Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

No Taste

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: No Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
the irish cream isnt a big hit for me.. its not that strong flavour.. but hey.. u got it to work so great!
hmmm, when i had SB irish cream it was nice and was a decently strong flavor, same with the carmel mach. .

-matt
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
hmmm, when i had SB irish cream it was nice and was a decently strong flavor, same with the carmel mach.
I like the SB Irish Cream too .. I mixed it with some HH Hazelnut and AF Cinnamon and Mmmmm WOW!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM
reality-
Banned

You guys know I smoke regular like 3 times a day.. and I have alot of shisha as some of u seen on my pics.. And most of them smokes very good.. but this starbuzz irish cream smells good, looks good, but tastes very little.. I can taste the irish crema taste and it is good taste but its too mild.. I'd tried many different ways.. very dissapointing.. still intrested if Im doing something wrong or this is bad batch.. Maybe I should send any of u guys a sample and you can try it out..
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
You guys know I smoke regular like 3 times a day.. and I have alot of shisha as some of u seen on my pics.. And most of them smokes very good.. but this starbuzz irish cream smells good, looks good, but tastes very little.. I can taste the irish crema taste and it is good taste but its too mild.. I'd tried many different ways.. very dissapointing.. still intrested if Im doing something wrong or this is bad batch.. Maybe I should send any of u guys a sample and you can try it out..
go with less heat. for star buzz i only use 2 cocos instead of 3 on my mod bowl and leave a slightly larger gap below the foil. it takes a while to heat up but you can go 2+ rounds of coals (i found adding them on one at a time instead of full recoal works better to keep from getting it too hot and getting weird tastes)

-matt
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM
vcitriniti
Deleted Per User Request

[FONT=Verdana]I was using a medium Tangiers phunnel with 3 coco naras and I had it burning for around 1.5 hours. It wasn’t harsh at all, probably one of the best smokes I have had in a long time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The Irish Cream wasn’t very strong but it was definitely there. I don’t know why but to me it tasted a lot more like a tootsie roll then Irish Cream.[/FONT]
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcitriniti View Post
[FONT=Verdana]I was using a medium Tangiers phunnel with 3 coco naras and I had it burning for around 1.5 hours. It wasn’t harsh at all, probably one of the best smokes I have had in a long time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]The Irish Cream wasn’t very strong but it was definitely there. I don’t know why but to me it tasted a lot more like a tootsie roll then Irish Cream.[/FONT]
See, I told you we would be able to help you figure stuff out

Now let's work on some other flavors that you had trouble with. Because Irish Cream IS kinda light, I agree with reality- on that one.

Tell us some other flavors you have there? Besides Tangiers .. some other brands and let's work on those .. If you tell me which ones you have and trust me enough, I will pick you out a flavor from what you have and maybe help with the setup a little and see how it goes!?

Any smaller bowls besides a medium phunnel?

Cheers!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
vcitriniti
Deleted Per User Request

I just had an order come in of a few different things.

Here is what I have:

StarBuzz -
Christmas Mix
Pumpkin Pie
Peaches & Cream
Blue Mist
Vanilla
Irish Cream

Tangiers -
Sour
Blueberry
Root Beer

Romman -
Berry Breeze
Sweet Melon
Cappuccino
Ivory Coast
Laffy Taffy

As for the size of bowls I have pretty much just the Tangiers Medium Phunnel. I have a few smaller egyptian bowls but I dont like to use them. On my next order I am going to pick up a small phunnel or a vortex.
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:54 PM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
go with less heat. for star buzz i only use 2 cocos instead of 3 on my mod bowl and leave a slightly larger gap below the foil. it takes a while to heat up but you can go 2+ rounds of coals (i found adding them on one at a time instead of full recoal works better to keep from getting it too hot and getting weird tastes)

-matt

I have 5 other starbuzz flavours and all smoke great actually.. so it is only the irish cream.. Ive tried it in egyptian standard, in mnh glass jet phunnel and in medium tangiers bowl with scalli and pharaoe foil.. tried it with exoticas, ch naturals and another smaller coal.. Ive tried everything thats enough for my other like 60 flavours of moasell I have , and I tried it just the other day so yeah.. It smells good, doesnt get burned, tastes ok.. but very mild, not overwhelming at all!

So yeah thanks sambooka agreed with me so now I know Im not insane

Sorry for beeing of topic.. Anyway my friend that blue mist should work good! If you enjoyed the irish cream you will enjoy blue mist even more I promise you that! just use less heat but I would split up heat so smaller coals on different places of the bowl would do good I think.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Try the Romman Sweet Melon. Pack it in a normal bowl. nice and loose. Then gently pack it down so it is 1/8" below the foil. poke only a few holes in it. SMALL holes! use a light amount of coal, and windcover. Should be amazing!

Let me know how that goes!?

Old December 5th, 2008, 12:15 AM
UXK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UXK Send a message via Yahoo to UXK

off topic- ever try mixing that root beer and vanilla together? sorta like a root beer float. ive been wondering if someone made a root beer shisha. haha.
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:05 AM
vcitriniti
Deleted Per User Request

[FONT=Verdana]Yea that may work root beer and vanilla. But I don’t know how Tangiers would be if I mixed it with another brand. I’ll try it out and let you know how it goes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I am definitely going to try out the Romman Sweet Melon soon. I bought it after I saw Sambooka’s review on it. Nahkla Sweet Melon was the very first tobacco I tried when I started smoking hookah so I am always looking for another brand to top it. I have had SB sweet melon i wasn’t very impressed with it, it was kind of dry and didn’t have much flavor.[/FONT]
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook