the police! I know its cool to hate cops and authority when you're young, but these people are doing their job
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Roflpocalypse
Hookah Newbie

I've never disliked cops ever. Great-Grandad was the Sheriff in his town AFTER serving in the marine corps. Grandpa was a cop, a couple cousins are cops now. they protect and serve. I dunno, I think it is like a game of tag on a massive level. Do somethin wrong then the cops are "it" then if they catch you (in some more serious cases WHEN they catch you) then man up and take it cause then YOUR "it". lol. but seriously you should have NOTHING BUT respect for police. If they weren't around someone could walk up and shoot you in the face and then what? nothing, that's why they are around. They protect you from shi* like that. Because it's their JOB.
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
cghtnthndrtw
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to cghtnthndrtw

Quote:
Mayhaps if your primary concern is your eligibility for the forces you may want to make sure you are the perfect citizen. Being one of the members of the armed forces means you must be willing to give your life to defend the people living in this country, the freedoms and liberties of those people and the goverment that provides us with the life we lead.

By the way a good number of those cops you hate are probably former soldiers. That is a career path chosen by many of the vets I know. They are mostly good people who fight the same fight a soldier often does but on a local playing field. They defend our way of life from those that may wish to harm us or take away our freedom. They deserve as much respect as we can provide them. They are part of our armed forces as well and lead a dangerous and stressful lifestyle.
Sorry bro, but that just doesn't fly. Cops are not a part of our armed forces. The fact that this line is being further blurred as time rolls on is fairly disturbing to be frank. Police have absolutely no business owning automatic/assault weapons as is often common fair nowadays. Local PD forces are virtually unaccountable to the degree that our military personnel are. You seriously trust these people to look after your safety and rights? I for one am completely uncomfortable with this idea. They are the ones infringing on your freedoms. And it takes little 'cause' for these armed, unaccountable forces to take your life. Police brutality has only risen over the years as this confrontational and legalistic mindset has become more popular.

As for those who are bashing this guy, regardless of your personal 'convictions' what do you think gives you the right to make a moral judgment call on anyone who smokes before they are 18? Because the law says so? Laws are constantly rewritten, the fact that you disregard a law because you don't agree with does not make it morally wrong unless you can provide an argument against a particular action/viewpoint via religious or philosophical means.
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghtnthndrtw View Post
Sorry bro, but that just doesn't fly. Cops are not a part of our armed forces. The fact that this line is being further blurred as time rolls on is fairly disturbing to be frank. Police have absolutely no business owning automatic/assault weapons as is often common fair nowadays. Local PD forces are virtually unaccountable to the degree that our military personnel are. You seriously trust these people to look after your safety and rights? I for one am completely uncomfortable with this idea. They are the ones infringing on your freedoms. And it takes little 'cause' for these armed, unaccountable forces to take your life. Police brutality has only risen over the years as this confrontational and legalistic mindset has become more popular.

As for those who are bashing this guy, regardless of your personal 'convictions' what do you think gives you the right to make a moral judgment call on anyone who smokes before they are 18? Because the law says so? Laws are constantly rewritten, the fact that you disregard a law because you don't agree with does not make it morally wrong unless you can provide an argument against a particular action/viewpoint via religious or philosophical means.
A) Back up your statements.

B) If you think the police are the major issue then go someplace else.

C) Yes I am comfortable. Try living in some place without a police force or god forbid a truly corrupt one. Go take your chances in Darfur and tell me what happens when you call the cops. We are lucky to live a comfortable and privileged life. There are countless people in the world that would give anything to have the life that we lead in this country.

D) I didn't bring it up because it was not topical before this point but stop generalizing. It's insulting to us that have family in the police force to hear people bash them so badly and treat them like they are all corrupt and evil people. There are bad people in all groups and organizations but the few do not define the many. Hatred is never an acceptable answer.

Bottom line. Public servants deserve our respect. Police put them selves in an extremely risky life and get bashed for doing so. The ARMED FORCES includes all of our government organizations that are allowed and required to carry or operate firearms or weaponry.

"The armed forces of a country are its government-sponsored defense, fighting forces, and organizations. They exist to further the foreign and domestic policies of their governing body, and to defend that body and the nation it represents from external and internal aggressors."

The police are the definition of our armed forces. Read a book.

Edit: I am not your bro.

Last edited by kalutika; December 8th, 2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: I have no relation to this individual.
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
cghtnthndrtw
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
A) Back up your statements.

B) If you think the police are the major issue then go someplace else.

C) Yes I am comfortable. Try living in some place without a police force or god forbid a truly corrupt one. Go take your chances in Darfur and tell me what happens when you call the cops. We are lucky to live a comfortable and privileged life. There are countless people in the world that would give anything to have the life that we lead in this country.

D) I didn't bring it up because it was not topical before this point but stop generalizing. It's insulting to us that have family in the police force to hear people bash them so badly and treat them like they are all corrupt and evil people. There are bad people in all groups and organizations but the few do not define the many. Hatred is never an acceptable answer.

Bottom line. Public servants deserve our respect. Police put them selves in an extremely risky life and get bashed for doing so. The ARMED FORCES includes all of our government organizations that are allowed and required to carry or operate firearms or weaponry.

"The armed forces of a country are its government-sponsored defense, fighting forces, and organizations. They exist to further the foreign and domestic policies of their governing body, and to defend that body and the nation it represents from external and internal aggressors."

The police are the definition of our armed forces. Read a book.

Edit: I am not your bro.
Back up my statements? You just threw a quote into your post without any reference to the source. For all I know that line is something entirely of your own imagination. I just so happen to know that you pulled this from Wikipedia. If you had actually bothered to read the article you might have noticed that it goes on to describe the various branches.

"In most countries the armed forces are divided into three or four forces: an army, a navy, an air force, and often a gendarmerie or a paramilitary police force."

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_forces

The only two classifications that civilian police forces might be confused with are the gendarmerie or paramilitary catagories. If we look at the definitions for each we find that both make the distinction that they differ from civilian police forces as the are state run (not localized) and have some degree of military training.

"A gendarmerie or gendarmery (pronounced /dʒɛnˈdɑrməriː/, or /ˌʒɑndɑrməˈriː/ after the French) is a military body charged with police duties among civilian populations. The members of such a body are called gendarmes. The term maréchaussée (or marshalcy) can also be used (e.g., Royal Marechaussee) but is now uncommon, except in the Netherlands."

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gendarmerie

"A paramilitary is a force whose function and organization are similar to those of a professional military force, but which is not regarded as having the same status.........(an example of which would be) Auxiliary services of regular armed forces, such as the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Civil Air Patrol"

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramilitary

Police forces in the United States are locally run by counties, they are not a part of the federal state system and do not fall into this classification. The fact that they are becoming more integrated is a cause for concern in my opinion.

I am not saying that cops are evil. I do not, however, have much respect for the current system. I'm not hateful of the individuals working for the system, but I do think that the system has some room for change. I do very much love my country which is why it pains me to see our rights and freedoms being slowly eroded day after day.

Also from Wikipedia:

"Numerous human rights observers have raised concerns about increased police brutality in the U.S. in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center. An extensive report prepared for the United Nations Human Rights Committee tabled in 2006 states that in the United States, the "War on Terror" has "created a generalized climate of impunity for law enforcement officers, and contributed to the erosion of what few accountability mechanisms exist for civilian control over law enforcement agencies. As a result, police brutality and abuse persist unabated and undeterred across the country."[12]"

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_brutality

Some articles for reading:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...sconduct_N.htm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts224.html

And you're quite obviously not my bro, it's a derogatory figure of speak as you're no doubt aware.

Last edited by cghtnthndrtw; December 8th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

That is a very different post from the one I was referring to. You may wish to make yourself more clear in the future. The first implies that you dislike the police while the second says that you dislike the system. That is a statement I can partially agree with. While the system is far from perfect it is still one of the most ordered and safe in the world. That is not a point that can be argued. Compared to the corrupt and iron fisted forces of some other countries and areas we are extremely lucky. This does not mean I think we can not improve. But complaints and jeers do nothing. If you want to see a distinct change you should become the catalyst that spurns it forward. Go join the force. Be the change you wish to see.

My point above all else (as stated in my "bottom line") is that the police officers do a service for us that allows us to lead our lives the way we want to and the cop bashing that occurs in this country is pathetic. They deserve our respect and do not deserve to be treated like criminals because of those that would tarnish the name. No group deserves ridicule for the poor choice of the minority.

I have said my piece. I am sorry that this became an unpleasant discussion. I will not argue this point further. You made your points well and I am happy to have an "opponent" that wasn't just spouting nonsense. We have differing opinions but happily we live in a country that we are allowed this freedom, partially in thanks to the police.
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
cghtnthndrtw
Hookah Newbie

Thanks, I did not intend any offense towards you originally. And while I do disagree with the system, there are individuals who are to blame for it. The majority of these people are in higher ranking positions of government and have little to do with most members on the ground. And as for the merits of our system? I believe it can be argued, but you should probably understand that I'm coming from a very Libertarian point of view on this subject. I would love to see us move in the direction of a civilian based militia with little to no standing police. The reality of the situation is I don't believe the American society as a whole has progressed enough to make this a reality. Which is why I'm in favor of more oversight and less authority granted to civilian police than we currently do. As far as I'm concerned, it is the responsibility of the police to validate their actions, not the citizens; police should be the ones with the higher degree of suspicion as they are granted a great degree of authority.

Thanks for hearing my position out fully
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

And that's how you have a discussion. Lol.
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

total anarchy i see
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Let's get back on topic folks!
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
hookah head
Hookah Nut

no cigs for me only the hookah
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:33 PM
[Shisha-Jay]
Hookah Newbie

Location: originate in the LBC currently living in Temecula, CA

damn bro thats some bad luck right there! =[ not too sure about the cell phone BUT yea they had the right too take ur hookah and sheesh as messed up as it is =[ sorry to hear that dood...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook