Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

About a hookah.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old November 30th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Hookah Nut
Default About a hookah.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a nice 20" to 30" hookah, but I still have a question. What is the difference between a small hookah about 17" and a 29" for an example?? I know its the size, but does it actually make your smoking sections better?? and what about defusers do they sell them with the hookah
Old November 30th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Hookah Master
Default Re: About a hookah.

There's not much of a different in sizes of the same brand. Different brands and styles of hookahs smoke differently. I have a Mya QT that smokes as well as anyone's Syrian or KM, size doesn't matter.

Diffusers tighten your pull (make it harder to inhale) and some people use them but not many, I don't think they do a thing.
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hookah Guru
Send a message via AIM to Rob416

depends on the brand then size matter like it 11" bambino smokes like a champ i hear as well does my 26" syrian soo its like comparing apples to bananas its really all personal preference. as for diffusers i never personally used one but its supposed to airate the smoke more making smaller bubbles making less noise while u smoke and giving you a ticker and fuller smoke.
Old November 30th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Hookah Master

Diffusers are a gimmick. They are only good for quieting your hookah....which....is only useful if you are trying to watch a movie.

As for the height...it doesnt really contribute to the smoke at all.
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:20 AM

The height doesn't make any difference at all.

The defusers are great for making your hookah quieter. I have my hookah at my desk all day and when talking to customers on the phone it would be a bad thing for them to hear my hookah going all the time. So I used a defuser and nobody hears it.

The other benefits of a defuser are hardly noticeable. By making more bubbles and smaller bubbles, more of the smoke comes in contact with the water than the fewer big bubbles you get without the defuser. In theory, this makes the smoke cooler and removes more nicotine.

I use a defuser and noticed a very slight cooler smoke but only when using it with ice water. If you don't use ice water, the defuser only causes your water to get warmer faster and defeats the purpose and you will never notice a difference. I know this because I have tried experiments with a tempature probe in the water while smoking.. Yea, I know that is weird but I just had to know.
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Hookah Nut

The height **IS** important for heat transfer, the closer the coal is to the vase the more heat from it will transfer, this can make for a slight difference in the temperature of the smoke and the flavor (if you can even tell!)

IMO I would suggest a medium sized one in the 20''-26'' range, MYA, MZ, KM are all good choices - I personally chose 26'' MYA because of its threaded vase and how portable it is in its case.
Old November 30th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hookah Pro

Hight of the stem is not really important as long as it doesnt heat the water which is rare for anything above 15-20 inches. The difference is in the base. The less water the bsae holds the faster it will get dirty from the nicotine and the smoke will start smelling bad after 20-30 minutes into a session. A large egyptian holds enough water for around 3 sessions while with a medium i personally cant smoke a second bowl unless i change the water. With a small one i start to notice the flavour of nicontine after 40 mins or so into the session which keeps me from enjoying a full bowl.

Concusion = as long as the base is big enough, stem height is alsmost irrelevant.
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

If its a tiny pumpking hookah, then the heat transfers to the water, otherwise its not really a big deal.

The taller ones are nicer to look at. They can be placed on the ground where a hookah is meant to go, and they are easy to adjust (you dont have to bend over)

that being said, I love my 26" nour more than my 40" egyptian. I have a mya too, but its really nothing in comparison to my nour. I had a few people try them all out this weekend, the mya going w/ 2 hoses, the km going w/ one and the nour. after 5minutes no one touched the other 2 hookahs they all wanted to smoke on the nour. Its really that much more enjoyable.

For me, I clean after every bowl, at least a rinse down the steam and a definate change of water mainly cause sometimes i dont want the flavors to mismatch.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook