Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Awful session with phunnel & glass screen

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

Default Awful session with phunnel & glass screen

I must have done this wrong. First time using the glass screen & no mod because it wouldbt fit in the phunnel with the screen. I used two exoticas and it burned the hell out of my poor citrus mist in seconds. it tasted awful, also my phunnel was barely removable because it was so hot and a ton of smoke was escaping from the top too.

Ugh
Old November 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Awful session with phunnel & glass screen

Glass phunnel too? Yeah.. The glass screens and Phunnels have been getting a pretty bad rap recently. I had one for awhile but I just couldn't enjoy my sessions with it.
Old November 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

sounds like someone overpacked.
but yeah, I can see how glass screens could be an issue.
Old November 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

Tangiers phunnel and yeah, I probably overpacked but yeah, don't think glass anything is worth the money (except the mod)
Old November 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
reality-
Banned

glass screens and bowls is the best thing that happend to hookah smoking in long time.. The reason you cannot use glass screen for phunnels is pretty obvious.. glass screen has just a large hole in the middle but hey, so does phunnels! so yeah what will happend. witout the mod the heat will just transfer down past the tobacco and down in ur lungs.. not to good taste no..
try using a glass screen on a regular egyptian bowl and dont make the middle hole in the bowl as open as u normally do it.. then u will see you dont ever want to use foil again..
but for phunnel bowls as tangiers its the only bowl I use foil.. but the best would be a phunnel and a mod, unfortuanally th tangiers phunnel bowl with mod doesnt fit the screen so ..
Old November 28th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

sounds like just to much math to enjoy a smoke , cant u this with that and that tobco and this bowl.. forget it i rather just use foil saves me trouble.
Old November 28th, 2008, 06:56 AM
reality-
Banned

rob.. I agree with you.. thats why I use mnh funnel jet in all glas...
I throw in tobacco in bowl. put on screen and Im done.. I dont like too much math to enjoy smoke, "cant u this with that and that tobco and this bowl" yeah I agree.. Why think about 10 different foil patterns and dubble layer HD reynold pharaoe precut John hole method in foil etc etc..
Just 1 damn screen all the time!! its excellent!
Old November 28th, 2008, 10:05 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Well I'll be damned...with as much money as this costs it should cook you a steak and play a fancy tune . Sorry to hear of your troubles my friend but hey, for only 4 dollars you could get a standard Egyptian bowl that will serve you well. I have all kinds of bowls - vortex, phunnel, large Egyptian, standard Egyptian, Mya - you name it. I always use my standard Egyptian. It's my bowl of choice. But what Nima said above about use the glass bowl with the foil, he is not lying. Try that and see is it not better than the screen
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:33 AM
reality-
Banned

Im saying this again ashamed.. I owe u guys a review about this wonderful glass bowl Ive got but I havent had time ( university kills me ) or a digitalkamera to use yet.. but soon enough , very soon, Im posting my review on mnhookah glass jet funnel and tell you all about it.. Byt that time Ive had time to test it out real good as well..
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

One of my friends has a glass screen. Not ONCE has that bowl NOT burnt out. No matter how hard we try, it never is possible. 1 coal isn't enough to get it going, but 2 coals is eventually too much. Take one coal off, leave one, and there's no smoke, but the bowl burns out!

But then they use foil on their Glass bowl and it's like a dream, I would get one if it didn't leak so damn much.
Old November 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM
onehourlater
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
One of my friends has a glass screen. Not ONCE has that bowl NOT burnt out. No matter how hard we try, it never is possible. 1 coal isn't enough to get it going, but 2 coals is eventually too much. Take one coal off, leave one, and there's no smoke, but the bowl burns out!

But then they use foil on their Glass bowl and it's like a dream, I would get one if it didn't leak so damn much.
I think this is why the new glass screens have cutaways on the sides to deal with the 1/2 coal burnout with the cut outs 2 coals is nice and "Just right" from what I have heard - MNH needs to inform us!
Old November 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

You they make these awesome bowls here
May not be as pretty as the blown glass but retains heat quite well, shisha lasts over an hour in them, and you don't have to scrub the screen when you're done.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old November 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
You they make these awesome bowls here
May not be as pretty as the blown glass but retains heat quite well, shisha lasts over an hour in them, and you don't have to scrub the screen when you're done.

El oh el.

At first i was very confused by this as hookahpro is very good about hiding link.

But now i have found it.
Old December 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
reality-
Banned

yeah what tha.. Photolinger.. please make the links underlined as well så u know its a link,..
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook