Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Looking for a multi hose hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 29th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Looking for a multi hose hookah

I need some help, please give me suggestions on a 3 or 4 hose rig that will perform and looks nice. I have gotten to the point that I have friends now that wanna smoke hookah with me and I am tired of passing the hose around. Time to invest in a multi hose rig, besides X-Mas is coming and the wife needs suggestions. Post em up with links!

Billy
Old November 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Looking for a multi hose hookah

I have the collosus and it's a really good performing and good looking rig. Basically, your stuck with the high(er)-end Mya's so your only way is multihose/modern.
the ony traditional multihosers (that work) are syrians but have a very tight draw so i would not recoment them.
Old November 29th, 2008, 09:58 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I got a mya paragon works ok, but nothing special, i wouldnt really recomend it but ive tried others and most of the other non mya hookahs aren't all that.

So best bet would be a high end mya like shishaholic said
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
onehourlater
Hookah Nut

I personally would suggest non-auto sealing hoses as they really make the draw tight, I use a 2 hose MYA and its good as long as you cover the second hose when a person is smoking you can get the same quality as a single hose, I would assume this would work with a 4 hose too (in the MYA category) I personally have never had a good experience multi-hose with someone who didn't understand hookah before, it's just better to pass the hose or set up 2 full rigs for 1 session.
Old November 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

A mya can be converter from auto-sealing to not auto-sealing by simply removing the bearings from the hose ports. That would not work on a four hose rig because when someone is smoking, there are three people who need to remember to cover their hose.
The draw on the myas aint so noticable if you are smoking with wide hoses unless you are actually looking to find for that difference.
I would recomend something shorter than a collosus though, and try to get something that doesnt need to be broken in 30 pieces to be cleaned.

a Phalcor, Paragon or Gyro would be your safest bet IMO.

My only concern with my collosus is that its too big for everyday use and maintenance (cleaning etc.) That thing is to hookahs what tank is to cars.
Old November 29th, 2008, 06:59 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

has to be a Mya!
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:14 AM
onehourlater
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC View Post
A mya can be converter from auto-sealing to not auto-sealing by simply removing the bearings from the hose ports. That would not work on a four hose rig because when someone is smoking, there are three people who need to remember to cover their hose.
The draw on the myas aint so noticable if you are smoking with wide hoses unless you are actually looking to find for that difference.
I would recomend something shorter than a collosus though, and try to get something that doesnt need to be broken in 30 pieces to be cleaned.

a Phalcor, Paragon or Gyro would be your safest bet IMO.

My only concern with my collosus is that its too big for everyday use and maintenance (cleaning etc.) That thing is to hookahs what tank is to cars.
Well said, I guess I was'nt thinking about 4 hoses I would love to know how well it works as every 2 hose rig just is not as nice as a single.
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM
george
Hookah Newbie

I'm selling mine: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7619
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:10 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

All Myas smoke very similar, just go with one of them for sure. They are very sturdy, although a bit hard to clean.
Old December 1st, 2008, 01:12 AM
hookahlife
Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife

Most Mya hookahs except for the mini ones (i.e. qt, bambino, chic, razo...) are expandable up to 4 hoses.

The most popular multi hose option is the Mya Acrylic. Our site carries them in variations up to 4 hoses, or you can get a single hose and upgrade on an as needed basis since most sites carry the adapters for them.

You may also want to consider a rotator hookah. Although some people might disagree, rotators can be very high quality and do smoke well plus a rotator with even 1 hose makes group smoking easier. The best judge of quality in an Egyptian hookah is to see if a retailer will offer a warranty on the stem. We do because we trust the quality of our rotators, and most other retailers do as well such as Social Smoke.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mike
Hookah Life
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:08 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

my friend has the an Egyptian hookah, three hose called the legend bought it from SS it has a nice draw close to my km and i like the look of it
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook