Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My first Tangiers Experience

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old December 4th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Thumbs up My first Tangiers Experience

So, today I received my order from John and I would like to thank him for the great customer service.

For the first time, I have smoked Tangiers today (Lucid Kashmir Cherry)

It is a great flavor and I like it.

Also, I tried CH Natural coals, and they are great too.
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
reality-
Banned

Default Re: My first Tangiers Experience

great man. you should make a review about it..
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Lucid is training wheels, get the real goods! Don't worry about funky packing with Lucid, and enjoy the flavor it's really good.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I have Tangiers Horchata (not lucid) but I didn't open it yet. As you said, I am in training although I am used to the unwashed tobacco.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Tangiers is great! Don't listen to the naysayers, it's one of the best smokes around.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:34 PM
reality-
Banned

Liszt.. COme on.. We all know you like AF grape more..
Anyway I have yet to try this new tangiers thing.. I think it seems so komplicated to acclimate it, and I dont like too big buzz.. and smoke it with special setup and difficult to get going and so on..
Is it even worth it ?`Is it really betetr then a good smoke of nakhla, AF ( if u smoke good batches that is ), fantasia, starbuzz, fusion and so on..
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

grats.. i actaully smoked some Tangiers earlier... it was a good smoke..
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

reality-

Smoking Tangiers was not difficult at all. It is the Lucid tangiers. So, I use the same packing method that I use with Nakhla and AF. And there is no Buzz at all.

U should give it a try. nothing to lose. By the way, I am a big fan of Nakhla DA and I think it is the best hookah tobacco,
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:07 AM
reality-
Banned

ahh yes I remember now someone told me that the lucid line is not that complicated.. did you feel any of the caffein ? and did you acclimate it ?
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

It was normal but I had a little headache. I don't know if it is from the Tangiers or from the low temperature. It is 13 F and everything is covered with snow. I HATE WINTER

Back to the topic, No I didn't acclimate it and it tastes great. At the beginning I didn't like the Kashmir smell, then after a while I started to like it.

Bottom line, it is worth trying.
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:48 AM
reality-
Banned

got it.. I will try it next order. dont know what flavour yet though.. will look some reviews later.. make sure you make your review as well
Old December 5th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

After reading many reviews, I think the best flavors are Horchata and Kashmir Cherry.

Good luck
Old December 5th, 2008, 03:55 AM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Horchata is good smoke, I had some orange soda last night which is pretty darn good as well, I should review...
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
I think it seems so komplicated to acclimate it,
Are you kidding me?! You open the freaking bag and leave it exposed to the air for like 4-6 hours and stir it every once in a while. How is that complicated?

Quote:
difficult to get going
Again, how is it difficult? you put it in the bowl without fluffing it up, basically take it out of the bag in clumps without breaking it up. Put 2X as many holes in the foil and use 1/2 the coal you would normally use. Why is that difficult to get going?

Reality, you have already said you have never tried it, how is it you can come on here and criticize it based on the things you heard about it? It seems to me you dont have a horse in this race unless you have actually tried it, so while I appreciate you trying to give your opinion on the subject I dont think you really gave your opinion since you dont have one of your own.
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I have tried it many times and it sucked everytime.
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM
reality-
Banned

I better just keep quite.. seems someone is hunting for my head...
Thunder.. thnx for advice..
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
I better just keep quite.. seems someone is hunting for my head...
Thunder.. thnx for advice..
Hunting for your head? LOL you need to toughen up a bit. You had your opinion of Tangiers, and I have mine. I proceeded to tell you the inaccuracies in your impression and post and you PM me that I am not being nice to you. Jeez what is the world coming to? reality, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine, you are free to post yours and I am free to post mine. Everyone on this site is free to speak their mind and correct inaccuracies if they so see fit, if you are going to get your feelings hurt so easily then you might wanna be a little more careful in your postings. BTW I didnt punch you in the face, I wasnt being not nice and I am not hunting for your head, I was merly posting my opinion, which I am entitled to do.
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:58 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

Uhhh tangiers kiwi is pretty good...i didn't acclimate it or anything, packed it as i normally do and it smoked fine
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:03 AM
reality-
Banned

Why do you post out what I write you in PM? thought it stand for private messaging .. how ridicolus you just make me look.. for what.. ? for me messing you in pm thinking your response was inaccuratly heavy against me and felt it was like a attack for no reason? anyone would have written what you did alot nicer thats what I want to say. never mind man why you even posting this here, it was written in a private message to you and you're a mod...never mind.. whatever.. *lost respect*

back to topic

of course I can have a opinion about what I THINK seem complicated even if I havent a "horse in this race"?? I read much forum and I have smoked very much shisha except tangiers and never heard any to be acclimated so. some ppl say it must be the right degree and air humidity and Ive read of problems with tangiers process and that its special to use .. even got a whole guide of it here: http://completehookah.com/setup/ which I read and see it has its own section both for acclimating tangiers and to packing and smoking it so theres where I got my quesctions "I think it seems so komplicated to acclimate it, is it even worth it, is it betetr then nakhla" and so on..
why such a hard angry aggressive response to that like I just said the most stupid thing and like Im a idiot "how is it you can come on here and criticize it based on the things you heard about it?" and my opinion doesnt count.. well look at my post it was not like I made a opinion and said "thats how it is" I was asking as well as you see in my respons "got it.. I will try it next order"

Last edited by reality-; December 5th, 2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Liszt.. COme on.. We all know you like AF grape more..
Anyway I have yet to try this new tangiers thing.. I think it seems so komplicated to acclimate it, and I dont like too big buzz.. and smoke it with special setup and difficult to get going and so on..
Is it even worth it ?`Is it really betetr then a good smoke of nakhla, AF ( if u smoke good batches that is ), fantasia, starbuzz, fusion and so on..
Actually after 1 bad batch of AF grape al the grape smells sickening to me now. AF pipe and esk apple though, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But after I tried Tangiers, I love the nicotine kick and overpowering flavor. Still learning on the packing for ultimate smoke, but i've gotten full flavor sessions the whole time.
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:09 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

If you've been smoking for a while you probably won't notice that much of a difference in buzz...its no desi murli thats for sure. But yeah try the kiwi, i dont think it really tastes like kiwi but i like it
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

i agree with huskysibe. I thought your response was ridiculous. People often use this forum to get advice and opinions on certain subjects and they certainly don't need any from someone that has never even tried or experimented with the subject at hand. And yes...its very easy to smoke tangiers...in fact you can smoke it practically the same way you smoke any other shisha if you want.
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

same shit- different thread.
Old December 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Bunch of sissies! Stop your whining. This is another example of someone speaking on a subject they know nothing about first hand and getting called on it.
Old December 5th, 2008, 10:26 AM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

i love tangiers its one of my favorite smokes currently im sitting on somewere around 2 kilos of random flavors

horchata or kiwi is my favorites.

and usually what i do is i get the package at home open it up do my normal routine shower eat ect ect and then by then its acclimated and good to go.

why cant be we friends why cant ew be friends why cant we be friends.
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook