Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The SamBooka interview - Freak's Blend-Off

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
churlz
Hookah Nut

Default The SamBooka interview - Freak's Blend-Off

The Official Interview between HookaH-HookaH and Buddy G, the winner of the Freak’s Blend-Off!

HH: How’s it going Buddy! We know you’re pretty excited about winning the Freak’s Blend-Off, but we have to start off with a very basic question first… How long have you been smoking hookah?

BG: For around two and a half years now. It was actually an ex-girlfriend that got me into hookah. I was quitting smoking cigarettes and everything just sort of fell in place.

HH: Very nice… so this Ex pushed you into the whole hookah scene? How did you get really involved?

BG: Well, when I get into something I really get into it, especially with hobbies and stuff… and since I’m a developer by trade I really jumped into the internet community stuff. I wanted to see a community that gave honest reviews that was for the people. I guess you could say that it really fueled my passion for Hookah.

HH: Agreed, you’re still going strong! Did you start mixing flavors right away as soon as you got into hookah or were you more of a fan of straight flavors when you first started?

BG: I actually started mixing flavors immediately after I purchased my first hookah. We only had this Mango flavor to start off with, and I wish I could remember what brand it was because it was a really good Mango. Anyway, I started looking for flavors that I thought would go well with Mango, and I bought some Double Apple because I thought it was really Double Apple, not Apple and Licorice! I don't know why they don't put that on the box!? Haha, everyone who tried that mix was completely grossed out, so I guess my first experience with mixing wasn’t that great… and I learned what Double Apple was real fast.

I dunno, I guess I’ve always been trying new things. Like… one of the first things I did was put straight milk in the base of my hookah to test out how it would work. It got really gross really fast because I had milk bubbling up into the hose! Haha, another terrible mistake. I suppose hookah is always a learning experience!

HH: Yeah man, we’ve made some terrible mistakes around here with some base mixtures and trying out new combinations, that’s for sure. However, now you hold the title for 2008 Blend Master for HookaH-HookaH … is there anything that you think helped you along the way with making your tasty blends?

BG: I really would say that my background in design and development have helped me out some. Having a creative mind helps you put things together and can really help with things like blends… and this might sound weird but I’m one of those people that’ll hit the snooze button multiple times in the morning. I have a really hard time waking up. But sometimes in the morning I have some of the weirdest dreams, and one morning I dreamt up the mix for an Apple Cider flavor, and I jumped out of bed and wrote it down because I didn’t want to forget it.

After the mix was perfected I took it to a Poker Party and sent some samples to a couple of folks on the forum I frequent… and the feedback was all the same. People really liked it and the first time they tasted it they gave me this wide-eyed look of "Holy Crap this is amazing!" They frequently request Spiced Apple Cider now even when I'm bringing over new stuff for them to try!

HH: Well, you managed to get the widest variety of voters, so I think that speaks for itself! Congratulations Buddy, and have an excellent Thanksgiving!

BG: You too!

(please inform me if I mangled anything too terribly SamBooka)

Last edited by churlz; December 1st, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default Re: The SamBooka interview - Freak's Blend-Off

no offense, but that interview was less than ultimate.

Congrats again to Sambooka!
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
Sahara Smoke Company
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahara Smoke Company

Haha, the interview skills could be honed, it's true.
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Smoke Company View Post
Sorry, I have yet to hone my mad interview skillz.
actually lol'd at that!

now it reads (much lamer):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Smoke Company View Post
Haha, the interview skills could be honed, it's true.

Last edited by bradedup; December 1st, 2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: oh no! it was edited!
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:54 PM
churlz
Hookah Nut

That was my mistake. >_>

I'll get better at interviewing. I swear.
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

Ya the review was a tad short... but it was still a cool event and it was awesome that SamB took home the gold. Congrats to SamB and to the contest runners
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Lol, the interview was fine. It's the first one afterall isn't it? Kudos Sambooka and HookahHookah! Thanks for this fun contest.
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:01 PM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

Quote:
Originally Posted by churlz View Post
That was my mistake. >_>

I'll get better at interviewing. I swear.
lol don't sweat it. It's like opening night for a play... it doesn't work quite as smoothly as it could.... but it always gets better the next time around
Still a job very well done and i congratulate the people who oraganized it and can't wait to see the NEXT competition ((well, i'm HOPING there will be another one that is ^_^ ))
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPill View Post
lol don't sweat it. It's like opening night for a play... it doesn't work quite as smoothly as it could.... but it always gets better the next time around
Still a job very well done and i congratulate the people who oraganized it and can't wait to see the NEXT competition ((well, i'm HOPING there will be another one that is ^_^ ))

I think on the video announcement of the winner they mentioned next year's contest.
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
churlz
Hookah Nut

Yeah man, we'll be holding another Blend-Off next year, and everything should run a lot smoother since this was the first one, and we've learned quite a bit.
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Instead of saying a forum I frequent(Thats an understatement) you should have put Hookah Pro.
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM
churlz
Hookah Nut

Unfortunately this interview had to be as neutral as possible. Though for this version Hookah Pro could be substituted in.
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Cool interview! How the hell did you get me for practically word for word!? Did you record us or something, on the phone!? lol .. or do you just have an awesome memory!?

And to the Hookah Pro Members ..

Hey Guys, feel free to post up some comments on the video But just keep them clean and in a very positive manner to represent the Hookah Pro Community Let's be proud Members, Congrats is cool, but keep it clean of anything negative towards another forum.

acceptable: Great Job, Way to represent Hookah Pro!
unacceptable: That's right fukers, HP is da Best!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdarnEq189k

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

once again congrats bro... nice blending..
Old December 1st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

You forgot to mention that you know Dunkel. If you'd have done that your street cred would have increased 10 fold.
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Cool interview! How the hell did you get me for practically word for word!? Did you record us or something, on the phone!? lol .. or do you just have an awesome memory!?

And to the Hookah Pro Members ..

Hey Guys, feel free to post up some comments on the video But just keep them clean and in a very positive manner to represent the Hookah Pro Community Let's be proud Members, Congrats is cool, but keep it clean of anything negative towards another forum.

acceptable: Great Job, Way to represent Hookah Pro!
unacceptable: That's right fukers, HP is da Best!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdarnEq189k

Cheers!
But Sam (you ''fuker''), HP is "da'' best!
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
But Sam (you ''fuker''), HP is "da'' best!
Hahaha Yeah it is! and that commend is perfectly acceptable lol

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook