Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My first Tangiers Experience

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old December 5th, 2008, 10:38 AM
reality-
Banned

Default Re: My first Tangiers Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
.. This is another example of someone speaking on a subject they know nothing about first hand and getting called on it.
First thing I said was I havent tried it yet and I was asking if it was worth the effort of acclimating and so on and if its better then the standard lines. "getting called on it" what you tlaking about.. the whole post I wrote was a quesction how can it be "another example on a subject they know nothing about and getting called on it"...

And I dont need any "I agree with billy" this is not a matther of agreeing with anyone there was never a issue.. Look in the thread before huskys post there was not even a conflict/issue..
Old December 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Bunch of sissies! Stop your whining. This is another example of someone speaking on a subject they know nothing about first hand and getting called on it.
thats a war face AAAAAH!
Old December 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM
pswami
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
ahh yes I remember now someone told me that the lucid line is not that complicated.. did you feel any of the caffein ? and did you acclimate it ?
The Lucid line has no caffeine; you're thinking of the F-line. The difference of the Lucid line is just the lower nicotine content.
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

This is my just my personal opinion .. but I feel I need to voice my opinion, I am entitled to it

I am gonna back up what reality- said! I agree, it does SEEM complicated! Why do you have to acclimate, stir, acclimate, and if it still smells like BBQ just acclimate it longer. Ohhh and you need a special "bowl" to smoke the stuff. An over-sized bowl to really "pack" that tobacco in it! (what a waste in my opinion) .. he is perfectly intitiled to his opinion of not wanting to make the effort based on the "special needs" required for only one shisha tobacco! I don't blam him one bit for not wanting to make the effort. Especially when there is some great Nakhla out there for half the price! With Nakhla you can just Pack and Smoke!

As for my opinion ... I've given it a couple tries now. Got some watermelon back when I was a n00b and wow oh wow, did that crap smell like BBQ! So I asked alllllll the n00b questions and tried a couple of times to "get it right" .. I let it "acclimate" I stirred, I acclimated, I stirred, I setup the bowl I poked the holes, followed all the rules and regulations and laws to a T, then it had a tolerable smoke taste with just a light hint of BBQ smoke. Go ahead and tell me I didn't acclimate it long enough!? lol (I did for like 3-4 days) there was no watermelon flavor! .. but in the end I ended up trading to some other sucker (I feel bad about it now, but not at the time) ..

Let's Try This Again!: I received some juicy peach, which I heard was amazing!! Ya know sometimes I wonder where this information of "amazing" is coming from or what their definition of "amazing" is!? Because it was that BBQ smell! So I acclimated .. and same old smell of BBQ, so another day, same smell, I even called the manufacturer and he said to let it sit out till it "acclimated" to my humidity, so yet another day, same smell and one more day, same smell! It was a terrible smoke, tasted like light BBQ smoke. The smell never changed. I really want to give a fair shot to this tobacco that is why I maid the effort and even called the manufacturer.

Another Try: I tried some Blueberry, and it was ok. I smoked it with someone that was really into it. So he was an expert about the proper setup so no more excuses right! Ok so we are smoking it, and it is ok, a VERY faint blueberry smell and some nice clouds. I said the smell was very light and I mean VERY LIGHT! So then the excuse he tells me is, "oh well blueberry is really sensitive to humidity shock" but we were smoking in his house where he acclimated it.

Oh Heck I'll Try It Again: Huskysibe sent me some Orange Soda, so I acclimated it and tried it out. Not bad! Especially compared to my above experiences. It was the best one yet .. but not as strong of a flavor that I would have thought it would be. At best it was a faint orange smoke flavor. Again, I am just waiting to hear that I didn't "acclimate" it long enough, or do this or that right!? haha, come on I have been doing this long enough to know how to follow directions, I have heard them a thousand times before!

Maybe It's Me? Try Again?: I've got some Kiwi and Vanilla (and both have no kiwi or vanilla smell, just a BBQ'ish smell) BUT I WILL acclimate it and try it one of these days. I am NOT giving up hope! I want to try!! but so far it has been epic failure
... I also have some Kashmir Peach, of course I hear those famous two words "its amazing"! It does not smell too bad actually, so I will acclimate and try that as well. I am actually kinda looking forward to that one because I like the spice/peach smell (please don't let me down again!)

OK, NOW Let's talk about the Lucid Line!?
The Lucid line is pack and smoke, no BS acclimating and special requirements necessary! Hooray!

SO! I have gotten some Lucid Line - Watermelon (always looking for a good watermelon flavor) so I am really excited to try this, and you can all expect an honest review! I haven't opened the bag yet, but if you hold it up to your nose you can definitely smell some watermelon through the bag .. Mmmm! (please don't let me down!)

So there ya have it, that is off my chest! If you want to try it, then by all means GO FOR IT! But if someone else doesn't like it, well that is their opinion! We are all entitled to our own opinion! Whether we have tried it or not (it definitely is a needy tobacco when it comes to setting it up, I've dated girls that require less prep time , and if that much setting up and special attention for a smoke turns someone off, then that is completely understandable!)

Scoop has written a great thread on setting up Tangiers and if any Members need help, they should be referred to that thread! PERIOD!

Here it is for everyones reference (with pictures and everything!):
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4073
.. Thanks again for putting this together Scoop!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:12 AM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswami View Post
The Lucid line has no caffeine; you're thinking of the F-line. The difference of the Lucid line is just the lower nicotine content.
Actually... I i've heard Mr. Tangiers might soon be working on a Caffeinated version of the Lucid Line...

Also .. I'v never had my Tangiers smell like BBQ sauce, before or after acclimating. :P
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamscott06 View Post
Actually... I i've heard Mr. Tangiers might soon be working on a Caffeinated version of the Lucid Line...
Are you his marketing manager!? lol, cuz you do a good job of it!

Quote:
Also .. I'v never had my Tangiers smell like BBQ sauce, before or after acclimating. :P
You are one lucky son of a gun! I could use some of that luck, because I've had just the opposite so it seems

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

mine always has the fresh bbq stank to it. after a couple of hours it goes away. its JAWSOME!
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:00 PM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Are you his marketing manager!? lol, cuz you do a good job of it!

You are one lucky son of a gun! I could use some of that luck, because I've had just the opposite so it seems
I wish I was his marketing manager!! .. Discounted shisha, samples of new flavors.. OMG!

I guess you could say I am pretty lucky.. Maybe its because I live in Ohio? Not much weather/humidity change? I havent smoked tangiers in a while.. Think i'll be loading a bowl up of Static Starlight in a couple minutes here
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

All hail the ultimate Tangiers fanboy!
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:53 PM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Quote:
All hail the ultimate Tangiers fanboy!
I sure am a fanboy! Tangiers > Nakhlabakhla crap
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
I sure am a fanboy! Tangiers > Nakhlabakhla crap
hahaha, busted on Dunkel! lol .. tooo funny! hahahaha

I am glad we all have such great senses of humor here

Old December 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I think the problem is that some people made us imagine Tangiers as an extrodinary tobacco that was invented by this indian guy.

I tried it and it is normal tobacco. Similar to SB and AF. Nothing extrodinary at all. So, if you don't want the hassle of acclimating and stirring, don't buy it. Otherwise, it is worth the price.
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
mdl
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mdl

Quote:
I guess you could say I am pretty lucky.. Maybe its because I live in Ohio? Not much weather/humidity change?
I think that's what Sambooka is having troubles with since he's in FL. I don't know how Jacksonville compares with St. Petersburg, Fl but when I'm in St. Pete the humidity is extremely different to that of San Diego. I was smoking Tangiers Pear last night here in San Diego and I just couldn't get it tasting right because of the rapid changed in temp/humidity here lately.

Acclimation isn't a hoax, or excuse, it's a reality. Humidity changes and moisture in the air effects things from guitar strings, to how your skin feels, to sinuses, to electronics and yes, even tobacco. Also, peoples preferences differ. I can't stand the way root beer tastes but there are tons of people who love the stuff. Dunkel doesn't like Tangiers Tobacco but iamscott06 does. This is what makes the world so great, people enjoy different things and no one if forcing them to.

Finally, you can pack tangiers in an egyptian bowl the size you prefer. The tobacco was smoked in regular bowls long before the phunnel came about and nothing has changed. If you think the phunnel was created to make users waste tobacco then your thoughts are skewed. If you're worried about wasting tobacco in a phunnel you can do what many people do and after smoking, scrape off the top layer and reuse the unburnt tobacco at the bottom of the bowl.

I can see how reality- may feel the acclimation process is a little complex, especially id he's not used to doing such a thing to tobacco. My advice is to read as much information as you can on this forum and the internet in general to get a good idea of what to do and you'll see that it's quite a simple process. Also, with everything in life, practice makes perfect and if you have any questions please feel free to ask them or PM me.
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

through all the joking and ribbing in here- i agree with dunkel and sam. its doodoo that smells like bbq. everytime i try it it tastes like ca ca. its one of those things - diff'rent strokes for different folks
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
Why do you post out what I write you in PM? thought it stand for private messaging ..
I didnt post your PM's, I used 2 of your words from your PM. How ridiculous is this anyway, get over it dude.
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

BTW this phrase I used "It seems to me you dont have a horse in this race" was meant to be funny since Thunder has a horse as an avatar(Har Har Har) my whole post was meant lighthearted but was blown way outta proportion.
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Well, here's my two cents:

1. Things like flavor (especially in a tobacco) are very very subjective.

2. None of the tobacco that we discussed are produced in large institutional batches like canned corn, so common sense says that there will be variation in what comes out, even though its the same brand and flavor.

I've had

Good Batches of Nahkla and Bad Batches of Nahkla
Good Batches of AF and Bad Batches of AF
Good Batches of Tangiers and Bad Batches of Tangiers
etc...

I've gotten to the point where I'm not willing to 100% write off any brand of tobacco. Much like Sambooka discussed above, I am always willing to take another stab at a brand for the two reasons I mentioned above.

As for people getting a little scrappy on the forums, I guess that is bound to happen. One thing I learned here is that if you are going to dish it out, you better have a thick skin for when it comes back around.

Reality, for someone that has historically been quick to negatively criticise almost everything on this site (including the photo's people share in thier albums, which I personally think is tasteless on your behalf). You seem to get awfully bent out of shape when people question your thoughts on a tobacco that you have not smoked yet.

I know that I have learned to think about other's reaction when I make a post, and I invite newer (and older) members to do the same.
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

I also agree with Reality, this is work... gotta get a tupperware container, let it air out, pack a ton into one bowl, BUT it is really good. I also am/was an AF guy and probably would smoke more of it if it was good, but I love the Tang now! If you try lucid and like it go for the gusto! I also don't need to acclimate more than an hour since I live in cali... maybe that's why its never BBQ flavor.
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

HELLO, I was talking about my 1st tangiers experience. what is going on?

It is not worth it guys, it is all hookah and tobacco and we don't need to get sensitive about it. We are participating in this forum to have fun and meet new friends. COOL DOWN shake hands

By the way, I respect all of those guys who posted in my topic including reality and Huskysibe
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

mmm, kashmir peach. its the last non-lucid flavor i still have. so damn good.

do it sam! stop wasting your time, just smoke kpeach and live!
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Quote:
... This is another example of someone speaking on a subject they know nothing about first hand and getting called on it.
Uhh dunk from what I understand you can't get tangiers to smoke right haha...
Old December 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

Lucid Watermelon is worse than crap. No taste at all, yuck. Passion Fruit was good though, so was K. Cherry.
Old December 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlight View Post
Uhh dunk from what I understand you can't get tangiers to smoke right haha...
It's not that I can't get it to smoke right, more like it is an inferior product. My point was I can make the statement that it's more trouble than it's worth because I have tried at least 5 Noir flavors and none ranked higher than a 3/10. It's cool though, some folks like messing around to get a lack luster smoke, but I prefer the simplicity and true greatness of Nahkla. IMO Ayam Zaman is 10X better than Tangiers as well.
Old December 6th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

lol@ lack luster smoke.

i like how tangiers is one of the few tobaccos made from quality tobacco leaf, quality flavorings and no food coloring.

if tangiers is inferior, al amir, al waha, fusion, starbuzz, fantasia shouldn't even be smokable.

but hey, to each their own. even before i tried tangiers i couldn't smoke al amir or al waha (disgusting).
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:29 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Reality, for someone that has historically been quick to negatively criticise almost everything on this site (including the photo's people share in thier albums, which I personally think is tasteless on your behalf). You seem to get awfully bent out of shape when people question your thoughts on a tobacco that you have not smoked yet.
yeah first of all
"has historically been quick to negatively criticise almost everything on this site"
Is a mix between how you interpret what I say ( that you think I am negative and critisicing ) which is okey man you feel that then Ok.. In my opinion that is not true at all but thats what you think then ok.
But the "almost everything on this site" thing is just BS and I know most people know thats not what I am doing on this forum..

"(including the photo's people share in thier albums, which I personally think is tasteless on your behalf )"
.. Yeah Im sorry but where did you got this from.. are you like confusing me with someone else? cus if so then please dont post it next to my name.

"You seem to get awfully bent out of shape when people question your thoughts on a tobacco that you have not smoked yet."
Yes Oh my god.. Just look at my reaction on this thread..

reality says: "Anyway I have yet to try this new tangiers thing.. I think it seems so komplicated to acclimate it, and I dont like too big buzz.. and smoke it with special setup and difficult to get going and so on..
Is it even worth it ?`"

Thunder explains for example:
"Smoking Tangiers was not difficult at all..." and so on..

realitys response: "got it.. I will try it next order. dont know what flavour yet though.. will look some reviews later.. make sure you make your review as well"

so no I dont feel Iam worth that response you gave me so eyah please reconsider next time you write something like that about another member for it to be TRUE before you post it and if you have any other personal issues with me as a person you can feel free to PM me.. Good day
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook