Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Caribou lou?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default Caribou lou?

I had the brilliant idea a while ago, and mentioned it in some other threads, but last night i finally got to try it out!

So last night my buddies and I were drinking some beerrrrrrr, and we had a hookah se up with Fusion Pineapple in the bowl and about half a fifth of Malibu Coconut rum in the base mixed with alittle water and some ice. It tasted pretty spectacular and you could definitly feel the alcohol hit you after a little while.

Just thought i would share with the class
Old December 4th, 2008, 05:53 PM
RushN24
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Caribou lou?

Are you telling me you got drunk of inhaling the fumes from Malibu? Is that possible, I have heard of inhaling alcohol fumes but thought of it as a myth. I think you were just feeling the beer probably.

Anyway, sound like a good combo of flavor. Pineapple and coconut. Mmm Mmm reminds me of a tropical paradise.
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

putting liquor in the base is amzaing and i love that idea maibu with pineapple tobacco cant wait to try that one out.
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Malibu coconut rum? You sissies! Use 151 or Wild Turkey. LOL
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

After hearing on this forum about how alcohol speeds up corrosion, i added a few drops to my Leila (which is glass with a plastic stem, after removing the "o" ring for the water line) and it was great!
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Malibu coconut rum? You sissies! Use 151 or Wild Turkey. LOL
Wild Turkey is where it's at very good taste Dunkel
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:31 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushN24 View Post
Are you telling me you got drunk of inhaling the fumes from Malibu? Is that possible, I have heard of inhaling alcohol fumes but thought of it as a myth. I think you were just feeling the beer probably.

Anyway, sound like a good combo of flavor. Pineapple and coconut. Mmm Mmm reminds me of a tropical paradise.

Inhaling alcohol vapors will in fact get you drunk, as your lungs deposit the alcohol directly into your blood stream with no filtration. You should actually be extremely careful, as its very easy to get alcohol poisoning.
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:20 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

i would gladly use more expensive liquor, if i had the money, also, the coconut flavor was the important part of the equation more than anything.
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWaffle View Post
Inhaling alcohol vapors will in fact get you drunk, as your lungs deposit the alcohol directly into your blood stream with no filtration. You should actually be extremely careful, as its very easy to get alcohol poisoning.
You mean absorption, not filtration. The liver is the filter. I think you can get some alcohol into your bloodstream but this won't affect anything. What hits you is your heart pumping harder and faster from nicotine.
Don't listen to this joker!
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlight View Post
You mean absorption, not filtration. The liver is the filter. I think you can get some alcohol into your bloodstream but this won't affect anything. What hits you is your heart pumping harder and faster from nicotine.
Don't listen to this joker!
you do realze that blood alcohol content is the whole reason why you fee drunk right? thats why they test your blood alcohol content when they pull you over for drunk driving... The live rifs the filter when you drink it because thats where all the liquid gets strained out and you get the nutrients and stuff out of it.

I am sorry man, bu tyou are the joker on this.
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:43 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
you do realze that blood alcohol content is the whole reason why you fee drunk right? thats why they test your blood alcohol content when they pull you over for drunk driving... The live rifs the filter when you drink it because thats where all the liquid gets strained out and you get the nutrients and stuff out of it.

I am sorry man, bu tyou are the joker on this.
You are right BAC is the reason why you feel drunk.
Okay you absorb nutrients/h2o through you stomach lining. The liver breaks down compounds in the blood including chemicals (etoh) that can be absorbed through capillaries into cells- skin cells, muscle cells, nerves, etc. Your lungs do have a ton of capillaries and you can absorb stuff into them through you blood stream, but think of how many molecules of alcohol you can carry in smoke. Tell me this, after you were done smoking was there malibu left in the base or did u smoke it all? Take some basic phys.
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlight View Post
You are right BAC is the reason why you feel drunk.
Okay you absorb nutrients/h2o through you stomach lining. The liver breaks down compounds in the blood including chemicals (etoh) that can be absorbed through capillaries into cells- skin cells, muscle cells, nerves, etc. Your lungs do have a ton of capillaries and you can absorb stuff into them through you blood stream, but think of how many molecules of alcohol you can carry in smoke. Tell me this, after you were done smoking was there malibu left in the base or did u smoke it all? Take some basic phys.

Actually, your liver breaks down alcohols into their basic molecular components, you only absorb alcohol into your blood stream after you've consumed more than your liver can filter.

By breathing in alcohol vapor, its absorbed directly into the blood stream without the ability to be broken down, cause your intoxication level to rise much faster, leading to alcohol poisoning.

So please folks, don't kill yourselves by smoking too much out of bases filled with pure alcohol. Mix a few shots in with your water to get the flavor, otherwise you're doing damage to your body.
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:10 AM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Actually, your liver breaks down alcohols into their basic molecular components, you only absorb alcohol into your blood stream after you've consumed more than your liver can filter.

By breathing in alcohol vapor, its absorbed directly into the blood stream without the ability to be broken down, cause your intoxication level to rise much faster, leading to alcohol poisoning.

So please folks, don't kill yourselves by smoking too much out of bases filled with pure alcohol. Mix a few shots in with your water to get the flavor, otherwise you're doing damage to your body.
Uhh, I said what the liver does. If this would kill people I think we would be hearing of death by hookah more often. The look of breathing in too much alcohol vapor!
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:31 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

ok, trust me, one beer is not going to get me buzzed, but inhalign a deep drag off the hookah last night and holding it in allowing the smoke to absorb into my longs got me messed up, not overly so, but more than any one beer would. My friend who wasn't drinking anything at all also got a little drunk off it. And trust me, i know the difference between a nicotine buzz and an alcohol buzz.
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:39 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
ok, trust me, one beer is not going to get me buzzed, but inhalign a deep drag off the hookah last night and holding it in allowing the smoke to absorb into my longs got me messed up, not overly so, but more than any one beer would. My friend who wasn't drinking anything at all also got a little drunk off it. And trust me, i know the difference between a nicotine buzz and an alcohol buzz.
Im not taking part of who is right and wrong in this discussion cus Im not familiar at all with the biology and the factors that would get you drunk by inhaling or whatever.
But I can say that the mind can play a trick on you.. Psychology is really deep and it could either fool you into getting a bit drunk with help of the nicotine or evenw ithout it in some cases..
You could do a test, next time you take som very light alcohol and jsut use alittle in the base. So you just get the taste and smell of it, then tell your friends who was with you last time that you have used alot more alchohol this itme and that you was surely getting drunk.
They would probably feel the same effects you guys did last time because thats what their minds except.

Or you could fill it up with very much alchocol and try it with someone who hasnt smoked much hookah and say its just the taste in the shisha and none alchohol is used. And u'll see that maybe they dont get "drunk" at all, this way you can see if it was really drunk from alchohol or if your mind played tricks on you
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Hookah smoke is a very moist smoke and it is possible to get some alcohol from that.I tried Vodka in the base once.....Wasnt drinking any acohol and when I stood up I almost fell over. I had to sit back down for a bit and mellow out. You guys can talk science and all that other bullshit but I am telling you what I experienced the 1 time I put alcohol in the base.
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Hey KillerB and highlight stop throwing jabs at each other already. LOL My belief is unless you drink the liquor you are wasting it. That is a simple fact, no arguing needed.
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

If you have ice in the base with the alcohol, how would it vaoporize it?

The only way i can imagine you getting alcohol from the base to your mouth is if tiny liquid molecules mixed with the smoke, but even when the smoke is sitting in the chamber i'd think those molecules would fall.

The EASY way to truly test if you get alcohol into your system is to simply do a breathalyzer. Take a huge hit, and exhale the smoke into the breathalyzer. Or take many hits, hold them as long as possible. When all of you claim to feel "drunk".....blow in the breathalyzer. You will get a reading.

I'll volunteer to try this...
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

I can see how vapors would get into the smoke. After all alcohol has a very rapid evaporation speed. I can't imagine how you would get drunk off it considering how little would evaporate off. Of course you would be breathing all of it in that is true but I can't speak for how much effect that would have on you. Even with the alcohol going directly into the blood stream it still would be filtered through the liver with in (what is it) 8 hours or so (the amount of time it takes for the blood to completely circulate through the body). Yes it possibly goes straight to the blood stream but not to the same levels and not at the same rate. So this would just have to be tested. Fun test though.

Lab experiments anyone?
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:15 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

The heat from hookah smoke I don't really think will cause alcohol to vaporize much faster than if you just put alcohol in the base and were taking drags without a bowl on the top. So...i guess you can just sit there and huff at your alcohol or you can make a drink an enjoy it.

Thats my take anyway.
Old December 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
hookahplayer21
Hookah Nut

Where is Bill Nye the science guy when you need him?
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:52 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

For those of you wondering how fast alcohol vaporizes, take a bottle of booze and put some on a cloth, wipe down a counter with the wet cloth and watch how fast it evaporates. Same thing happens in your hookah base.
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
For those of you wondering how fast alcohol vaporizes, take a bottle of booze and put some on a cloth, wipe down a counter with the wet cloth and watch how fast it evaporates. Same thing happens in your hookah base.

Yeah which is my point...if you want to huff alcohol u can do it without a hookah. U can just sit there and breathe on top of a class of alcohol if you want. Pick up some grave's grain, everclear, or volkov and sniff that for a while for a real pungent tickle in your sinuses...
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:51 PM
SkylineGTR
Hookah Nut

151 is where it's at!
haha
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:17 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Quote:
That's the reason why I keep my licqour cabinet on lockdown. So it doesn't evaporate!
But really if this were true don't you think people would need to keep containers sealed so it doesn't evaporate or lose potency. This is only true with 100 percent rubbing (ispropyl) alcohol which will evaporate to 91% in room air.
But here's where it gets good. I admit I like Malibu and will got some HH pineapple, so I'm gonna try this and see how good it is. Does sound tasty.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook